Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did! They were a bit late but no problem. Slow start on Monday morning. The car seems to be flawless. Hillary delivered the car. I brought her a dozen bagels to thank her and her colleagues for putting up with my constant calls for status.

Had 7 miles on it. The fit and paint job looked perfect to me. Charged to 90%.

Glad the wait is over and sure hope everyone gets their car soon.

That is really great, congratulations!

Sorry about the work thing.....I have not such problem since I am retired since mid 2014! I am still driving the Model S loaner, so missing my M3 a bunch!

Reactions: jdirik
I did! They were a bit late but no problem. Slow start on Monday morning. The car seems to be flawless. Hillary delivered the car. I brought her a dozen bagels to thank her and her colleagues for putting up with my constant calls for status.

Had 7 miles on it. The fit and paint job looked perfect to me. Charged to 90%.

Glad the wait is over and sure hope everyone gets their car soon.

YES!!!! So glad you finally got it! Congrats!

Unfortunately I drove straight to work and won’t get to really enjoy it until after Wednesday due to a bunch of deadlines! The 5 mile drive to work was awesome.
Best 5 miles ever though, right? I was really looking forward to my drive this morning, and the chance to park in an EV spot :)

Glad it went well for you - pretty car! They’re working hard in Dallas!

Reactions: jdirik
Best 5 miles ever though, right? I was really looking forward to my drive this morning, and the chance to park in an EV spot :)

Glad it went well for you - pretty car! They’re working hard in Dallas!

I'm somewhat concerned about my future trip times and my range with 5 mile trips turning into 20 miles and the like as I constantly look to take Interstate offramps so I can pull though the 180º turn-around lane on the service road at speed. ;)

@libra89

Question, after you paid off your balance I assume you got a fed ex package from Tesla right? Is that all you need to bring when you went to go pick up your car?

I got an email from echo sign today with the mvpa and it is telling me to sign it and send it back. This mvpa has the incorrect final price sheet in it so I haven’t done so. My ISA was able to get me an updated MVPA today that shows the correct financing info that I am bringing to my CU to get funded. I wonder if I should wait for that one to come through echo sign or just ignore it all and bring my copy I got through email when I go pick up my car.

My ISA told me he didn’t think I needed to electronically sign the old one, to just print out the new one and bring it with me.

I’ve been at the Pond Springs/ATX service center first thing in the morning 4 times in the last 3 weeks due to a few issues, and each time there were two carriers unloading 10 model 3s. The lot is completely packed and you can’t even drive in the front of it. Using every inch of asphalt to store model 3s.

I do worry about service center capacity in 12 months... they are going to need a much bigger space very soon.

Reactions: paco878
@libra89

Question, after you paid off your balance I assume you got a fed ex package from Tesla right? Is that all you need to bring when you went to go pick up your car?

I got an email from echo sign today with the mvpa and it is telling me to sign it and send it back. This mvpa has the incorrect final price sheet in it so I haven’t done so. My ISA was able to get me an updated MVPA today that shows the correct financing info that I am bringing to my CU to get funded. I wonder if I should wait for that one to come through echo sign or just ignore it all and bring my copy I got through email when I go pick up my car.

My ISA told me he didn’t think I needed to electronically sign the old one, to just print out the new one and bring it with me.

Yes, I got a fedex package that had all the paperwork to allow Tesla to register the car on my behalf. The Tx DMV forms, limited power of attorney, etc. It arrived on the morning of my original delivery appointment. Sign but don't date anything, seal it in the FedEx return envelope that will be included, and bring that to your delivery appointment. They won't even look at the docs - being the paranoid person I am, I didn't seal it and they wouldn't take it from me in Dallas until it was sealed.

They will get everything they need to know right from your Tesla account. I wasn't even asked to provide my ID or insurance card, because they had that stuff online already. I presume anyway. They write up the rest of the necessary paperwork from what they have on file. I had only one issue - they at first approached me asking for proof that I'd done the "final ACH". I was like.....for what? Because my account had $0 balance. So the guy pointed again at the $12,300 line item and said "I just need to see that it's been done". That WHAT has been done? That's my trade. He goes "yeah but did you do the final ACH"? UGH. That is my trade in value, take my car, give me a Model 3, we're even. It was funny after the fact because he was like.....ok I'll be right back. Then he comes back and goes "We're good". Yeah, I thought so :)

On the signing, I think that's DocuSign you mean? Anyway, if you DocuSign, you get the signed version right away, so no harm. But they probably aren't going to need to see it, it's in your account.

Reactions: paco878
I’ve been at the Pond Springs/ATX service center first thing in the morning 4 times in the last 3 weeks due to a few issues, and each time there were two carriers unloading 10 model 3s. The lot is completely packed and you can’t even drive in the front of it. Using every inch of asphalt to store model 3s.

I do worry about service center capacity in 12 months... they are going to need a much bigger space very soon.

