Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Last Founders X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's terrific, Bonnie. It appears yours should be rolling out of Fremont hard on the wheels of ours. The big difference is this will be your SECOND Model X and our firstandonly. You didn't drive that first one very long though, did you? :)

130 is much higher than I was expecting.
Yes, I remember you thinking it would be 119 or 120. I'm just glad to have a Founders VIN, tbh. The system automatically spit out a production VIN, a couple people intervened internally to get it reset correctly, and it posted today.

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 6.19.07 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Yes, I remember you thinking it would be 119 or 120. I'm just glad to have a Founders VIN, tbh. The system automatically spit out a production VIN, a couple people intervened internally to get it reset correctly, and it posted today.

To heck with your VIN. I'm eager for the pics. Still early next month?

Reactions: beths11
I'm obviously not in the loop but I am curious ...

Why the deep interest in the VIN or the founder's badging ?
What prompted the car swap from X to X ?

Economics?

1. Buy Sig X #2 at regular price
2. Earn founders edition via referral program which comes with a nice discount
3. I think Bonnie wasn't keen on the 7 seater (remember when the early sig owners placed their orders we thought the second row would fold flat.)
3. Sell Sig X #2 for more than purchase price (early days, someone was willing to pay handsomely for an X right now)
4. Wait for 5 seat config, AP2, 100kWh
5. Bonnie wins

In retrospect, I should have sold our early founders. There were some ridiculous offers out there. Had I had a sig and the founders, I would have done exactly what Bonnie did.

In retrospect, I should have sold our early founders. There were some ridiculous offers out there. Had I had a sig and the founders, I would have done exactly what Bonnie did.

We wanted to sell ours and do the same thing, but after being produced in early December, the car sat at the factory and depot for 4 months while they rebuilt it several times trying to get it working. At the end of the Q12016 they just gave it to us barely working and it has been several months in the shop since. Bonnie did it right.

Economics?

1. Buy Sig X #2 at regular price
2. Earn founders edition via referral program which comes with a nice discount
3. I think Bonnie wasn't keen on the 7 seater (remember when the early sig owners placed their orders we thought the second row would fold flat.)
3. Sell Sig X #2 for more than purchase price (early days, someone was willing to pay handsomely for an X right now)
4. Wait for 5 seat config, AP2, 100kWh
5. Bonnie wins

If she made money on the swap -- more power to her.

I'd also add that a Founders is more collectible than a Signature, because of scarcity. I had purchased the Sig when I qualified for the fully loaded discounted Founders. I had to choose between the two & an offer for the already-purchased Sig came in right before it was delivered.

t made sense to take the offer on the Sig and upgrade to Founders - and then Tesla allowed me to wait a bit, mostly because I was in the middle of a move. And Andrew is right - the fold flat configuration was important to me, along with the wiring harness for AP2.0. The larger battery wasn't part of the equation, but it's def appreciated.

It's always easier to wait when you have a Roadster in the garage.