Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This horse is dead, but.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree/ Would add to the list better interior lighting. I changed for Abstract Ocean to have some form of light inside. The lights on the steering wheel are pathetic though. Might as well not put them on at all.

I hear ya. I’m not sure why they do this. Strategic model positioning is the only thing that comes to mind. Quite frankly it was one of the (smaller) reasons we ordered a 2020 Eplus SL Leaf. It wasn’t or wouldn’t be a showstopper though. Hope the model Y has one.

Maybe we can hope for a retrofit if there is one on the Y. Would be awesome! How do we encourage Elon?

Maybe we can hope for a retrofit if there is one on the Y. Would be awesome! How do we encourage Elon?

Not sure. When we were still deciding between the Leaf Eplus and the model 3 we were concerned about the lack of a Chademo converter for the model 3. It wasn’t a deal breaker for us but we felt it was important given the abundance of Chademo where we live and limited Tesla Superchargers. We wrote polite emails and even opened a twitter account to encourage Tesla to make it happen. I’m sure our contribution had little effect but I’m glad to see it is now available even though we chose the 2020 Leaf Eplus. Now that the model Y may be in our future we’ll probably do the same thing and send off some polite emails and teeets. Here’s hoping. :).

• Informative
Reactions: Shiraz8484
Compared to normal cars, the 3 does have the ability to point the heat coming from the vents directly to your hands :D

I think it’s better than most cars but certainly our present car has pointable vents. It would still take longer than 3 minutes which is how long a heated steering wheel.

I would not NOT buy a Tesla model 3 just because it didn’t have a heated steering wheel. It is a fantastic car. But it is another detail where it is lacking in comparison to some of its competition.

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT
My last car was a Range Rover Evoque. Size wise it was great and super functional but it had the worst turbo lag of any car I have ever been in. Rock solid on the highway but in the city you would press the accelerator and no joke, count 1,2,3 before you could move. (It was turbo lag combined with a horrible transmission programmed for fuel economy with terrible shift points).
Anyways, it had a heated steering wheel and an actual heated front windshield. Far and away my 2 favourite features in the winter.

H7d44cb65be9e423e94e0ae3a1b58a0bfa.jpg

I want to see you with THIS one on your car first! Pictures are necessary.

Seriously, no heated steering wheel? Another oversight by a California company. Musk should remember what it was like when he grew up in Canada. Perhaps it's time for him to spend some time north of the border (between December and March).

It took a couple of years before the S and X got heated steering wheels. I believe this is due to getting early production up to speed rather than a design oversight. (Note: Every S and X made could be upgraded to heated steering wheels as a retrofit, last price I saw was $150).

It took a couple of years before the S and X got heated steering wheels. I believe this is due to getting early production up to speed rather than a design oversight. (Note: Every S and X made could be upgraded to heated steering wheels as a retrofit, last price I saw was $150).
You are giving me hope....don't give me hope :oops:

I'd pay 150 in a heartbeat for a heated steering wheel, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.