Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you may not have discovered about your Model S?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, I did not realize people were not aware of this. I was briefed on that during delivery by the DS. He said this was to ensure that there was access to the 12V battery if the main battery is discharged.

The main battery does not control the doors. If the 12v was dead, you could surely pop the frunk via this mechanism, but you wouldn't be able to get inside of the car in the first place. :confused:

The main battery does not control the doors. If the 12v was dead, you could surely pop the frunk via this mechanism, but you wouldn't be able to get inside of the car in the first place. :confused:
Probably referring to the actual replacement of the battery in case it dies. To get into the car with it dead, you can apply 12V to the terminals behind the nose cone. From there you manually open the frunk using the latch and replace the battery.

If I recall correctly it was maybe due to needing access to cut the wires to airbags or some other such thing near the emergency responder sticker? The detail was lost after I accelerated away :)

Probably referring to the actual replacement of the battery in case it dies. To get into the car with it dead, you can apply 12V to the terminals behind the nose cone. From there you manually open the frunk using the latch and replace the battery.

Makes sense, but if you jump the 12v to unlock the doors, couldn't you then just unlatch the frunk in the normal way too?

Found this one today -

When selecting sunroof via steering wheel scroll wheel, normally you can scroll up or down to select any % opening. But did you know a single click selects vent (12%), and a second click closes. Also, after scrolling to any other % opening (20%-100%), another click closes roof (ie you don't have to scroll back to 0% in order to close roof)

With 5.8:

1. Enable Energy Saver (Controls/Display)
2. Voice command "Play Born in the USA"
3. Tap one of the Bruce entries of "Born in the U.S.A." in the list on the 17"
4. Play for as long as you'd like (across multiple songs if desired)
5. Pause (press left scroll wheel on steering wheel)
6. Leave the vehicle
7. Come back an hour or more later
8. Enter vehicle
9. Play (press left scroll wheel on steering wheel)
10. Next (press button above left scroll wheel on steering wheel)

"Every day your car wakes up to one of its favorite songs" brought to you by "<Your song> Radio" (Slacker) and "Energy Saver" behavior (Tesla).

"Every day your car wakes up to one of its favorite songs" brought to you by "<Your song> Radio" (Slacker) and "Energy Saver" behavior (Tesla).

Pretty sure it would work that way with 4.5 as well. After returning to the car, it would always start out with the "title song". If you listen to the one that is paused, the next in line will be that "title song" again. I don't think this is new.

Pretty sure it would work that way with 4.5 as well. After returning to the car, it would always start out with the "title song". If you listen to the one that is paused, the next in line will be that "title song" again. I don't think this is new.
I didn't experience this behavior without Sleep (old) or Energy Saver (new).

I didn't experience this behavior without Sleep (old) or Energy Saver (new).

One of the things I've learned about Slacker is that is seems to be heavily dependent on the song you pick. FlasherZ says it has to do with their licensing deals. Some of my stations will play the "title song" first time, every time. Others maybe once a day and some will never play the "title song" first, although it may show up in the rotation. I even know of one song that will show up in the rotation of one of my stations, but you cannot search for and play it directly no matter how hard you try.

One of the things I've learned about Slacker is that is seems to be heavily dependent on the song you pick. FlasherZ says it has to do with their licensing deals. Some of my stations will play the "title song" first time, every time. Others maybe once a day and some will never play the "title song" first, although it may show up in the rotation. I even know of one song that will show up in the rotation of one of my stations, but you cannot search for and play it directly no matter how hard you try.

All of the above has been my experience as well.

Are the bits in quotes significant? Is this an easter egg of sorts, specifically associated with "Born in the USA"?

I'm pretty sure I've had other times where I've come to the car after being away and the next song will be the originally requested song. I've actually found it annoying at times, if I'm making multiple stops.

FYI, I was under the impression that you could not use custom playlists or stations with Slacker. However, after upgrading to the Premium plan and configuring my playlists and stations offline, they all appear in the Tesla and work properly!

I had heard that from someone else as well. I really want that, but figure I'll milk the free Tesla account until they take it away, then sign up for this. As brandonmbeard mentions, the Tesla account is akin to the "Plus" plan.

I think we're talking about two different things at this point.

My point was that the "rotation" of a "<song name> Radio" seems to get reliably reset when Energy Saver (or old Sleep) engages.

When playing such "stations" normally, I do hear the original song occasionally but it's 100% reliable that it plays it immediately after returning from Energy Saver (and clicking Next if you had it paused).

I've discovered that stretching a fairly short bungee strap from the two rear-seat (really rear - the kid seat) anchors that are hidden under the carpeting in the back of the larger of the rear seats (ie, the middle seat!!!) creates an effective "clothes bar" from which to hang clothes - drape them forward; works quite well. Apologies for the clumsy description!

I think we're talking about two different things at this point.

My point was that the "rotation" of a "<song name> Radio" seems to get reliably reset when Energy Saver (or old Sleep) engages.

When playing such "stations" normally, I do hear the original song occasionally but it's 100% reliable that it plays it immediately after returning from Energy Saver (and clicking Next if you had it paused).

It always did that in 4.5 for me.

Since getting my car last March, most of my stations will immediately play the "title" song any time the car has been shut off and turned on again. Have not needed sleep Mode to accomplish that.

I did note that some stations would rarely play the "title" song first under those conditions, so maybe it will now under the Energy Saver scenario you describe. I'll keep an eye out.