Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model 3 - 2020 Q3 Order Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
First post, lurked for a while.
I have ordered a Model 3 LR in blue with tow hitch via my company car scheme. V excited!
I’m eager to have my new toy, but looking at these posts, it seems early Sept delivery cars were ordered in July. Is that about right?
I guess at best I will be looking at November? Seem realistic to you?
I fear slightly that the blue/tow hitch combo might make the matching harder... I’ve still never seen a blue one in the wild!

If it doesn’t arrive by end of September it will fall into Tesla’s Q4 which sadly means you’re not likely to receive until November...

Hi Alistair,

Are cars expected beginning and end of September?

Mine ordered 10th June, delivery is 2nd Sept
Cars ordered around that timeframe have already started to be delivered over the last week or so, and some ordered much earlier are yet to be delivered. The way Tesla build batches of different specifications rather than build sequentially to order means that it's not necessarily the case that if you order before someone else you get your car before them, it depends on what Tesla have built and shipped to be available to the UK matching your spec. Not sure what the cut-off for deliveries for Q3 is though, before they would become Q4 and then probably November as earliest seems to be the message people are posting

Hi Alistair,

Are cars expected beginning and end of September?

Because Tesla don’t make your model 3 to order the amount of time you wait can range from weeks to months depending on what options you selected.

Tesla manufacture a bunch of each option which they then ship, cars get matched to you based on your delivery centre and order date... if you haven’t looked already - have a glance at the spreadsheet that’s linked on page 1 of this thread and you’ll have a rough idea of how long people have been waiting for different specs...

shipping to Europe essentially takes 3-4 weeks so the ships departing California over the next 2 weeks will arrive throughout September.

Tesla don’t seem to like having unsold stock at end of their financial quarters which is why you don’t see deliveries in the first month of the quarter :/

Reactions: ElRey
My order for M3P was placed on the 18th July via lease company (VWFS) via company salary sacrifice scheme. Received RN number 11th Aug, rang Tesla 13th August and was told which ship the car was on and provided with VIN number. They then asked if i wanted to arrange delivery / collection, arranged for 4th September from Manchester. Therefore 6 weeks for me from order to collection. Like already stated depends on shipments and when you place your order determines how long you wait but can't see it being any longer than 3 months considering the ship timetable to the UK & Europe

....when you place your order determines how long you wait but can't see it being any longer than 3 months considering the ship timetable to the UK & Europe
.....unless an order config is unusual/rare. Tesla do not build to order so it's partly luck of the daw (there are Q3 deliveries for cars ordered many months ago).

(By the way @Coley50 - we should not be displaying referral codes in our signature line)

Likewise, I have never had a call or text from Tesla. I've been doing all the chasing, like a needy partner in a relationship. Tesla are definitely 'keeping me keen'.
Same. It’s been a very one way relationship for me too. I’m not a very demanding customer, but we’re a couple of days away from when nearly £54k needs to be paid to them. Had I not been reading all the threads on this forum then I’d be more than a little surprised at the lack of contact tbh

I'm completely new to the Tesla way of doing things and about to order a M3 Performance. My question is, if you order from their inventory is the whole process any quicker? I'm not too fussed about colour, so there's likely to be something in inventory which will fit the bill.

Thanks,
Tim.

I'm completely new to the Tesla way of doing things and about to order a M3 Performance. My question is, if you order from their inventory is the whole process any quicker? I'm not too fussed about colour, so there's likely to be something in inventory which will fit the bill.

Thanks,
Tim.

Yep, inventory stock will either be already in the country or on its way. Either way you're looking at approx sub 1 month wait. There's probably some cars on inventory that came in on the Glovis Captain shipment (currently being unloaded in Southampton). If you bagged one of those, you'd be looking at a ~2 week wait I'd say.

Coming up to the end of quarter, you'll see quite a few Tesla centres dump their demo cars on inventory. You can bag a very nice discount - I just missed out on a M3P that had around £14k knocked off the price and it had done ~11k miles back in June. Tesla centres get their demo cars replaced quite frequently towards the end of quarter and you'll get a discount on them.

To summarise, if you're flexible on color, you'll almost certainly be able to pick up an M3P before the end of September. Probably early-mid Sept.