Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The recent price drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Till they call the law and have you trespassed from the building. That won’t look good should you initiate legal action.
If they call the police and claim trespass because I stand in their Showroom and tell customers demonstrable truthes and my opinion.... how does that look for Mr. Elon "Free Speech Warrior" Musk? I guess Tesla doesn't like folks learning the truth about their cars... which I think would help my legal case demonstrably, actually.

Even if not, I'll take the Trespass charge and amplification of bad press for Tesla. Cause you see, that would only happen in a scenario where they refuse my return and refund. They've yet to do that to my face, yet. And I won't be harming their property or business... I will be informing consumers of information vital to their purchase and the safety of my community and roadways.

Tesla would be silencing me. Bad looks all around. I'd rather they take the return.

For real. Yall get out and Uber for hours and hour on dark interstates with a Model 3. Do it. Go try and do it without cruise control.

Have fun with that. I won't be playing these games. I need a car that works. It's been less than 30 days. They still can't make it work as advertised. And nevermind how me reselling a car I don't believe to be safe is like... highly unethical. Borderline illegal.

Like... my only real remedy here is a return and refund. I don't want FSD or benefits from Tesla. I don't want to be placate and lied to any further. I want out of this nightmare.

I got an idea? Maybe drive the car yourself on the highway for the sake of your business?

I have a few business too. If the toilet gets clogged and it needs attention and there is nobody there to fix it.....guess who is unclogging the toilet?
I certainly understand how you are unhappy. You have every right to be....but what you are doing is not productive. Hire a legal team if you would like to go that route but my spidey senses tell me the cost in legal fees will not be worth the time and energy.

You dont need a Tesla to drive for Uber. It amazes me how many people extend themselves over a material possession.

Your 'overextension' is my business model. I make 2.5x the average of most Uber drivers because I offer a free, premium service and folks tip accordingly. Free water. Snacks. A luxury ride. It matters to the material outcome of my work - it accounts for increased earnings having both an EV and a luxury EV that gives folks a premium experience.

That's how I paid off a 2015 Model S. But sure, talk about over extension like you know something. Here's the problem - if the car worked as advertised... I would be doing that. But without adaptive cruise control I am at a higher risk of tickets, the vehicle ride is less smooth, my foot cramps after hours and hours of driving and I *SHOULD NOT BE FORCED* into driving a car thar has chimes and emergency braking turned off so the car doesn't constantly ding or freak out because another car is merging on the highway.

Tesla told me this car was safe and could perform better than my Model S. It doesn't. Thjs should not be my problem. I was willing to entertain this nonsense when I believe Tesla could fix this and was going to take care of me... they exhausted all of that patience and understanding by NOT fixing my car and instead dropping its MSRP.

I am not the fool here. I did everything right! I put down 42k on a vehicle... on an investment I planned to WORK. It cannot work for me and they cannot fix it. And instead of fixing it, they just screwed me on the resell... and I shouldn't even be reselling a broken product anyway!

Also, for those curious. I drive Uber at night because that's when I can make the best money... driving drunk folks home and parties and whatnot. It's surprisingly good money - I can't drink anyway. I just want my car to be right. I have been patient. I have done everything right. Why do I get screwed and laughed at? Why do I get the short end of the stick??

Because I trusted the claims and representations of a Tesla Salesperson and Elon Musk himself. It's not right and they should make it right. But this is how capitalism works... rich liars prosper while working folks get screwed... or admonished for even daring to invest in nice things.

I'd rather they take the return.
Well, you certainly have the chutzpah, if not the writing skill, to give it a go!

Seriously, your best move is to calm down on publicly-accessible internet sites and contact a lemon law attorney if that's the route you want to pursue. You are actively harming your chances of achieving the solution you want by continuing to bloviate here.

Also, for those curious. I drive Uber at night because that's when I can make the best money... driving drunk folks home and parties and whatnot. It's surprisingly good money - I can't drink anyway. I just want my car to be right. I have been patient. I have done everything right. Why do I get screwed and laughed at? Why do I get the short end of the stick??

