Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This truck design had better be a joke....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's so much to like about the exterior....that I have to hope the ugliness grows on me and I end up liking it. No paint, no rust, pure function and can take abuse at job site.
Dzm

agree, this thing is ugly as sin but what a perfect fleet vehicle for companies or contractors. They won’t be able to ignore the amazing specs and low cost to run this thing.

I have loaded 10 foot long 2x4s and 4X4s into my Model 3, with all the doors and windows closed. Can this vehicular abomination do that?

I can do the same in my Prius Prime. I remember once loading 10 ft 2x4s into my Prius and shutting the hatch while the fullsize Ford pickup next to me had to stick his 8 ft 2x4s out the window of the bed topper. I just chuckled and drove away.

Reactions: alsetym
What do you mean it has a large bed? It has only a 6.5 ft bed like most of the "commuter" F-150s. Real trucks have 8 ft beds that you can load stuff in with a forklift or bucket loader. Not angled sides like this. And this thing won't even carry a regular old sheet of plywood without it getting wet in the Seattle rain.
In the few images of the bed, I don't see anywhere for water to drain out. it appears to be a solid box which would be a big mistake.

I've been texting with two of my buddies who are long time truck enthusiasts. They love it. One of them is seriously considering putting a deposit and he has no interest in electric cars and makes fun of my Tesla.

I'm not a fan, but maybe a lot of people will like it. I've gotta say trucks are extremely boring and ugly to me already. This actually is cool just because it's so different. I'm sure they will be fun to see on the road or at a Supercharger.

Sorry I was ordering while you all were commenting.
Function is what it is about for me.
500 + miles should get me 200+ towing. This is a good truck. Yes it looks different - that is ok. Ordered the trimoter with the longer range.

Heck, function over form. Trimotor, 500 mile range, 14k towing capacity for dump trailer... and not a diesel
048BE893-2038-4E61-9DB3-5FDA84D7DAB5.jpeg

Wow, what an ugly truck. But the specs are fantastic. They are competing with the $50-70k light duty trucks. I think they tried to undercut Rivian too much and not compete in the same class. The body is the biggest cost cutting measure. But if you think about the simplicity that’s where they can drop the price. All of the other tech was developed on the other cars.

I reserved one, maybe the production will delay enough that I’ll actually grow to like the look.

Sorry I was ordering while you all were commenting.
Function is what it is about for me.
500 + miles should get me 200+ towing. This is a good truck. Yes it looks different - that is ok. Ordered the trimoter with the longer range.

I did too, but as a hedge actually, I own a 2006 Silverado Diesel, and it's only a matter of time before CA won't let me register it anymore.

maybe by the time this thing hits production they'll fix the horrid back-end and make it more rivian like.