Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you may not have discovered about your Model S?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"These go to ELEVEN!"

I laughed when I realized this. Someone at Tesla software engineering has a sense of humor.

Try your HVAC fan. I believe it goes to eleven as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking of attaching a spare fob battery somewhere to the outside of the car with some sort of tape.

I put a spare in an envelope in the glove box. You can always unlock the car via the mobile app.

Original firmware only went to 8 for HVAC, IIRC.

Mine goes to 8 when I have it in Range Mode but (I believe) to 11 when not in Range Mode. (I get throttling the compressor in Range Mode, but I wish they'd still let the fan go up to full).

- - - Updated - - -

Can't use the app while you're in Canada.

Interestingly, us Canadians can use the app (and the 3G works) in the US!

Last week I noticed that when I had pre-cooled the car, when I went out to open the door handle, there was cold air blowing onto the handle at the driver and passenger front door handles... Not sure if it was intentional or by design, but much appreciated to have a (somewhat) cool handle.

Last week I noticed that when I had pre-cooled the car, when I went out to open the door handle, there was cold air blowing onto the handle at the driver and passenger front door handles... Not sure if it was intentional or by design, but much appreciated to have a (somewhat) cool handle.

You mean on the exterior correct? If so, that's great, I live in Vegas and these past few weeks it gets up to 120+ degrees when you get in the car. A cold door handle would be very welcome.
photo.jpg

ASSIST

Keeping an eye on you: Early warning for driver drowsiness.

Even in the most exciting vehicle, a long journey can bring about driver fatigue. An industry first, ATTENTION ASSIST takes note of over 70 parameters in the first minutes of a drive to get to know your unique driving style. As your journey continues, it can detect certain steering corrections that suggest the onset of drowsiness. It then considers a wide array of other factors, from crosswinds and road smoothness to how often you're interacting with the vehicle's controls and switches. If it all adds up to driver fatigue, ATTENTION ASSIST sounds an alert encouraging you to stop for a rest. (Disclaimer)

Driving while drowsy or distracted is dangerous and must be avoided. ATTENTION ASSIST and/or Lane Keeping Assist may be insufficient to alert a fatigued or distracted driver of lane drift and cannot be relied on to avoid an accident or serious injury.

Available for
CLA
2014-CLA-CLASS-CLA2550-COUPE-CGT.png

C
2012-C-Class-C350-Sedan-CGT.png

E
2014-E-CLASS-E350-SEDAN-CGT.png

SLK
2012 SLK Class SLK350 Roadster

CLS
2012 CLS550 Coupe

GLK