TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The new 8.0 incremental update made my summon better!

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by joninmelbourne, Nov 1, 2016.

1. joninmelbourne

joninmelbourne Solid Black S60 new face

Usually when summoning out of garage in the morning the car stopped as soon as it got to and sensed the steep slope my driveway is on. This was awkward for me as I have to close the garage door manually so I used to need to summon, get in and drive back another metre, get out and close the garage door before driving off. This morning the car continued right down the steep slope of the driveway letting me close the garage door straightway! Much better.

• Like x 1
  2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

Nice to hear. That was my biggest complaint about summon--that it was too picky about slope and garage lip. Hope they've adjusted it to make it work for more people.

3. cynix

cynix Member

Good to hear.

Now we just need them to enable fob-only Summon.

4. joninmelbourne

joninmelbourne Solid Black S60 new face

Looks like BMW 7 Series is getting key fob summon here so don't see why not Tesla. Guess the regulation people are worried it will activate by mistake in your pocket or with a child playing with the key.

5. WhiteStar

WhiteStar Member

Finally the mirrors no longer perform their pointless Summon tango!

6. Ludicrs

Ludicrs Member

Wow, can't wait to test this out... My driveway is also on a slope and summon has been basically useless for me. This would be awesome if its working now!

7. WARP 10

WARP 10 Member

Is FOB-only summon an Australian feature? I only use my FOB.

8. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

No quite the reverse. We have to use the phone app and keep the fob in range (our stuffy regulators). Fob-only is an aspiration for us!

9. WARP 10

WARP 10 Member

I can see how that would be annoying. The fob is certainly more convenient than the phone app.

10. cynix

cynix Member

Yeah. Summon is basically useless for me now, because the places where it's actually useful are usually places where there's no phone signal (e.g. underground car parks). Not to mention it takes a long time for the phone app to connect.

11. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the option of summoning.

12. garyjac

garyjac Member

Yes, it seems that summoning has improved as described above. I only have a slight slope upwards to the street, with a "lip" at the entrance to the garage (drain). Summon does not halt there now, but compensates for the bit of a bump over the drain and stays on course. So, a bit of an improvement.

13. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Thanks for the tip, I would not have checked again . Summon now starts on the 7° incline in front of the garage and also crosses the bump at the floor lip. The car does not pull straight in though, it thinks it is too close to the door frame on one side. I'll test it again with the second car in the garage to see if it can manage that tight space. The garage has a single wide door for two cars.