Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model 3 - 2020 Q3 Order Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having watched the quarterly cycles since late 2019 this is always the really cool bit where folks start seeing real cars appearing, and the Tesla SC’s start getting a bit mad with way too much volume for their capacity etc - the fun bit !

My charger just arrived this evening from Switzerland so now I can bore the wife for 3 weeks showing her each type of connection option and make the eyes roll with general lack of interest .....

With pickup on the 4th September (I could have had it on the 1st but moved it to suit me better), I called today to see when my invoice is due...I was told it's being generated 'sometime today'.
Hang up and get a text to say my invoice is ready!

All paid now and I have VIN 76****

Reactions: Alistairuk
I see a lot of people quoting VIN numbers on here - dumb newbie question, but what's the significance?
It shows generally when it rolled off the factory floor, some here recently have quoted 74, i've also seen 76 and 77 VIN, newer VINs are more likely to have the USB C and Wireless charging pad ala Model Y setup, we'll see when some forum members pick up thier new toys soon!

• Helpful
Reactions: Lucanesque
It shows generally when it rolled off the factory floor, some here recently have quoted 74, i've also seen 76 and 77 VIN, newer VINs are more likely to have the USB C and Wireless charging pad ala Model Y setup, we'll see when some forum members pick up thier new toys soon!
Ahhh! Thank you.

In which case, if it helps, my last 6 digits are 76**** and I have confirmed through a webchat with Tesla that my car was built 25/7 and definitely has the wireless charging pad / USB C setup

Reactions: Mallikanth

Someone on the Facebook page has posted that his has wireless and USB C in the rear. Picked his up this morning.

More progress with home charger install today, interlocked 16A command socket is now cabled and on the house, which only has headroom for 20A new circuit max.

Tomorrow and next week the outbuilding electrics will have the circuit added for 53A rated draw, then outside sub-circuits added for a 32A interlocked commando and another 16A commando.

First I need to build the little charger house, which will be a log store type construction to house the exterior consumer unit and interlocked sockets. Plus some sort of lighting, need to work that bit out.

Reactions: JupiterMan