Because I trusted the claims and representations of a Tesla Salesperson and Elon Musk himself. It's not right and they should make it right. But this is how capitalism works... rich liars prosper while working folks get screwed... or admonished for even daring to invest in nice things.
No offense but all your barking accomplishes Nothing on a user forum. You honestly look rather silly unless that’s your goal. WE can’t help you. Let them fix the car We can’t. And just a User (Uber) feedback, Tesla M3 is NOT a luxury ride Nor experience! I would honestly be disappointed if a small sedan showed up at the Black rate. Think You assumed wrong! I prefer drunk puking in the back of a Cadillac Escalade

Reactions: whisperingshad

Yeah, without uber I wouldn't be able to go out at nights. Thanks for your service.

I think you might have over extended when you bought your tesla. My parents were going to buy one a couple of years ago., but ultimately thought it was too expensive. When tesla gets cheaper, I'll probably try to convince them to actually buy one again (basically for the safety and the ADAS).

I can afford one, but I like having no car payments. I'll wait for their cheaper models to come out or the used ones to get even cheaper I guess. I love my current car, but it doesn't have ADAS and I almost got into an accident which could have been prevented by forward sensing radar, etc... things like that are the only reason why I would upgrade.

I guess just be happy that you got a new car? I don't think that anyone is really out there to "screw you over". I personally think you miscalculated how much car u can afford and how much a drop in your car would affect you. People have made worse mistakes. I think someone killed himself because they bought to many TSLA shorts here. Be glad u arent that guy... and he was a doctor or something.

TheatricalOne,

your best bang for the buck would be to get on National News and create the craziest stunt you can imagine. Forums members can give you good suggestions to embarrass yourself.

But I totally agree, legally Tesla doesn't owe anyone a penny. They "should" consider 'something' for goodwill, even if it was a 50% discount to get HW4.0 retrofitted I would be happy.

Or don’t sell your car anytime soon and you don’t have to worry about. If you drive it to 100k miles or more and then sell / trade it these near term price fluctuations likely won’t matter to you.
My last car is 14 years old with 146k miles and counting although much slower now with the Model Y. Time will heal the pain and amortize the cost down but that $10k lost upfront is something that I won't ever recover. I don't really care about resale value but upfront cost and I don't see it as recoverable in any way shape or form.

I'll probably buy another car in the next 2 to 3 years since we're a two car household and that other car is on its last legs but doesn't feel like a Tesla right now. I'm expecting prices to recover to some degree by the time I'm ready to buy again and I don't want to go through this experience of getting immediately screwed on price by the manufacturer again.

Valid. I will be today. But I can't even get a formal response from Tesla. Everyone is just confused and has no idea what to do and no one can give me the phone number or put me in Touch with Tesla Corporate.

So I intend to be as loud as possible in every possible forum until they can pick up the phone and call me back. I have not stopped raging and I will not for years. Not so long as my money and my business is fubar'd by the richest man in the world as he laughs all the way to the bank.

They can give me a refund and they can be fine - I cannot keep this vehicle and be OK. If Tesla is in the business of destroying people, then they will have to contend with the collateral damage. I will live in their Showroom. I will talk to every owner about the blind spot on the front of the Model 3. I will tell each one about the ghosting and random accel and deceleration. I will tell them I don't trust the vehicle and they shouldn't trust these vehicles with their lives or the lives of their loved ones. Not at night. I will tell them Tesla is working on new hardware but isn't owning their mistakes publicly yet and they should wait until the cars are safe.

They won't prosper from selling unsafe lies and screwing over their loyal customers. They wont.

I'll repost what I posted earlier to another forum member since you seem motivated to do something:

Here's some options (USA Gov Car Complaints) for slighted consumers. There's multiple avenues you can explore here.

I'd also make sure to opt out of arbitration and consider writing your local congress person, who might not be an Elon fan or would want to score some political points. I'd also consider pushing Tesla directly on your situation since I don't think they're above giving you an individual deal with a NDA.

Please also let us know if any of this works unless they put you under an NDA and give you something. I know some Tesla corporate employees and they're all pretty smart and competent so I do believe they explored the legality of their actions and taken an aggressive stance on it.