I'm going to call them tomorrow, to see if my Car is available so that we can pick it up before the 27th.

If it's there, I'll gladly help them make more space on the lot.

My wife thinks I am so sweet now because INSTEAD of me saying “you’re going to the grocery again?” I say “you need a small bunch of green onions for garnish? I can drive you there or get them for you if your busy!”
Saturday night after delivery I had to work for a bit. We finished at 11:30 PM. I HAD to go to the grocery store. I was not going to survive another moment without a Diet Dr Pepper ;-) Sunday morning I added all my accessories, washed the car, and then went aimlessly driving. Sunday night I decided we needed to restock the cat food immediately. No, I did not want to order from Amazon. I drove to the pet store, which I normally hate. This car does crazy things to people :p

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: jprac80 and paco878
So, you all might find this interesting (since nobody else I talk to will...), But I am signed up for delivery notifications through United Road to Pond Springs and they seem to be coming in steady. However, my wife and I were there this afternoon looking at cars, and I noticed a UR truck make a delivery, and never got an email!

I'm even watching the "current" tab for Pond Springs, and this truck definitely never showed up on there! So, apparently there's some way for UR to deliver to Pond Springs, and it not show up as such in their system.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and paco878
Yes, I got a fedex package that had all the paperwork to allow Tesla to register the car on my behalf. The Tx DMV forms, limited power of attorney, etc. It arrived on the morning of my original delivery appointment. Sign but don't date anything, seal it in the FedEx return envelope that will be included, and bring that to your delivery appointment. They won't even look at the docs - being the paranoid person I am, I didn't seal it and they wouldn't take it from me in Dallas until it was sealed.

They will get everything they need to know right from your Tesla account. I wasn't even asked to provide my ID or insurance card, because they had that stuff online already. I presume anyway. They write up the rest of the necessary paperwork from what they have on file. I had only one issue - they at first approached me asking for proof that I'd done the "final ACH". I was like.....for what? Because my account had $0 balance. So the guy pointed again at the $12,300 line item and said "I just need to see that it's been done". That WHAT has been done? That's my trade. He goes "yeah but did you do the final ACH"? UGH. That is my trade in value, take my car, give me a Model 3, we're even. It was funny after the fact because he was like.....ok I'll be right back. Then he comes back and goes "We're good". Yeah, I thought so :)

On the signing, I think that's DocuSign you mean? Anyway, if you DocuSign, you get the signed version right away, so no harm. But they probably aren't going to need to see it, it's in your account.

When you get the fedex package does it tell you explicitly to not date anything? That seems odd, I wonder why they ask us not to date it.

My email came from echosign, but it is an older version and it is in my account like you stated so I will just leave it unsigned for now.

I finally got all my info to my CU but came in after the daily deadline for wire transfers so they will do it tomorrow morning. I went home and made my down payment and the literally split second after i hit submit I get an auto generated email from Tesla saying thanks for the money lol. My only hope now is that now that I have paid my delivery date stays true and if I have issues my ISA will still help. The scenario that you or someone else mentioned where the ISA just drops off the face of the earth after they get there money scares me a little.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Pretty frustrated with the delivery process. I paid in full almost a month ago and had an original delivery date of 8/31. It got pushed to 9/4, then to 9/11, now Brooklyn at the Cedar Springs Tesla Service Center in Dallas (which I live nearby) called me and told me I cannot take delivery tomorrow because my car is still in California (!!) I checked the United Road VIN lookup thing and it says my VIN has been sitting in Lathrop Hub since it was delivered there from Fremont on 8/20. I got an email this morning from my IDA stating that my Model 3 has been assigned to a load in preparation to be transported to the Dallas service center.

Why is it stuck in Lathrop? Is it just showing that but is actually in transit a different way?

This is frustrating because I have to keep scheduling and rescheduling with my father who is going to pick up my current car but has to make time to come from 2+ hours away.

Any advice on how to get a more accurate delivery date? I don’t want to keep waiting and get pushed. Thanks!

When you get the fedex package does it tell you explicitly to not date anything? That seems odd, I wonder why they ask us not to date it.

My email came from echosign, but it is an older version and it is in my account like you stated so I will just leave it unsigned for now.

I finally got all my info to my CU but came in after the daily deadline for wire transfers so they will do it tomorrow morning. I went home and made my down payment and the literally split second after i hit submit I get an auto generated email from Tesla saying thanks for the money lol. My only hope now is that now that I have paid my delivery date stays true and if I have issues my ISA will still help. The scenario that you or someone else mentioned where the ISA just drops off the face of the earth after they get there money scares me a little.
Mine actually didn't drop off, she stayed with me. I was mad on the night before my first date because she seemed to have ghosted me, and didn't respond to my email. But, then I found out she went out sick for 3 days. She was fine after that.

Yes, the fedex documents say not to date them. That was true for the title and title documents for my trade in as well as the registration and title documents for the Tesla. It's weird, but go with it :)