Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding the Corpus Christi location, I did an analysis many months ago that pointed to Calallen, TX. This is technically within Corpus Christi, but it is also where I-37 and I-69E meet.

Victoria to Calallen, ~85 miles
Three Rivers to Calallen, ~60 miles
Calallen to Raymondville, ~ 100 miles (Raymondville to South Padre Island or SpaceX is about 70 miles)

John

Regarding the Corpus Christi location, I did an analysis many months ago that pointed to Calallen, TX. This is technically within Corpus Christi, but it is also where I-37 and I-69E meet.

Victoria to Calallen, ~85 miles
Three Rivers to Calallen, ~60 miles
Calallen to Raymondville, ~ 100 miles (Raymondville to South Padre Island or SpaceX is about 70 miles)

John

Supercharger - Calallen, Texas

Glad to see Childress, TX pop up 'In Contruction', as it'll make ducking south from Amarillo via TX-287 through Wichita Falls to the Dallas/Ft Worth area more reasonable. Of course, TX-287 tracks south of the Red River, which probably makes for an increased risk during active flooding, but when dry, it looks like it makes for a more direct route?

For northbound winter driving in cars with less than 85kW it will take a second charger to drive that route. There is an optional route across I-20 to the Cisco charger, then north to Childress. 187 feet of altitude gain, 196 miles, 213 RM @ 314 Wh/mi, just under 3 hour drive time. Although not ideal for many, it does help you avoid the construction on I-35W.

I drove by Kingsville , Texas last PM and there are superchargers at the Holiday Inn Express there. It was raining and I could not count the number of units that were there as I drove by. I could not tell how far along they are but the white supercharging units are already up and standing in a row . Just an FYI ,but guess maybe no chargers coming to Calallen area . ? whether next will be further south than Raymondville. , James

Kingsville is only 87 miles from Three Rivers, so it would make sense to skip the Corpus Christi area. Maybe Harlingen next? That's about 100 miles south of Kingsville and would provide easy access to SpaceX and South Padre Island.

Edit- Kingsville is only 112 miles from Victoria, so it works without Corpus Christi for those coming from Houston too.

Last edited:
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I drove by Kingsville , Texas last PM and there are superchargers at the Holiday Inn Express there. It was raining and I could not count the number of units that were there as I drove by. I could not tell how far along they are but the white supercharging units are already up and standing in a row . Just an FYI ,but guess maybe no chargers coming to Calallen area . ? whether next will be further south than Raymondville. , James
I sent this info to Blueshift at supercharge.com. I gave him the address for the HIExpress I found online at 2400 South Highway 77, Kingsville, TX 78363. I hope this is correct. The satellite view doesn't show anything close except for an ihop. Let me know if I have the wrong location so I can get the correct info to supercharge.com. Thx

Last edited:
Kingsville is only 87 miles from Three Rivers, so it would make sense to skip the Corpus Christi area. Maybe Harlingen next? That's about 100 miles south of Kingsville and would provide easy access to SpaceX and South Padre Island.

Edit- Kingsville is only 112 miles from Victoria, so it works without Corpus Christi for those coming from Houston too.

Bummer. I WANT one in CC. Oh well.

Here's a pic from TripAdvisor reportedly from the Kingsville Supercharger:
tesla-supercharging-station.jpg