Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thank you Tesla for making a Autopilot affordable to more people

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have a link to confirm this? Nothing I've seen yet indicates that the 'new' FSD promised features will work on existing hardware, in fact the opposite

I can believe employee cars might have alpha/beta hardware but I wonder if any customer cars have it yet ... Elon probably has HW3 autopilot.. Would be interesting if it really is in the wild now..

According to several articles and Tesla NO cars have HW3 yet and they do not know when they will start shipping cars with it.

Reactions: Msjulie
As a 3 owner with EAP I am *extremely* skeptical that full FSD will happen on this vehicle. To me, an FSD vehicle would not only stop at a stop sign, but wait until traffic is clear and then execute a turn.

Now imagine it's a 2 way stop, with full speed traffic that you need to wait to clear until you proceed. I don't think the external sensing on the 3 will ever cope with that even upon the arrival of HW3. Don't get me wrong, EAP is cool as hell but the idea of this car ever joining the Tesla Network as a driverless vehicle is a fantasy.

Reactions: COrocket
EAP was $7k post-delivery I thought. If they applied the 50% off to your account still and you would want Summon, Nav on AutoPilot, AutoPark, then I'd pull the trigger to get them all for $3.5k. If you wait until the pricing goes to $2k for TACC and AutoSteer, then its another $3k for those three extra features and you will have paid $5k instead of $3.5k. But then you do get future features. Pick your poison.
Unfortunately no, it's not looking like that is the case. This is $3,500 for just autosteer and tacc. It was $4k before I got the random EAP trial and at the time I enabled it, it dropped $500. It's showing FSD (with summon, autopark, NoA) for $5,500 on top of the $3,500.

Curious that Tesla slashed the price of ap and fsd concurrently with advising the analysts that they expect a loss in the 1st quarter. Sound like this is an effort to mitigate the bad news they expect to deliver in April. Appears the strategy is working.

The only current FSD features are the old EAP features that were moved to the FSD tier (summon & auto park). The existing hardware can handle that. If the description next to the price doesn't say you'll get new hardware, then you shouldn't count on it. You may get it if Tesla's finances improve. If not, there is now way they're retrofitting tens-of-thousands of cars.
The already announced FSD features will not work on EAP hardware.

There is absolutely no ****ing way that advanced summon is going to be a useful feature on HW2.5. It will invariably be super slow, or poop itself when it encounters another car or person, or go the wrong way down a one way lane.

IF advanced summon is ever going to work, it is going to require better hardware. NoA and autopark are literal trash and summon is only useful in very specific cases, how are they going to do something WAY more advanced with the current hardware?

Reactions: COrocket
Unfortunately no, it's not looking like that is the case. This is $3,500 for just autosteer and tacc. It was $4k before I got the random EAP trial and at the time I enabled it, it dropped $500. It's showing FSD (with summon, autopark, NoA) for $5,500 on top of the $3,500.

Ouch. Yeah, I’d wait for it to update the $2k + $3k then. May it happen soon for you!

There is absolutely no ****ing way that advanced summon is going to be a useful feature on HW2.5. It will invariably be super slow, or poop itself when it encounters another car or person, or go the wrong way down a one way lane.

• IF advanced summon is ever going to work, it is going to require better hardware. NoA and autopark are literal trash and summon is only useful in very specific cases, how are they going to do something WAY more advanced with the current hardware?
Since advanced summon is at slow speeds, they could just be running AKNET_V9 at around 5fps on HW2 in the parking lot, versus the full frame-rate needed at speed.

Since advanced summon is at slow speeds, they could just be running AKNET_V9 at around 5fps on HW2 in the parking lot, versus the full frame-rate needed at speed.
Yes glorious Tesla FULL SELF driving. It can only go 2mph or less and will come with a warning that it can only be used on private property and owner assumes all risk.

Tesla’s claims of FSD are joke and insult to people working on real FSD.

Reactions: rlb4