Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The perfect Model 3 emergency jack?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to OP "mswlogo" for the Porsche scissor jack share.

My particular take on adapting the Porsche piece for Model 3 use was to fabricate a compatible "spud" to fit into the Tesla's jacking pad receivers. I've documented that here:

A 50 Ounce Roadside Jack for the Tesla Model 3

Wow!! Looks great. You think you could screw on a rubber stopper on it like people do when making the hockey style type of jack pads?

I finally finished my jack. Came out pretty good.
36B15C27-D3C2-4D5F-80F6-E622ECA3216A.jpeg
78F603FD-1AED-4D0C-AC5A-B2B623F27B9A.jpeg

Reactions: Ellsworth
Looks great...but looks like a toilet valve ;)

How is it attached?

Haha!!!! You are right it does. Kind of took a page from Ellsworths book. Knocked out the nub. Made a oval washer. Screwed down one of those door bumpers people use to make their own jack pads on top of a rubber fender washer and bolted it underneath. Those door bumpers have a metal cylinder inside them that keep the bolt from going though it.

Gave it a try and sure enough no problem lifting the car. Great thread. Thanks again.

Reactions: Ellsworth
Just picked up the Porshe OEM aluminum spare jack from partssociety.com for $65. Came with foam insert too.

I tried buying one from their. When I first went to the web site it said sign up for email list and receive 10% off on first purchase. I skipped and figured I could add that later if I find what I want. They had one for $69. I stopped at the check out for discount code. I had a heck of time getting that 10% discount to pop up, finally it did. Waited for email, nothing. Finally I said screw it and ordered it. 5 minutes later I got the discount code in email, grrrr.

Replied to the order confirmation and asked if they could apply the code. They refused. Nice. It was only $6 but it still annoyed me.

10 days go bye and no shipped notice. Now I wanted out. Especially since I doubt the photo matches the one I might get. I threatened to challenge it via PayPal and a day later he refunded it.

I ordered another one on eBay. It was $150 but includes the wheel and he refused to break it up. I’ve seen the wheels sell for $100. Anyone want a nice Porsche Spare tire :)

BTW, there was one on eBay with the tire that was brand new. I look at these things as antiques/collectors item now and thought it was pretty cool. Crazy high price though.

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc and sa012