Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model 3 - 2020 Q3 Order Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a collection booked for my LR AWD on 8th September in Southampton. In my Tesla Account is a Downpayment Invoice which has a due date of tomorrow. Within my Tesla Account it provides details of how to "wire transfer" the payment. However I am a little nervous about this as I don’t recognise the terminology used in the bank details. See below. Does anybody know if this is to a UK bank account or is this for an international wire transfer to a bank in the US?

View attachment 578725

Ring and check.

I paid my deposit to that account and it didn’t show in my Tesla account as having been paid. I had to chase Tesla and they advised the account number and sort code related to a different part of Tesla and not Tesla Financial Services. They then needed a second chase on the phone to actual show that I had paid and to update my account on line to show I had no outstanding payments.
I also discovered that the email I was sending to deliverygb with a payment receipt wasn’t getting through but did get to through to the email address of an individual at Tesla who could then track things down.

tldr. Ring Tesla, check bank details, ring after payment made to check they have receipt and the money.

• Helpful
Reactions: DanAndTheBeard
Don't forget to use invoice number as a reference. RN also seems to work if its obvious what purchase the payment is for.

The payment should (if it still works like it use to) appear under the 'depositpaid' (or something like that) field in the same source document that you would have been monitoring your vin allocation in. Tesla seem to reconcile a couple of times per working day so do not expect it to appear immediately but should appear within 24 hours on a working day allowing for time zones.

I've just given them a ring to confirm everything, worth doing. That's nudged them to add the full invoice to my account by the end of the day.

No registration assigned yet for a early Sept. delivery, but the lady said someone would get in touch by phone or text at least 48 hours before delivery with those details.

I'm also 1st September.
If you're 9th, you're possibly one of the cars that cam over the pond on the Glovis captain. I think the 1-3rd are all car that were originally on the Grand Dahlia. These are, as we, speak being reloaded at Zeebrugge onto the Captain to come to Southampton.

Down side: you have to wait an extra week for your car

Major positive: Your car won't have been ragged around a port by a Belgian dockworker

Reactions: pevz
you're possibly one of the cars that cam over the pond on the Glovis captain

You are quite right, I am on the Captain...

Major positive: Your car won't have been ragged around a port by a Belgian dockworker

Agreed. The noise of the storm woke me up last night and my immediate thought at 2.30am was 'thank god the Captain is safely moored in Zebrugge port'! Then I fell back to sleep dreaming of center console storage accessories... I think I probably need to stop obsessing o_O

I've just given them a ring to confirm everything, worth doing. That's nudged them to add the full invoice to my account by the end of the day.

No registration assigned yet for a early Sept. delivery, but the lady said someone would get in touch by phone or text at least 48 hours before delivery with those details.

Received the invoice, instruction is to be... "paid in full 7 days before delivery. All clear for their bank details.

The delivery date on the invoice didn't match the booking made on the website, it was the 11th rather than the 9th. Called to clarify and was told to disregard the date on the invoice, they were not clear on where that date has come from.

Reactions: Alistairuk
Hi all,
First post, lurked for a while.
I have ordered a Model 3 LR in blue with tow hitch via my company car scheme. V excited!
I’m eager to have my new toy, but looking at these posts, it seems early Sept delivery cars were ordered in July. Is that about right?
I guess at best I will be looking at November? Seem realistic to you?
I fear slightly that the blue/tow hitch combo might make the matching harder... I’ve still never seen a blue one in the wild!