Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Is The Model 3 Pre-Order Gift

Was this the pre-order gift you expected?

• Yes

Votes: 181 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 87 32.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My mother put her order online two weeks after the reveal and today she received the same gift.

I place my order online on the reveal night a few minutes before the online orders open and I haven't recieved anything. We live on the same zip code in South Carolina. I don't get it

• Informative
Reactions: SΞXY P100D
My husband got this in the mail yesterday as well. Reserved on April 2. Nice to receive, but didn't expect it because had read in this forum a few weeks ago that this item was assumed to be the appreciation gift Musk alluded to for people who were in line on reveal day. It's fine for him to change his mind and send to all reservation holders but, from a customer service perspective, if he "promised" something specifically to those first day in line people he should keep his word...maybe when their cars are delivered they will get a t-shirt or other token.
I agree. Congratulations.

My husband got this in the mail yesterday as well. Reserved on April 2. Nice to receive, but didn't expect it because had read in this forum a few weeks ago that this item was assumed to be the appreciation gift Musk alluded to for people who were in line on reveal day. It's fine for him to change his mind and send to all reservation holders but, from a customer service perspective, if he "promised" something specifically to those first day in line people he should keep his word...maybe when their cars are delivered they will get a t-shirt or other token.
His exact quotes were:

"Token of appreciation for those who lined up coming via mail. Thought maybe 20-30 people per store would line up, not 800. Gifts on order."

"we will send something to everyone who ordered, but an extra gift for those who stood in some crazy long lines"

This is obviously the gift for everyone who ordered

I was surprised to see that my wife received the gift print today.

She placed the deposit on May 10 and I thought it was just going to be for those who ordered sight-unseen.

Thanks Tesla!
Where were you guys a few days ago when I was getting blasted by a person that really loves Elon?

I tried a post mentioning the lack of Confidence that Elon is going to come thorough on time with the M3.

His exact quotes were:

"Token of appreciation for those who lined up coming via mail. Thought maybe 20-30 people per store would line up, not 800. Gifts on order."

"we will send something to everyone who ordered, but an extra gift for those who stood in some crazy long lines"

This is obviously the gift for everyone who ordered

Thank you for concisely putting this to rest, and for driving a stake in the heart of the FUD. I hope everyone reads your post above. Twice.

and don't forget this
Elon Musk on Twitter

4GvL5eQ.png

Ordered on-line and just received in the mail yesterday with minimal curvage from the post office. Luckily I have a very wide mailbox. Funny thing is we came in late last night and a little pest flew in to the house. I hadn't looked to see what was in the mail and quickly grabbed the first thing I could and swatted that thing down!!! Then I see it's my Tesla envelope:eek: and I'm like shiat!!! What the fudge@!#)! Luckily the only thing that got injured was the bug I squished.

I showed the Mrs. look what I got and am all :D smiles, all she could say was "what is that" after I explained she shrugged it off and said glad it makes you happy:(:oops::rolleyes:

Ordered on-line and just received in the mail yesterday with minimal curvage from the post office. Luckily I have a very wide mailbox. Funny thing is we came in late last night and a little pest flew in to the house. I hadn't looked to see what was in the mail and quickly grabbed the first thing I could and swatted that thing down!!! Then I see it's my Tesla envelope:eek: and I'm like shiat!!! What the fudge@!#)! Luckily the only thing that got injured was the bug I squished.

I showed the Mrs. look what I got and am all :D smiles, all she could say was "what is that" after I explained she shrugged it off and said glad it makes you happy:(:oops::rolleyes:
Lucky!

She probably would've been more pleased if you showed her the squished bug LOL. :D

Reactions: omarti
The address is correct under my tesla page. Is that the same one they use?

I wouldn't get to wrapped up in it at this point. I reserved on the 31st and I'm still waiting too, as are a lot of others that have commented.

It looks like they are sending them out in waves, one about a month ago and another one just now. If this is really for everyone that pre-ordered then that makes sense, since there are probably very few fulfillment companies that could handle several hundred thousand mailings at one time. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a couple more months to get them all out. If a couple of months goes by with no new deliveries and you still haven't received one, then I'd think about contacting them.

I don't know anymore...I'm so confused about the whole thing...I believe we probably won't get anything.

Time will tell but I think it would be classy to send everyone the sketch then send those who waited in line or X number of initial reservations a small model of the 3. They may have been waiting until the design is final to produce all those scale models. Time will tell...

Reactions: SΞXY P100D