Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text from Tesla - but no VIN/MVPA yet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So call me different... I have no email nor text. BUT- I have an official VIN now (not just the source code), got the MVPA today (which I used to complete everything with my lender), and the "complete purchase" message. I originally purchased mid-Jan, 2020 and added a tow package via chat in mid-April.
Blue MY LR, Black interior, 19", FSD and Tow.
Same. I have VIN on MVPA. No text or email. MSM Black interior LR with 20s Atlanta. Ordered 5/27. Received VIN 5/31.

Just got a text from Tesla telling me my Model Y is expected to be delivered in 2-4 weeks. That is the first text I've received since March. No update on VIN or anything like that yet. Did everyone else get this? Seemed pretty generic.

Frustrating email

second notice 2-4 weeks. Went to store last eeek for staff to make sure done right. My experience with sales staff over 5 years ( I own PModel S. 3/4 sales people not completely trained.
This email one threatens ‘if not complete will be delayed. What does manage want? Insurance. With VIN. What has it not given VIN.
Further more they delay more likely I take delivery in another state. They are incapable they say. With their rigid no communication policy they are off putting.

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 2 - 4 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

White on White PUP with TOW & FSD
Just got the same

2-4 weeks
White on Black. 20” no FSD. SoCal

Strange... I am complete opposite. Still no emails or texts from Tesla on this, yet my account suddenly had VIN in source and MVPA with a VIN which checks out when I called my local SC. No delivery date yet, SC expects another 10-14 days or so to arrive. My account has correct info for e-mail address and phone number. And I got the generic mass email on May 13 with generic update. No idea what gives, but glad there is some movement. Just weird how my experience is opposite most.

Strange... I am complete opposite. Still no emails or texts from Tesla on this, yet my account suddenly had VIN in source and MVPA with a VIN which checks out when I called my local SC. No delivery date yet, SC expects another 10-14 days or so to arrive. My account has correct info for e-mail address and phone number. And I got the generic mass email on May 13 with generic update. No idea what gives, but glad there is some movement. Just weird how my experience is opposite most.

Welcome to the island of misfit toys with me- and there is one other on the forums with the same scenario.

I am the same. Got VIN yesterday and no text. I think all who were about to get VIN's did not receive texts as we are farther along in the process.

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 2 - 4 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

?
White on White PUP with TOW & FSD

I got that text as well and mine is also TOW and FSD so maybe there is a batch of those coming out now? Mine is MSM/White/performance/tow/FSD