Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, you all might find this interesting (since nobody else I talk to will...), But I am signed up for delivery notifications through United Road to Pond Springs and they seem to be coming in steady. However, my wife and I were there this afternoon looking at cars, and I noticed a UR truck make a delivery, and never got an email!

I'm even watching the "current" tab for Pond Springs, and this truck definitely never showed up on there! So, apparently there's some way for UR to deliver to Pond Springs, and it not show up as such in their system.
Are you able to see Pond Springs deliveries originating from both Lathrop and from Fort Worth? At first I struggled to get anything other than Lathrop originations. I didn't really care about those because I knew my car was in Fort Worth. So it could be something like that.

Are you able to see Pond Springs deliveries originating from both Lathrop and from Fort Worth? At first I struggled to get anything other than Lathrop originations. I didn't really care about those because I knew my car was in Fort Worth. So it could be something like that.

I'm only seeing the ones from Lanthrop, so you may be right. I was assuming that if I'm registered to the destination, then I would see all origination points, but that may be incorrect .

My phone app access disappeared sometime between 2 and 5AM today, which is barely 10 hours after delivery. I'm betting I'll be going "old school" with key card access until sometime tomorrow at the soonest. Assuming so because I was so late in the delivery day yesterday and they are closed today. Interestingly, my Tesla account still shows my VIN but everything else looks like I went back in time in terms of delivery details. No MVPA on there, and it says "Estimated delivery by late September". Not worried about that, but it does look funky considering the car is happily resting in my garage :)

I did observe something weird this morning. I knew the phone app access was gone, but I had the phone and my key card in the garage while I did aero cap removal and some other stuff. I unlocked the car with the card, then at one point grabbed both the phone and the card and walked away. The CAR LOCKED like phone based walk away lock! Huh, I looked to see if I got phone app access back but I had not. I went back out with the card and phone, did some more stuff, but this time I walked away and it did NOT lock. The only difference was the time it locked it was plugged into the charger.
It doesn’t sound so crazy now when I got locked out of my car at the grocery store!

Pretty frustrated with the delivery process. I paid in full almost a month ago and had an original delivery date of 8/31. It got pushed to 9/4, then to 9/11, now Brooklyn at the Cedar Springs Tesla Service Center in Dallas (which I live nearby) called me and told me I cannot take delivery tomorrow because my car is still in California (!!) I checked the United Road VIN lookup thing and it says my VIN has been sitting in Lathrop Hub since it was delivered there from Fremont on 8/20. I got an email this morning from my IDA stating that my Model 3 has been assigned to a load in preparation to be transported to the Dallas service center.

Why is it stuck in Lathrop? Is it just showing that but is actually in transit a different way?

This is frustrating because I have to keep scheduling and rescheduling with my father who is going to pick up my current car but has to make time to come from 2+ hours away.

Any advice on how to get a more accurate delivery date? I don’t want to keep waiting and get pushed. Thanks!

I have been where you are and still don’t have any idea what is going on with my car. I’ve emailed everyone I could, filed complaints, called everyone multiple times to tell them how much they suck. I am so butt hurt about it, and I wish I wouldn’t stress about it as much as I do. Tesla delivery just messes up sometimes and they don’t like to share the details. If your car is traveling by rail, I am so sorry. It can be a bermuda triangle for some cars. Even if it does arrive at the final rail stop it can still sit for a month or more. :( and no one will admit fault or even recognize that something is horribly wrong. This is normal for them. I don’t see anything changing anytime soon. Meanwhile you get to sit and watch everyone that ordered after you and paid after you pickup their cars and gloat about it.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I did! They were a bit late but no problem. Slow start on Monday morning. The car seems to be flawless. Hillary delivered the car. I brought her a dozen bagels to thank her and her colleagues for putting up with my constant calls for status.

Had 7 miles on it. The fit and paint job looked perfect to me. Charged to 90%.

Glad the wait is over and sure hope everyone gets their car soon.
That’s awesome! Congrats, @jdirik!

Reactions: jdirik
Before reading this, know that this is basically my journal for the day, so please excuse the venting. Thor is a MSM, 19 in wheels, RWD, and EAP. Also know that a lot of my frustration is due to the fact that my wife and I are down to one car while I am waiting on my car to arrive (which isn't Tesla's fault).

Add me to the list of people that are getting delayed in Texas. I've been reading this forum since I paid in full, and of course I got the email tonight pushing back my delivery a week due to "unforeseen transit delays". I just want to be like: They aren't unforeseen when they are happening to everybody! I've been checking in with my IDA every once and a while and it's always been: "the 12th should be good to go, I've built in delays into your delivery date." Yeah, ok... Looks like you did. I know that this is still earlier than I was supposed to get it... I get it... But this whole process has really rubbed me wrong.

