Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text Message reading in 2019.40.5 Early Access!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only voice calls and calendar. If it will let me cry out "Hey, Google" and get a response through the speakers, I haven't figured out how to do it. Is there a command I don't know about?

I've only used it with Cortana but I don't use Hey Cortana. It automatically asks if I want any new message read... I can trigger Cortana from the in car voice control if needed to send a non-reply text.

Not looking forward to the switch to something else since Windows Mobile is no longer supported and they all appear to suck in comparison. (Other than third party app support.)

I've only used it with Cortana but I don't use Hey Cortana. It automatically asks if I want any new message read... I can trigger Cortana from the in car voice control if needed to send a non-reply text.
I put an Echo Auto in my 3.
Not looking forward to the switch to something else since Windows Mobile is no longer supported and they all appear to suck in comparison. (Other than third party app support.)

I can't follow what you are doing. Are you saying the phone will play through the car speakers when you are not on a phone call? I've not been able to do this with Android. In fact, for a while it made me think the map app was dysfunctional because I would tell it stuff (through it's own mic) and it would be trying to talk to me but I couldn't hear it because it was bluetoothed to the car and the car wasn't playing the audio.

I can't follow what you are doing. Are you saying the phone will play through the car speakers when you are not on a phone call? I've not been able to do this with Android. In fact, for a while it made me think the map app was dysfunctional because I would tell it stuff (through it's own mic) and it would be trying to talk to me but I couldn't hear it because it was bluetoothed to the car and the car wasn't playing the audio.

Yes, but maybe it works because I am playing my music via Bluetooth and not the internal media player...

Reactions: JBT66
@SouthSeas Click Music then phone as the source.
I usually launch Amazon Music and then I can use Alexa for most things. I could use the Alexa app as well but IMO the music app works better.

So at that point you can't use the car for music or radio? I don't have a music subscription on the phone but I guess I could try one. Slacker isn't always what I want, but I like to listen to the news on the radio. I spend five hours a week in the car on a long trip. I'd hate to see how much data that would use on my phone... but maybe it's not so much. A song is around 5 MB or less and might be 25 an hour, so 125 MB per hour or less than 1 GB a week or 4 GB a month. That's $40 on my phone plan... well, maybe, maybe not. We'll see how much better I like my phone if I can use it through the car for voice control.

Too bad it's either/or.

Thanks