Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The M3 terrifies BMW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did we ever find a source that outright said highly optioned models will come first or was that always speculation based on past behavior? I remember reading it in an article awhile back and they didn't cite a source either.
I'm pretty sure that Elon said 'highly optioned' would be among the priorities. He may have said so at the Model ☰ Reveal Part I, or it may have been something on twitter.

I didn't think so many people would buy a base model MS 60, but they are. I'm really not sure why they are doing that.
I think they are doing it precisely because of the 'bonus' of being able to use all 60 kWh if they like, with a 15 kWh reserve for anti-bricking. Combined with Supercharger access at no additional charge and the ability to unlock more range at a later date, it is a better deal all around than four years ago. And vastly better than unlocking a Model S 40 might have been.

I think they are doing it precisely because of the 'bonus' of being able to use all 60 kWh if they like, with a 15 kWh reserve for anti-bricking. Combined with Supercharger access at no additional charge and the ability to unlock more range at a later date, it is a better deal all around than four years ago. And vastly better than unlocking a Model S 40 might have been.
That may be true, however I was thinking in terms of car payments. One could have a very nice down payment on the M3 instead of MS payments. Oh well..... to each his own.

Reactions: Red Sage
I was looking for something else, and came across this on my way...

“Electric cars have many advantages over conventional vehicles – for example, they have a ‘full tank’ every morning, because they can be charged quickly and easily at home using the standard charging cable supplied.” -- BMW i 360°

I think I was clear that it was Elon Musk who said the average price for a T3 will be $42,000.

QUOTE="MassModel3, post: 1689423, member: 27679"]I'm terrorized by BMW?

It would explain the wild exaggerated comments about the BMW330e.[/QUOTE]
The only "wild exaggerated comments about the BMW330e" I've seen have been yours. How come you keep calling it the T3?

How come you keep calling it the T3?
q.jpg

If I am at the grocery store and pick the line where there is only one person instead of the line with eight... And it turns out that twelve people pass through the longer line before the one person I am behind manages to complete their purchase
This happens to me all the time, usually it is because I manage to get behind the one person who, inexplicably, has never seen or used the self checkout lane at the store. :(

Why should I give the store the benefit of my free labour?
That's fine - you won't be the person that gets in front of me then. It's the people who get in the line, spend 2 minutes getting out their discount card to scan, then start scanning each item, unfortunately scanning an item involves...
  1. picking it out of the cart
  2. rotating it to find the bar code
  3. re-rotating it so that the barcode is facing down
  4. waving it in the general direction of the scanner
  5. realizing that they are too far away from the scanner
  6. refinding the bar code again (I assume this is in case it moved while they were scanning it the first time)
  7. waving it in front of the scanner again until it beeps
  8. holding the item in their hand while they watch the screen to make sure that the item was correctly scanned
  9. finally, placing the item on the belt

Repeat the above for each item ....
For even more fuin watch them when they have a produce item where they have to enter the product code.

Then there is whole coupon scanning, self bagging, and paying (god forbid they have cash).

That's fine - you won't be the person that gets in front of me then. It's the people who get in the line, spend 2 minutes getting out their discount card to scan, then start scanning each item, unfortunately scanning an item involves...
  1. picking it out of the cart
  2. rotating it to find the bar code
  3. re-rotating it so that the barcode is facing down
  4. waving it in the general direction of the scanner
  5. realizing that they are too far away from the scanner
  6. refinding the bar code again (I assume this is in case it moved while they were scanning it the first time)
  7. waving it in front of the scanner again until it beeps
  8. holding the item in their hand while they watch the screen to make sure that the item was correctly scanned
  9. finally, placing the item on the belt

Repeat the above for each item ....
For even more fuin watch them when they have a produce item where they have to enter the product code.

Then there is whole coupon scanning, self bagging, and paying (god forbid they have cash).
I choose the self-checkout because I find it's generally faster. I also like that they typically have one queue for four "registers" so there's a FIFO aspect that's more fair than the traditional grocery store queueing. That said, I did make a mistake the other day by bringing beer into the self-checkout line, so I wound up being the guy you're talking about. :oops:

• Funny
Reactions: Red Sage and dsvick
Ah, you forgot about the guy who has a coupon that won't scan or needs to be manually entered. Then the line just stops until the guy (who has the deer-in-the-headlights "what am I gonna do now" look on his face) flags down a clerk who's trying to ring customers through a typical checkout. Then everyone just waits until someone is eventually called over from the service desk to help.

Yeah, love self checkout. :confused: Sometimes.