Ultimately, I think the only way Tesla will change is to impact their bottom line so avoiding spending any more money with them is the only option.

Basically, I feel I was screwed by Tesla. I placed an order for a Tesla Y on June 2022. At the time of the order, the delivery date was Dec 22 - Mar 23. I patiently wait for the car to be delivered, watching interest rates going up. The last week of December, I received a text message that the car was ready for delivery on December and they offered me a $7,500 incentive to take delivery on December, so I decided to take advantage of that. On December 28, I paid the down payment, retained insurance and review and accepted the agreement on the up. My delivery was scheduled for the next day at 11:30am. I received a confirmation that everything was ready for delivery.

Suddenly, I received a text on the 28th that the car wasn't going to be available for delivery on the 29 and that the new delivery date was On January 6, 2023. I called 4 times to Tesla and they confirmed that the incentive was only available if I took delivery on December, even though it was Tesla who wasn't performing on the delivery. It was impossible to talk to a supervisor. After several calls, I did take delivery on January 6, without the $7.5K incentive. The, less than a week after taking delivery, Tesla drop the price 20%. My car was cheaper the week before or the week after. How this is possible!!!

Basically, I feel I was screwed by Tesla. I placed an order for a Tesla Y on June 2022. At the time of the order, the delivery date was Dec 22 - Mar 23. I patiently wait for the car to be delivered, watching interest rates going up. The last week of December, I received a text message that the car was ready for delivery on December and they offered me a $7,500 incentive to take delivery on December, so I decided to take advantage of that. On December 28, I paid the down payment, retained insurance and review and accepted the agreement on the up. My delivery was scheduled for the next day at 11:30am. I received a confirmation that everything was ready for delivery.

Suddenly, I received a text on the 28th that the car wasn't going to be available for delivery on the 29 and that the new delivery date was On January 6, 2023. I called 4 times to Tesla and they confirmed that the incentive was only available if I took delivery on December, even though it was Tesla who wasn't performing on the delivery. It was impossible to talk to a supervisor. After several calls, I did take delivery on January 6, without the $7.5K incentive. The, less than a week after taking delivery, Tesla drop the price 20%. My car was cheaper the week before or the week after. How this is possible!!!
That does suck but you agreed to take delivery of the car even after they removed the $7,500 credit. Why? No one forced you to purchase a car.

The option was ok this car is still worth spending all this money and taking delivery even after they promised me $7,500 in credits.

Tesla drops their price and now it’s their fault you purchased a car at the price you did ? I don’t get it.

Oof. That does suck. Sorry that happened.

I understand you were probably very excited to get the car and thought "prices are just back to normal now, and I just have to pay it," without any idea they'd reduce by $13,000-$20,500 another week later.

Your 'overextension' is my business model. I make 2.5x the average of most Uber drivers because I offer a free, premium service and folks tip accordingly. Free water. Snacks. A luxury ride. It matters to the material outcome of my work - it accounts for increased earnings having both an EV and a luxury EV that gives folks a premium experience.

That's how I paid off a 2015 Model S. But sure, talk about over extension like you know something. Here's the problem - if the car worked as advertised... I would be doing that. But without adaptive cruise control I am at a higher risk of tickets, the vehicle ride is less smooth, my foot cramps after hours and hours of driving and I *SHOULD NOT BE FORCED* into driving a car thar has chimes and emergency braking turned off so the car doesn't constantly ding or freak out because another car is merging on the highway.

Tesla told me this car was safe and could perform better than my Model S. It doesn't. Thjs should not be my problem. I was willing to entertain this nonsense when I believe Tesla could fix this and was going to take care of me... they exhausted all of that patience and understanding by NOT fixing my car and instead dropping its MSRP.

I am not the fool here. I did everything right! I put down 42k on a vehicle... on an investment I planned to WORK. It cannot work for me and they cannot fix it. And instead of fixing it, they just screwed me on the resell... and I shouldn't even be reselling a broken product anyway!

Great! I am glad you are not over extended. Then sell the car and buy something that works for you so you can continue to drive value from your business and make money for your family.

Reactions: advertisingfre
Status
Not open for further replies.