Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Is The Model 3 Pre-Order Gift

Was this the pre-order gift you expected?

• Yes

Votes: 181 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 87 32.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time will tell but I think it would be classy to send everyone the sketch then send those who waited in line or X number of initial reservations a small model of the 3. They may have been waiting until the design is final to produce all those scale models. Time will tell...
Now that's a great perspective. I didn't think about that - "Wait until pencils were down to send a small scale model". That would be great.

I think the people who waited in line will be getting a scale model 3. But, we won't receive them until after the second unveil. Plus, when you consider pencils were put down 2 weeks ago, it's going to take some time for the scale model 3s to be made.

interesting theory, my bro-in-law got his, ordered online a few days afterwards, but we haven't gotten ours yet, and we were in line on the day of the reveal.

I was a bit disappointed that I didn't any gift after seeing this thread. But then again, I didn't fall in line the day of and didn't make the reservation until April so I accepted the fact that I'm not getting one. But guess what came in the mail two days ago... wooot woot... I did the chicken dance (from "ED TV" the movie) :D i'm a happy camper!

IMG_4268.JPG

If the 2nd reveal will take place around the November/December timeframe, it would be so cool if they shipped the scale model 3s in a holiday themed box right before Christmas. I'm dreaming at this point, but that would be so cool! Maybe it could have a card saying, "next year you won't be able to fit it under the tree" or some clever thing like that.

If the 2nd reveal will take place around the November/December timeframe, it would be so cool if they shipped the scale model 3s in a holiday themed box right before Christmas. I'm dreaming at this point, but that would be so cool! Maybe it could have a card saying, "next year you won't be able to fit it under the tree" or some clever thing like that.

That would be awesome, I guess we can dream...

• Funny
Reactions: EVie'sDad
Got mine in yesterdays mail. I sure didn't expect it as I reserved on 4/5. I really wanted to reserve on 3/31, but it took me a few days longer than I expected to present the idea to my wife for approval. {No, I don't HAVE to have her approval, but it keeps her happy to be in the decision making loop.}

As for the gift, I know it didn't cost a whole lot to do these and send them out and I didn't expect to get one since I wasn't near the head of the theoretical line, but I was amazed at how much it meant to me to receive it. :D

Reactions: linkster and omarti
Received my photo in the mail today. I did not stand in line but I did order on-line PRIOR to the reveal. I like the front end on the sketch in the very center of the photo. The crease under the headlights lines up with the top of the duck bill and results in a much more cohesive design for the front.