Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The unofficial "when do I get my FSD beta update" FAQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s 9/6/2022, do the pending safety score holders of 91+ getting let into the Beta this week or not until at least Saturday 9/10/2022?

It hasn’t been clear and I’ve been reading post after post.

Been enrolled since 6/2/2022 and holding this score with way over the 100 AP miles completed.

It’s 9/6/2022, do the pending safety score holders of 91+ getting let into the Beta this week or not until at least Saturday 9/10/2022?

It hasn’t been clear and I’ve been reading post after post.

Been enrolled since 6/2/2022 and holding this score with way over the 100 AP miles completed.
Right now only 10% or less of existing of existing beta testers have gotten the 10.69 update. Typically new participants based on SS are not added until the the beta is fully released to all existing beta users. Seems to me that will be version 10.69.2 and hopefully this weekend or next week. Good luck!

Reactions: VeeKay
Elon said needed more polish rolling out to the current FSD Beta pool later this week (I take that as this weekend or early next week likely). He has mentioned a few times on twitter that they would be expanding beta w this release but no one knows to how many or when. I would imagine they would send to 100k testers and make sure no large issues before a push to more people. TLDR: New beta testers likely at least 1-2 weeks away if at all.

Been a very frustrating process for sure. I’ve been at 100 since July 4th.

Wish I didn’t hit the Opt-in back then. Should have just waited and enjoyed my new car. Instead, it’s frustrating dealing with phantom forward collision warnings, suicidal bicyclists jumping in front of the car forcing hard breaking, etc. LOL

WORST $12k, maybe even worst $94k I have ever spent. My wife at this point hates the car, refuses to drive it due to the pressure I put us under to keep the Safety Score so I can get into the FSD Beta I purchased the car for.

Latest anger moment was the Valet apparently slamming on the breaks.

Great!

Attachments

• 52CD448A-4ADC-47A9-92E1-50CA6542C974.jpeg
    52CD448A-4ADC-47A9-92E1-50CA6542C974.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 95
@Jagownernomore
It's probably best to relax and just enjoy the car at this point (and keep the safety score for stats/reference). I am happy to be wrong, but safety scores at this stage don't matter as they are just not adding folks to the beta.

They will do a wider release at some point and when they do, I don't think safety scores will matter as much as long as you are above say 85 (guesstimating here).

Not a lot of folks have got in this year, I opted in back in March with a 2020 Model S (considered legacy w/vertical screen instead of horizontal). I spent about a month trying to maintain high scores. Then I decided to just enjoy the car when I found that getting into the beta was unlikely due to the high number of vehicles already opted in.

I kept the safety score more as a reference and stats, b/c it's interesting to have that info (I am kind of a geek with stats).

For me, I didn't let the fact that I and many others were just too late to participate in the beta bother me anymore b/c it's not something I have the power to change.

Reactions: Jagownernomore

Wish I didn’t hit the Opt-in back then. Should have just waited and enjoyed my new car. Instead, it’s frustrating dealing with phantom forward collision warnings, suicidal bicyclists jumping in front of the car forcing hard breaking, etc. LOL

WORST $12k, maybe even worst $94k I have ever spent. My wife at this point hates the car, refuses to drive it due to the pressure I put us under to keep the Safety Score so I can get into the FSD Beta I purchased the car for.

Great!
If you're frustrated now waiting to get in the beta, just wait until you actually do get in and quickly realize you put in all that effort for a terrible half-baked product. I got in last Oct and beyond a few days of testing whenever a new version comes out, I rarely use it anymore.

Reactions: DanCar

Great!
You know you can just opt out, drive a few miles, then opt back into beta and it resets your score. This way you can drive it like you stole it for a while and when you get wind another expansion may happen you reset and be good.