I've read all of the people on the forums saying: "just wait until you get your car, it will all be worth it", or "I don't miss the days of normal dealerships". Well I just bought an Infiniti for my wife and the entire process from start to me walking out with the car was only an hour: test drive, negotiating the price (was actually kind of fun), financing with credit check, and signing the documents. The fact that as a company Tesla can't get their act together on meeting delivery appointments or providing updates on your cars location and progress really frustrates me. The fact that I actually have zero trust that I am going to get my car on the second scheduled delivery date is too bad. Cedric at the north Houston delivery center said that even when the car arrives, there is a week turnaround on detailing and inspection. My car is "ready for delivery to the SC", and it went by train, so I'm assuming that it is in DFW. So even if my car got delivered tomorrow by United Road, they still wouldn't most likely meet my deadline of next Monday.

I know the responses of many people on this forum are going to be: "they are a growing company, give them a break" or "it's the state of Texas fault". My point is that they knew what it was going to take to sell cars in Texas. They knew how many cars they were planning on selling here, but yet they didn't establish reliable transportation for their vehicles to arrive on time and they didn't create an environment at the service centers to detail and inspect cars at the rate of demand.

The worst part is that I t doesn't really seem like they care. They only try to expedite the process if you file a complaint with the BBB or move in the chain of managers multiple times. It would be nice if they made even a small gesture.

In conclusion, I'm sure that I will love the car and it's only one more week, when I've been waiting a long time already, but if I was talking to a friend about getting one, a large part of the conversation would be about how annoying this process has been, and that's unfortunate for Tesla.

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden and paco878
My car was moved from Fremont, CA to Lathrop, CA and then to Richmond, CA.

Why did they move it to Richmond? Is this the normal route to Houston? It's supposed to be here for Delivery this weekend but It's not looking promising.
We regret to inform you... your car is coming to Texas via RAIL.
upload_2018-9-10_22-50-38.png

Sorry, been there, done that.

• Informative
Reactions: ℬête Noire
Oh goodness, i just checked unitedroad and my VIN apparently arrived in BNSF-Richmond on 8/10. If my car gets funded tomorrow hopefully it gets processed to move down to Houston by end of week. Does anyone know how long it would take for the rail to move from CA to Texas if the world was perfect?

Oh goodness, i just checked unitedroad and my VIN apparently arrived in BNSF-Richmond on 8/10. If my car gets funded tomorrow hopefully it gets processed to move down to Houston by end of week. Does anyone know how long it would take for the rail to move from CA to Texas if the world was perfect?
72-96 hours, according to my friend that works at BNSF. From there, who knows.

Reactions: neroden and paco878
Thanks for the info.. Is there really no way to track VIN's on BNSF? libra89 - Have you asked your friend about this?

EDIT: I found this a few days ago.
Customer Tracking | BNSF Logistics

Has anyone tried getting one of the reference ID's from Tesla? I'll ask my IDA but don't expect a response today.
I didn't, because by the time I knew what the deal was, my car was already on the lot, so there wasn't anything for me to gain by knowing that. Glad you found some tracking info though!

It doesn’t sound so crazy now when I got locked out of my car at the grocery store!
So my phone access magically came back sometime overnight - YAY! But seems the car still wants to have the key card. I am not sure what order of operations I need to do now to get it to recognize the phone instead. I drove to work on key card access, and then after I got out at the garage I used the app to lock the car. Let's see what happens when I get out there at end of day.

My Tesla account now has all the owner features. Feels good - now I'm REALLY an owner :)

Reactions: paco878
So my phone access magically came back sometime overnight - YAY! But seems the car still wants to have the key card. I am not sure what order of operations I need to do now to get it to recognize the phone instead. I drove to work on key card access, and then after I got out at the garage I used the app to lock the car. Let's see what happens when I get out there at end of day.

My Tesla account now has all the owner features. Feels good - now I'm REALLY an owner :)
Now go do your first supercharger.

It should have been obvious to me, but not until I saw 8.25% tax on my supercharger receipt did I realize that the gov’t needs to catch up on how to properly tax automobiles.

Reactions: libra89

And I figured it out. I have to re-pair the phone as a key :)

Last edited:
Hey there everyone, can one of y'all from Austin check on my VIN? Getting a little antsy as my 9/24 date approaches..

Also if your ISA in Vegas is Stephanie A, you are in for an awesome experience! First e-mail from her was Aug 31st (Friday) I shopped around for loans and got my pre-approval info to her on the 1st, she was in on SUNDAY to get my final MVPA requested. Got the final MVPA on the 4th, signed and sent off to.. I guess my IDA? Got that back on the 7th, and am now awaiting delivery :)

• Love
Reactions: CrazyCoconut