Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you may not have discovered about your Model S?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No confirmation is ever necessary on the display, even when using the double-park option. The only time you would need to select something on the display is if you wanted to change from forward to reverse summon (or vice-versa). Otherwise, get out, close the door, and the car goes.

Thanks. I can imagine how someone not intending to activate summon bring up the screen when double-pressing park (accidentally when distracted and wanted to make sure the car is in park, or to demo the screen) and then not paying attention.

Thanks. I can imagine how someone not intending to activate summon bring up the screen when double-pressing park (accidentally when distracted and wanted to make sure the car is in park, or to demo the screen) and then not paying attention.
Once summon is enabled, chimes will be going off in the interior and hazards will be flashing. It's pretty hard to miss the fact that summon is pending.

Where on Earth did you find that?!

Our garage. :) Designed it, made it on our 3D printer, then iterated several times. My son and I offered it for sale here on the TMC forums, but only sold 2 in 2 years. Besides, the standardization of parking sensors essentially put us out of business on this item (which is OK since we would rather keep focusing on making and selling the UMC bracket).

Thanks for asking!

Our garage. :) Designed it, made it on our 3D printer, then iterated several times. My son and I offered it for sale here on the TMC forums, but only sold 2 in 2 years. Besides, the standardization of parking sensors essentially put us out of business on this item (which is OK since we would rather keep focusing on making and selling the UMC bracket).

Thanks for asking!

UMC bracket?

Things you may not have discovered about your Model S!

(Thanks for additions and suggestions... I've reformatted the original version of this and added submissions from others. Will try to maintain it if other suggestions/corrections come in.)

Tips and Tricks You May Not Have Discovered About Your Model S

Please update this valuable list to January 2017 standards as many things have changed and still there are some Tips and Tricks needed.
Thanks, Triggers rider

• You can open the charge port door by simply pressing it in the front-bottom corner.
  • You can remove the charger by holding the button on the charger until the ring illuminates white.
  • When closing the frunk, always use the two-palm method, spaced about 8 inches off-center each.
  • While driving, you can tell when your brake lights are on (e.g. during regenerative braking) by checking if the brake bar in the center console image is illuminated.
  • You can adjust the nav volume by rolling the volume wheel while nav is "talking".
  • Model S now includes rear cupholders. Simply press the area below the USB chargers in the rear of the center console.

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
  • You can open the charge port door by simply pressing it in the front-bottom corner.
  • You can remove the charger by holding the button on the charger until the ring illuminates white.
  • When closing the frunk, always use the two-palm method, spaced about 8 inches off-center each.
  • While driving, you can tell when your brake lights are on (e.g. during regenerative braking) by checking if the brake bar in the center console image is illuminated.
  • You can adjust the nav volume by rolling the volume wheel while nav is "talking".
  • Model S now includes rear cupholders. Simply press the area below the USB chargers in the rear of the center console.

Wow, the USB chargers & cupholders add-on are awesome, didn't know.

All windows down was a feature I had in my P85 and I miss it when it was removed. I asked that they add the option as a setting that can be disabled by default but can be made enabled in the cars preferance settings! Enable it during the summer, disable in in the fall!