Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone w/ my IDA related to some paperwork questions, so I took the opportunity to ask about the status of my car and was told it arrived at the SC this morning and they offered to move my delivery date from Sat to Fri, but driving into Dallas at 5p doesn't sound ideal so unless something major goes wrong it looks like the third delivery date is the charm and I'll be working on my chrome delete this weekend :D

Also, of note: my vehicle doesn't show up on any of the UR details as arriving at the Service Center. The last and only line when I pull my VIN is when it went to Lanthrop back on 8/3.

Reactions: gravastar
Does anyone know or even have a theory about how my car is likely to come to Austin given that United Road shows that it was trucked to the Port of San Francisco. It doesn’t seem as though it is a likely place to go if it will be shipped by rail. But I was wondering if anyone had knowledge or even idle speculation about what this might mean.

That is really ODD, Pier 80 is a pier which handles autos transported via ship. I would assume most likely in-bound import vehicles. Unlike the Richmond terminal, there are no associated rail auto-transport facilities close by.
upload_2018-9-13_0-2-25.png

While I guess Tesla could be looking for big empty lots to stage vehicles from, driving 30 miles northwest (as the crow flys) through nasty SF traffic just to find an empty lot makes little sense.
upload_2018-9-13_0-16-19.png

Could foretell a fate (i.e. wait) worse than an OKC rail terminal.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Just to vent a little... posted on twitter to elon and tesla to ask them to please take a look at Texas (hey sometimes it works) as I have a friend impacted by this (I feel bad as I got my car; also he was impacted by that one bad IDA that others have complained about). One person RT to the Texas AG (hey what can you do about that?) but then another person RT to a short mark spiegel who liked it and a few random people replied with what seems like nonsense (I posted a reply and the person or bot replied with almost the same text).

i want Tesla to fix their stuff, but those stupid shorts don't have the consumers in mind, they just want Tesla to fail. It's like seeing a Toyota Camry on the road on fire and instead of calling 911 they say "haha you are driving a Toyota Camry, sucks to be you".

You might email Elon as well. [email protected] Not sure who receives these, probably some assistant.

• Informative
I mean, I paid two weeks earlier and I'm also the 15th, can't say I'm not jealous :)

However, if you'll be there around noon, perhaps we'll run into each other!

It seems like the times for the Texas Hold Up are coming to an end, and the rumored streamlining of the process wasn't just a rumor.. Or someone else had a 3 with my configuration but passed on it?

My appointment time is 3:15, but I'll probably get there earlier just to see if it'll be ready earlier.
Now my scramble to get my puddle lights and floorboard lights in.
I already updated Duane at Xpel and he was able to squeeze me in for drop off on Saturday

Reactions: paco878
It seems like the times for the Texas Hold Up are coming to an end, and the rumored streamlining of the process wasn't just a rumor..

You're funny.
I still haven't received my car. This forum and probably this exact post will see its next wave of Texas Rail Jail victims if they continue to tell people a specific date and continue to fail at meeting their own expectations.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a delivery date! 2:30pm CST tomorrow! *Still tentative* but it is no longer a placeholder date and an actual date where my car is actually physically sitting in the service center since Tuesday waiting for inspection and detailing.

Days since ordering: 78 Days
Days since VIN assigned: 60 Days
Days since paid in full: 39 Days
Days since car arrived in Dallas (rail jail): 30 Days
Days in Tesla paid rental car: 22 Days
Days since car arrived at Cedar Springs Service Center: 3 Days

I feel good about this one. *fingers crossed*