Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Elon Musk Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it of any interest to you, of course not. But lots of others are interested- ask Ukrainians when the whole world was just talking but he was the one who plumbed the resources free- not many people give any credits.
The Muskovite is no friend of Ukraine. He has suggested they hand over Crimea which Russia stole in 2014. Crimea belongs to Ukraine.

The US has committed $18 billion in aid to Ukraine this year, and the UK has committed £2.3 billion. Other smaller countries, such as Estonia, have contributed smaller amounts but which represent a greater proportion of their GDP. Compared to that anything the Muskovite might have given is chump change.

I didn’t watch this series, and frankly I’d rather stick pins in my eyes. I have zero interest in Musk as a person and he really doesn’t come across as a very likeable man.

Last edited:
The Muskovite is no friend of Ukraine. He has suggested they hand over Crimea which Russia stole in 2014. Crimea belongs to Ukraine.

I didn’t watch this series, and frankly I’d rather stick pins in my eyes. I have zero interest in Musk as a person and he really doesn’t come across as a very likeable man.
Good grief, if it is your personal choice go ahead and do it. There is something more than bloody governments sending money to another country just because NATO doesn’t want Russia near their territory. It is more of self interest. If Elon loses his money no one is going to give him that back. In fact you guys will be on these forums to tell why he deserves that!

He did f*** all for free. It was paid for by the US government. Your mate has also been happily shooting the breeze with Alexander Medvedev on Twitter. He's a dangerous little b***end.
US government paid for 3% of dishes, none of the ongoing costs, probably most of the delivery costs (US Air Force transports already taking US government paid-for weapons).

Spacex paid for 97% of dishes and all ongoing costs. The fact that the factual dull first US press release was changed to a credit-claiming misrepresentative one is quite telling.

US government paid for 3% of dishes, none of the ongoing costs, probably most of the delivery costs (US Air Force transports already taking US government paid-for weapons).

Spacex paid for 97% of dishes and all ongoing costs. The fact that the factual dull first US press release was changed to a credit-claiming misrepresentative one is quite telling.

• Disagree
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Good grief, if it is your personal choice go ahead and do it. There is something more than bloody governments sending money to another country just because NATO doesn’t want Russia near their territory. It is more of self interest. If Elon loses his money no one is going to give him that back. In fact you guys will be on these forums to tell why he deserves that!
Good grief, take a chill pill and stop getting so rattled by opinions contrary to your own. It’s not worth busting a gut over. Even on this forum there is room for something other than sycophantic hero worship.

I see Elon still divides opinion very strongly!

I haven't watched the shows yet, but they sound interesting. He's clearly a very complicated personality and it's probably impossible to get a "true" picture of him from anything publicly available. What we do get are no doubt various caricatures of the man depending on the bias of the source. The truth is probably slightly less exciting.

I'm just glad Tesla and Space X were successful and for that he deserves some credit at least.

I see Elon still divides opinion very strongly!

I haven't watched the shows yet, but they sound interesting. He's clearly a very complicated personality and it's probably impossible to get a "true" picture of him from anything publicly available. What we do get are no doubt various caricatures of the man depending on the bias of the source. The truth is probably slightly less exciting.

I'm just glad Tesla and Space X were successful and for that he deserves some credit at least.
Also he deserves credit for disrupting the dinosaur model car industry which served only the dealers and middleman.

Also he deserves credit for disrupting the dinosaur model car industry which served only the dealers and middleman.
Aye, it’s great for the consumer having a monopoly model which means you have to pay full whack for your car instead of having dealers compete to give you a good deal. Thanks Elon, so glad I’ve less money in my pocket because of you.

Aye, it’s great for the consumer having a monopoly model which means you have to pay full whack for your car instead of having dealers compete to give you a good deal. Thanks Elon, so glad I’ve less money in my pocket because of you.
There is something called fairness in business and society, I think Britain is famous for atleast talking about this fairness a lot from NHS to other social car e programs and how we despise the American health care model.

In business fairness to an extent (not restricted to) involves most of us paying the same price for the same product rather than some shady middle man getting a percentage for minority of clients just because they can cut an unfair deal. I don’t think that is acceptable in any walk of life.

You are getting confused between monopoly and a direct sales model. Or maybe those franchised dealers are working for free to get you the very best deal possible.

Sorry I feel the exactly opposite way. The only time I went to a dealer they wanted $500 for a set of locking wheelnuts. I said I'd get them for $7 on ebay instead ... maybe their fee included installation

My brother bought a mini when they first came out and had to pay an extra $1,000 ... for what?

I'd way rather have a this-is-how-much-it-cost-take-it-or-leave-it situation than go to a dealership

There is something called fairness in business and society, I think Britain is famous for atleast talking about this fairness a lot from NHS to other social car e programs and how we despise the American health care model.

In business fairness to an extent (not restricted to) involves most of us paying the same price for the same product rather than some shady middle man getting a percentage for minority of clients just because they can cut an unfair deal. I don’t think that is acceptable in any walk of life.
I guess you never negotiate to lower the cost of your insurance, television subscription, broadband?

Just because you’re no good at it doesn’t mean the rest of us should suffer having to pay higher prices.

You are getting confused between monopoly and a direct sales model. Or maybe those franchised dealers are working for free to get you the very best deal possible.
Dress it up however you like, it’s a monopoly and that’s bad for the consumer.

Those franchises are competing for you and that means lower prices.

Sorry I feel the exactly opposite way. The only time I went to a dealer they wanted $500 for a set of locking wheelnuts. I said I'd get them for $7 on ebay instead ... maybe their fee included installation

My brother bought a mini when they first came out and had to pay an extra $1,000 ... for what?

I'd way rather have a this-is-how-much-it-cost-take-it-or-leave-it situation than go to a dealership
Totally irrelevant as this concept of markups don’t exist in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.