Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This place is dead as a doornail - are we all just waiting for Highland?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked-up a 2023 M3 RWD about a month ago, and I was wary about getting one until I did the test drive. Absolutely loved it. The price I got was for an in-stock model, I qualify for the full $7500 Fed, and Tesla beat out Carvana, CarMax, and Vroom for my trade, which ended up being about $2k higher than I expected.

The purchase process was amazing, by far the best experience I've had in almost 40 years of car-buying.

All the Highland stuff is exciting, and I am one of those guys who would kill for ventilated seats, so I'll take a look sometime after the initial release, which I am guessing here in the States will be Feb/Mar (I think someone reported today it was likely Q1 '24).

No remorse here, though - I am going to enjoy the heck out of this RWD in the meantime. :)
no remorse here either
Making ours. MS knockoff
Black Uber covers and just installed a CF spoiler

As with anything Tesla, I would not rush to be first on a new model anything. Tech and drivetrains are great, but production quality lackluster, especially in early series builds.

Don’t you think that argument gets a little old though? Sure, new ‘tech’ could have some tweaks, but that applies to anything related. I mean, I realize in the earlier M3’s had issues with paint and build quality, etc. But it seems it’s becoming more of a rarity with issues with manufacturing, especially now that they have tighter control operations with production. I would be willing to bet the newly refreshed M3 won’t nearly experience the defects some of the early 2018’s did.

Anyone know how to check if Pennsylvania’s funding remains funded/available.
State bulletin suggests enough for “500” vehicles, which sounds nominal:

1694534255879.png

Don’t you think that argument gets a little old though? Sure, new ‘tech’ could have some tweaks, but that applies to anything related. I mean, I realize in the earlier M3’s had issues with paint and build quality, etc. But it seems it’s becoming more of a rarity with issues with manufacturing, especially now that they have tighter control operations with production. I would be willing to bet the newly refreshed M3 won’t nearly experience the defects some of the early 2018’s did.
Not sure. Just had 3 different Teslas (2021 and 2020 Model Y) and a 2022 Model 3. Build quality is still far below established automakers. My Model Ys spent months in service (see other threads), the noise level inside at highway is hazardous levels and the Model 3 is nowhere near as refined as my Volvo and Porsche. Not sure Tesla aspire to be a premium brand, so that all OK, but one need look at these cars eyes wide open.

Not sure. Just had 3 different Teslas (2021 and 2020 Model Y) and a 2022 Model 3. Build quality is still far below established automakers. My Model Ys spent months in service (see other threads), the noise level inside at highway is hazardous levels and the Model 3 is nowhere near as refined as my Volvo and Porsche. Not sure Tesla aspire to be a premium brand, so that all OK, but one need look at these cars eyes wide open.

I doubt this is a true story. There is no noise inside my 23 Model 3 RWD at 80 mph….. not as quiet as my Lightning but it’s not as loud as my 18 Model 3…

I doubt this is a true story. There is no noise inside my 23 Model 3 RWD at 80 mph….. not as quiet as my Lightning but it’s not as loud as my 18 Model 3…
Not sure why you say that...select set of pics on the cars referenced from my winter house..
1) MY 2020 and 2021 MY (one sold at 40k miles one at 30k)
2)MY 2021 towed when HV battery failed - several months in shop..
3) 2022 M3, currently at 22k miles, keeping for short trips. Horribly loud on highway (in background, XC60 Recharge)
Bottom line. Have REALLY tried. (90k miles and counting) Tesla drivetrain and tech is amazing >> interior comfort and drive horrible relative to premium brands. Guess this is why Tesla suggest noice reduction and ride comfort was a major focus on Highland.

Attachments

• IMG_5437.jpg
    IMG_5437.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2771.jpg
    IMG_2771.jpg
    589 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_8762.jpg
    IMG_8762.jpg
    629 KB · Views: 50
Not sure why you say that...select set of pics on the cars referenced from my winter house..
1) MY 2020 and 2021 MY (one sold at 40k miles one at 30k)
2)MY 2021 towed when HV battery failed - several months in shop..
3) 2022 M3, currently at 22k miles, keeping for short trips. Horribly loud on highway (in background, XC60 Recharge)
Bottom line. Have REALLY tried. (90k miles and counting) Tesla drivetrain and tech is amazing >> interior comfort and drive horrible relative to premium brands. Guess this is why Tesla suggest noice reduction and ride comfort was a major focus on Highland.

Once we accept that Tesla is not a luxury brand the interior makes sense.

Reactions: EV Car
We already have a model Y Performance in our household, now looking for another Tesla for daily commute. Any idea on the pricing and range for the RWD model 3 Highland? I’m tempting to get one from current inventory with all the discounts. Should I wait for the Highland?

We already have a model Y Performance in our household, now looking for another Tesla for daily commute. Any idea on the pricing and range for the RWD model 3 Highland? I’m tempting to get one from current inventory with all the discounts. Should I wait for the Highland?
If you’re just looking for a commute car pick up a current inventory RWD. Best bang for your buck with the inventory pricing.

Reactions: arkhos
Maybe we're too busy understanding our new cars? Sales figures were through the roof due to incentives is what their earnings report eluded to.

Also I feel like I'm definitely in the minority here but the more I hear about Highland the happier I didn't go full squint and stalkless mode and consciously opted for both incentives and performance...

And on that I ❤️my M3P! I joke with my friends she's my new very expensive high maintenance girlfriend. She eats up a lot of cash ($1800 annual insurance!!), gave her new $1800 shoes so she can be happy (custom rims and nokian wheels) and made her stand out with a $250 dragon tatoo! ;) She's also a garage queen who will get a full body ceramic coat very soon.

Massive upgrade from puttputting around in a 2013 Honda Fit. Saved up close to 5 years for this car. No regrets even though I'm much poorer now.

Reactions: kpanda17 and Bouba