Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you may not have discovered about your Model S?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just discovered a new hidden feature:

If you slide either of the driver's side A/C vents ALL the way to the left, then a secondary flap comes down (it's not very visible, as it's behind the vent's directional grills) and closes the vent completely. Ditto for the passenger side, but you have to slide them all the way to the right on that side, instead of to the left.

You can also confirm/test this by turning the fan way up, then listening to how the fan noise changes suddenly (and the other vents blow harder suddenly) when you hit the "full stop" close position.

If you slide either of the driver's side A/C vents ALL the way to the left, then a secondary flap comes down (it's not very visible, as it's behind the vent's directional grills) and closes the vent completely. Ditto for the passenger side, but you have to slide them all the way to the right on that side, instead of to the left.

You can also confirm/test this by turning the fan way up, then listening to how the fan noise changes suddenly (and the other vents blow harder suddenly) when you hit the "full stop" close position.

Very cool, thanks for letting us know.

Rear seat vent is like the passenger side, closes when all the way to the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

If you rapid fire the windows down in quick succession from the drivers control switches you can overwhelm the controller and the windows will stop partially down. It takes a few moments for the controller to reset and start accept commands before the windows will respond again.

Repeatable in my Sig P...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tis may be documented somewhere, but I havent seen it.

You can toggle passenger and driver temperature sync when the "settings" menu is being displayed. Tap on the up temperature arrow and you can select or deselect the syncing of temperature.

I had seen this option but couldn't figure out how to get it consistently until today.

Tis may be documented somewhere, but I havent seen it.

You can toggle passenger and driver temperature sync when the "settings" menu is being displayed. Tap on the up temperature arrow and you can select or deselect the syncing of temperature.

I had seen this option but couldn't figure out how to get it consistently until today.

As long as the rear-view camera isn't on the bottom half of the screen, the pop-ups (temp, volume) will show....

While trying to find my Tesla brochures in the trunk, I discovered that the 2 side pockets in the trunk are open on the bottom. The brochures were not lost but slid under the opening. The good thing is it provides some extra width in the footwell for long objects.

I got a loaner car today with the rear-facing seats. The foot well cover is much more substantial than the flimsy cardboard one that came with my car six months ago. That would be a nice upgrade to offer early adopters later on; it's certainly more functional than the upgraded floor mats going out now.

I got a loaner car today with the rear-facing seats. The foot well cover is much more substantial than the flimsy cardboard one that came with my car six months ago. That would be a nice upgrade to offer early adopters later on; it's certainly more functional than the upgraded floor mats going out now.
Ask your service center. No cost upgrade, just like the floor mats and the rear emblems. You just have to ask, and contend with availability.

Yes I tried (and so have several others). There is no RFID sensor - neither in the passenger windshield nor the cup holder.
If the battery is dead the key fob definitely doesn't work in any way.
I'm thinking of attaching a spare fob battery somewhere to the outside of the car with some sort of tape.

The new manual says the interior sensor is actually located close to the USB ports below and if the cup holder doesn't work then to try your key there.

Also for others saying to put spare battery in glove box and use mobile app to unlock, in many garages I park in, the 3G signal is too weak to allow this.

Ask your service center. No cost upgrade, just like the floor mats and the rear emblems. You just have to ask, and contend with availability.

+1. I didn't get the footwell cover area when my car was delivered in Jan. I went in and they had a lot (at the time) at the Rockville, MD service center. It is a pretty substantial piece and is well constructed. Just go in to your SC and ask for a swap.

Discovered something nice today. I set my charge limit at home to the lowest at maybe 50%? Came to work, plugged it in and walked away. Checked the Tesla app and saw it was only going to charge it half way (since it said it was going to be done in 2hrs). So I set the app to MAX RANGE and then back to STANDARD and it reset the limit back to 90%. Now its back to 6hrs 30mins. Awesome! Good to know for those who want to reset their limits remotely.

Discovered something nice today. I set my charge limit at home to the lowest at maybe 50%? Came to work, plugged it in and walked away. Checked the Tesla app and saw it was only going to charge it half way (since it said it was going to be done in 2hrs).

Technically, it's not supposed to do that. It's supposed to remember the charge parameters (amps, timer and, I thought, charge percentage) by location.