Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new 8.0 incremental update made my summon better!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joninmelbourne

Solid Black S60 new face
Jun 29, 2016
Melbourne
Usually when summoning out of garage in the morning the car stopped as soon as it got to and sensed the steep slope my driveway is on. This was awkward for me as I have to close the garage door manually so I used to need to summon, get in and drive back another metre, get out and close the garage door before driving off. This morning the car continued right down the steep slope of the driveway letting me close the garage door straightway! Much better.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Yes, it seems that summoning has improved as described above. I only have a slight slope upwards to the street, with a "lip" at the entrance to the garage (drain). Summon does not halt there now, but compensates for the bit of a bump over the drain and stays on course. So, a bit of an improvement.

Thanks for the tip, I would not have checked again . Summon now starts on the 7° incline in front of the garage and also crosses the bump at the floor lip. The car does not pull straight in though, it thinks it is too close to the door frame on one side. I'll test it again with the second car in the garage to see if it can manage that tight space. The garage has a single wide door for two cars.