Reactions: Jagownernomore
I’m sure this has been discussed elsewhere but it seems that the qualification process for the beta wasn’t thought out beyond supporting a small pool of initial testers. For such a large pool of over 100k users and who knows how many on the wait list the better approach would have been to activate the safety rating system only once that user was queued up to be included in the next batch of testers, perhaps a week or two in advance. This would avoid situations where customers who had spent over 10k to purchase FSD would have to drive like morons and learning to play Tesla’s in vehicle safety score game for months on end without any idea of when the end was in sight. It would also benefit Tesla by mitigating whatever wasted resources it has to expend to field inquiries as to why FSD still isn’t active. Or something similar…

Tesla is so focused on selling cars, whether to make $$$ or save the planet or whatever justification, that they have completely forgotten the customer experience when a customer has to interface with the company for a service. They’re running fast and it’s clearly their lowest priority. It was truly transformative to the customer to order a car online without haggling but that was years ago and the customer experience, either with FSD or with auto service, has only gone downhill since then.

Reactions: bizi and KArnold
A part of me has to think that an expansion of the FSD Beta pool must be coming relatively soon (after 10.69.2 is shown to be reasonably safe and reliable). With the big price bump for FSD, it seems like there will need to be a path to actually getting to use the FSD software for those who just paid $15k for it... Maybe I'm too optimistic?

I've maintained a 98+ safety score for the past 3 months, which I actually find to be fairly easy where I live (not all that much traffic where I'm at, and I use AutoPilot all the time). I'm definitely interested in joining the FSD Beta pool and trying out 10.69.2. In my town, the lanes are well marked and traffic is not that heavy, so I feel like FSD Beta will work pretty well here.

Reactions: jiehan
A part of me has to think that an expansion of the FSD Beta pool must be coming relatively soon (after 10.69.2 is shown to be reasonably safe and reliable). With the big price bump for FSD, it seems like there will need to be a path to actually getting to use the FSD software for those who just paid $15k for it... Maybe I'm too optimistic?

I've maintained a 98+ safety score for the past 3 months, which I actually find to be fairly easy where I live (not all that much traffic where I'm at, and I use AutoPilot all the time). I'm definitely interested in joining the FSD Beta pool and trying out 10.69.2. In my town, the lanes are well marked and traffic is not that heavy, so I feel like FSD Beta will work pretty well here.
You just missed the intake by a few weeks. The last intake was late May, early June. Previous to that was Nov/Dec of 2021. If the pattern holds, it's about 6 months between intakes, so hopefully the next one will be Nov/Dec.

Reactions: Rikster
My hypothesis is there will be no more significant numbers added to the beta tester pool. Assuming Tesla is serious about releasing FSD beta to all FSD licensees by the end of the year, there's probably no need to keep adding new testers. 100K cars should be providing enough data to get to a wide release.

I have no inside info. Just my gut feeling.

Reactions: Rikster
My hypothesis is there will be no more significant numbers added to the beta tester pool. Assuming Tesla is serious about releasing FSD beta to all FSD licensees by the end of the year, there's probably no need to keep adding new testers. 100K cars should be providing enough data to get to a wide release.

You make a good point. Why bother adding more beta testers if we are only a couple of months away from release to all FSD cars? Of course, there's a pretty good chance the goal to have it in widespread release by the end of the year is hopelessly optimistic, and it will be tough to convince new buyers to shell out $15k if they know they won't actually get any FSD features (even the Beta ones) for a long time.

I know many people have waited a lot longer than I have to get into the FSD Beta program, and for many it's a real pain trying to keep their score up. I've heard lots of people on this forum also say that getting FSD Beta is not really that great, and judging by how annoyed I get by Navigate on Autopilot, they are probably right...

But from June 2021 to December 2021 it was pretty continuous, right?
Yep, I picked up my car on March 2nd, but didn't even bother trying to get FSD Beta for a few months (I was enjoying driving the car hard without constantly worrying about never touching the brakes, cornering quickly, etc.). By the time I did start the FSD Beta Safety Score, I had missed the last wave... Oh well!

I have no problem with that.

But if so they should make that clear to potential testers who signed up and in good conscience are trying to fulfill, or already have many times over, the requirements that Tesla set forth.