Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Is The Model 3 Pre-Order Gift

Was this the pre-order gift you expected?

• Yes

Votes: 181 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 87 32.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally framed my Model S and Model X artwork today. Still waiting for Elon to sign my Model 3 print ... :cool:

IMG_5127.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: TaoJones
No. Ordered April 1st.
Sooooo..... If you received one and I received one. If I waited out in the rain and you waited till the next day. Then it would stand to reason that the gift for the "line waiters" hasn't arrived.

I'm not one of those people that expect to receive anything for anything. I give you my money, you give me a car. That's my expectation...however - The CEO did in fact make a claim that line waiters would be exclusively appreciated. He made this statement without the prompting of anyone, however it hasn't happened.

Do I care? No. Absolutely not.

It does however lend itself to the character of the company/owner. Now...does a multi billionaire care what I think? I would think not. And it does not bother me that he wouldn't care. It's just what it is........

the CEO did in fact make a claim that line waiters would be exclusively appreciated. He made this statement without the prompting of anyone, however it hasn't happened.

... It does however lend itself to the character of the company/owner.

He didn't say 'exclusively'. The fact you threw that word in there & then maligned him as a result also speaks to character.

Last edited:
Reactions: Model 3 and dss33
He didn't say 'exclusively'. The fact you threw that word in there & then maligned him as a result also speaks to character.

For the record....here is his tweet: It clearly says. "For those who lined up"

Elon Musk on Twitter

That's exclusively for those who lined up at the store. Not those who ordered online. Not for those who came in the store the day after. Only for those who lined up. Forgive me if using the word exclusively is problematic for you.

Bonnie, There is a HUGE thread here speaking to this. Lots of people understood it being for those who "waited in line".

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

Absolutely - he said it. Its ok though. I didn't malign him. I respect him. However I will call him on it. Is that wrong?

All I said was. He made the statement and hasn't come through. I'll let you come up with a word for this kind of thing. What would you call it?

I absolutely respect Elon. He's fantastic. He is an absolute genius. I don't know why people don't understand that you can truly admire someone yet call them to the carpet. I respect people that I hang out with calling me to the carpet when I'm wrong. That means that they are helping me...not hurting me. Most people want folks to be either lovers or haters....I'm neither. I am amazed by his work eithic and brain that has come up with all of this, however he made a promise that he hasn't come through with. Its ok. Its not about the gift. Its about the promise. I'm going to get my M3 whether I receive a gift or not. I'm happy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TaoJones
For the record....here is his tweet: It clearly says. "For those who lined up"

Elon Musk on Twitter

That's exclusively for those who lined up at the store. Not those who ordered online. Not for those who came in the store the day after. Only for those who lined up. Forgive me if using the word exclusively is problematic for you.

Bonnie, There is a HUGE thread here speaking to this. Lots of people understood it being for those who "waited in line".

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

Absolutely - he said it. Its ok though. I didn't malign him. I respect him. However I will call him on it. Is that wrong?

All I said was. He made the statement and hasn't come through. I'll let you come up with a word for this kind of thing. What would you call it?

I absolutely respect Elon. He's fantastic. He is an absolute genius. I don't know why people don't understand that you can truly admire someone yet call them to the carpet. I respect people that I hang out with calling me to the carpet when I'm wrong. That means that they are helping me...not hurting me. Most people want folks to be either lovers or haters....I'm neither. I am amazed by his work eithic and brain that has come up with all of this, however he made a promise that he hasn't come through with. Its ok. Its not about the gift. Its about the promise. I'm going to get my M3 whether I receive a gift or not. I'm happy.

It's pretty simple: If I say I'm going to give a gift to a certain group of people, that doesn't mean I can't give the same gift to other people.

He didn't say 'exclusive' as you originally stated. He came through and gave a gift, just as he said he was going to do. And when you question someone's character, that's maligning. It's also disingenuous to say things like 'I don't know why people don't understand...' because it implies the person you're responding to is incapable of understanding. You don't know me. People who do, know I've called him out when I disagreed with something. I admire Elon a great deal, but we have not always agreed on things. And I've made him laugh when I've fired back.

It's pretty simple: If I say I'm going to give a gift to a certain group of people, that doesn't mean I can't give the same gift to other people.

He didn't say 'exclusive' as you originally stated. He came through and gave a gift, just as he said he was going to do. And when you question someone's character, that's maligning. It's also disingenuous to say things like 'I don't know why people don't understand...' because it implies the person you're responding to is incapable of understanding. You don't know me. People who do, know I've called him out when I disagreed with something. I admire Elon a great deal, but we have not always agreed on things. And I've made him laugh when I've fired back.
We are going to have to agree to disagree.

To me:
Elon recognized the sacrifice of those who camped out ( for me - in the rain ) at 3AM and wanted to appreciate everyone who did that.

He said - For those folks I'm gong to send you a gift.

Then he sends it to everyone.

Fine.

Why did he even make a statement about "people in line"? - If its for EVERYONE?

I really believe you understand what I'm asking.

Like you mom promising you something special for cleaning your room when your sister didn't.....but yet she gives both of you something special.

Everyone.. I'm happy so there is no point explaining this any further.

Here's someone on Reddit saying that they ordered on April 9th and received the same gift:

Pre-ordered April 9th and got this today. • /r/teslamotors

Makes me wonder if this gift, and all other possible gifts are only for those living in the USA and maybe Canada (I think someone was from Canada and said they got one). Shame if they are segregating their customer base so much.

I agree, but I'm no longer going to address "negative" attention to Elon anymore. It's frowned upon.

I used the word exclusive and am paying the price for it.....you used segregation and I haven't heard a peep. Maybe I used the wrong word.

Reactions: jkk_
To me:
Elon recognized the sacrifice of those who camped out ( for me - in the rain ) at 3AM and wanted to appreciate everyone who did that.
It may not be as easy as everyone thinks it is for them to determine who actually waited in a line. Granted, the people that have a reservation date after the 31st didn't, but depending on how they saved the reservations or how they sent the info to the fulfillment company, it might not be easy.

He said - For those folks I'm gong to send you a gift.

Then he sends it to everyone.

Fine.

Why did he even make a statement about "people in line"? - If its for EVERYONE?
It is entirely possible that he, or his marketing people, changed his mind.