Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model 3 - 2020 Q3 Order Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my delivery appointment today, and also checked my account to see that i have a VIN aswell, but i only ordered it a week ago.

How can I check if it is a new car on the ship, or a return that someone has rejected for some reason or another?

I got my delivery appointment today, and also checked my account to see that i have a VIN aswell, but i only ordered it a week ago.

How can I check if it is a new car on the ship, or a return that someone has rejected for some reason or another?
The folk in the Edinburgh Tesla showroom are probably the nicest and most helpful people in Tesla UK - just ask them, they will give you an honest answer.

Reactions: j1mgg
My only concern is taking a '20 plate 12 days before the '70 plates arrive. If I ask Tesla to hold the car are they more likely to push back into the queue again? I do have something I need the car for mid-Sept so don't want to get pushed back too far!

They told me the week before last that they have the discretion to delay a booked appointment by up to 7 days without unmatching, but really, who knows how it works - it seems to change depending who you speak to.

Since I’ve been constantly checking my phone since finding out on Friday I had been matched... has anyone who found out they had been matched on Friday 31st (or later) received a delivery date text or any other communication from Tesla?

I placed my order on Friday 24th July 2020
Received Delivery Appointment Confirmation on Friday 31st July 2020 at 11am
Delivery appointment is on 14th August 2020

Hope it helps

Nope, we got told our VIN on 30th July and no text yet :(. We're a Birmingham pickup.

Yep, similar here. Found out last Friday I was matched, Bham pickup, no comms from them yet.

If you've had no comms yet and recently been matched, it's highly likely your car is on Glovis Captain with an expected delivery date of 1st/2nd week in September. Glovis Captain will arrive in Southampton around 24/25th August.

Funnily enough, just received a text from Tesla! Picking it up 3rd Sept from Birmingham, a little earlier than I was expecting! Can't wait.

There was only one slot available to me on the 3rd which I took. 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th were also offered.

We got the text just now also, selected a slot for the 2nd. We can finally stop staring at our phone screens! :D

Reactions: Alistairuk
Since I’ve been constantly checking my phone since finding out on Friday I had been matched... has anyone who found out they had been matched on Friday 31st (or later) received a delivery date text or any other communication from Tesla?

Mine goes like this:

20/07 - Last time I phoned Tesla, and was not matched yet
03/08 - Received first text, i.e. your model 3 is nearly here, prepare for delivery by watching these videos
03/08 - Phoned Tesla straight away to ask for delivery date and VIN. Told VIN was provisional and they could not share, and to expect delivery in first 2 weeks of September
04/08 - Received second text, i.e. your lease company has authorised and delivery set for 04/09. Reply with delivery address
04/08 - Immediately replied with address
04/08 - Received third text, i.e. your delivery is confirmed for 04/09.

Hope that helps

I got a text from Tesla today telling me to arrange pickup but the web link they included took me to an error page.
Given that they say you have to respond within 24 hours I rang the delivery team (via Relay UK as I'm deaf!)
Managed to "chat" to Nisha and arrange to collect my Tesla on the 7th at 2pm from Southampton Docks.
I was worried about the MOT on my trade-in Volvo - fortunately it expires 10 days after pickup so just in time.
I had an M3 LR test drive a few weeks ago from Southampton so I know where it is now.
Been waiting since April but the next four weeks might be agony :)

Reactions: LongRanger
Ordered on 5th July, Just offered Delivery on 1st September but decided to collect on the 4th when I'm off.
Spreadsheet updated.

This is the first car I've ever been excited for. So many extras bought already!

From the dates, I'm assuming shes coming in on the Grand Dahlia
It’s weird to be this excited isn’t it?

Part of my order from torque alliance arrived today, and I’m just about to book it in to be de chromed and Windows tinted.

Reactions: Mallikanth
100%! Quite a few of my goodies came this week and I can't help myself from looking at more (even though I said I wouldn't until I saw the car and felt it needed it). Even got the electrician coming around tomorrow!

Funnily i was looking at places to book mine for tints and dechrome too and one guy goes to bring it down for him to see and I said its still on the ship :rolleyes:

I. can't. contain. myself. Must. wait. until. delivery. only. 27. sleeps. left. (hopefully)!