Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There Must Be Some Misunderstanding: Faulty Promotion Codes, Cancelled Orders and Paypal Claims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW. i got a code too. thought it was weird that i got another one. ordered on the 29th. shows cancelled.
So this sounds like it's an honest mistake.

OP, was this an additional code you got outside from your original code you received from your vehicle order?
This situation sounds like its an honest mistake from both parties.

If this was a duplicate code OP received and he ordered it, it would've cancelled.
Sounds like both parties were looking to benefit and Elon came in with the ban hammer.

In my opinion, OP should return $ to buyer and buyer should lift claim.

No harm no foul, just someone at Tesla getting fired.

FWIW. i got a code too. thought it was weird that i got another one. ordered on the 29th. shows cancelled.
So this sounds like it's an honest mistake.

OP, was this an additional code you got outside from your original code you received from your vehicle order?
This situation sounds like its an honest mistake from both parties.

If this was a duplicate code OP received and he ordered it, it would've cancelled.
Sounds like both parties were looking to benefit and Elon came in with the ban hammer.

In my opinion, OP should return $ to buyer and buyer should lift claim.

No harm no foul, just someone at Tesla getting fired.

In the thread linked to, the OP of the thread posted on sunday, essentially "i got an extra code, this happen to anyone else?"

This OPs for sale thread was created on sunday... so yeah circumstantial information and all that but it sure looks like this OP got an additional code, sold it, and then tesla canceled it, so the person they sold it to contacted paypal.

In the thread linked to, the OP of the thread posted on sunday, essentially "i got an extra code, this happen to anyone else?"

This OPs for sale thread was created on sunday... so yeah circumstantial information and all that but it sure looks like this OP got an additional code, sold it, and then tesla canceled it, so the person they sold it to contacted paypal.
I'd have to agree. Just return the $ and buyer lift claim. done and dusted. No one loses anything except time. Which unfortunately is the most expensive thing ever. lol

If sellers code was a dupe, cancelled by Tesla, and therefore buyer of code could not use it, why didn't these two folks work out the issue? Refund for dupe code and no one loses a penny.

Seems it could have been easy peasy and no public display needed.

If sellers code was a dupe, cancelled by Tesla, and therefore buyer of code could not use it, why didn't these two folks work out the issue? Refund for dupe code and no one loses a penny.

Seems it could have been easy peasy and no public display needed.

You would have to ask the OP why they did this attempt at public shaming, especially with what the circumstantial stuff looks like now.

I don’t even care about the $$$. He can keep it.

Can we please delete this thread??
Moderators dont normally delete threads with this much activity, but with that being said I am not a mod for this subforum. I did report the thread and suggest a mod for this subforum evaluate the current thread title, but any decision on that is up to mods that moderate this subforum. You can report the thread yourself so that a mod for this subforum sees your input for any decision they may be contemplating.

I will repeat again that while I am a mod here at TMC, the mod duties are broken up due to the size of the site, and I have no mod powers at all in this subforum. I am just a regular member in this subforum like everyone else.

• Informative
Reactions: Krash and byeLT4
I don’t even care about the $$$. He can keep it…
I think it is important that they NOT keep the money. I sent you a PM about other aspects of this thread.

Changed the title from “Fraud Alert: This guy bought my promotion code, used it and cancel the order then filing a paypal claim.....”

Bonus points to those who get the genesis of the title change.

• Funny
Reactions: mintytoo
IMG_2515.png