Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This truck design had better be a joke....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this were just a concept car being shown at the LA Auto Show I'd think nothing of it. Other manufacturers have had crazier concept cars at these shows. But this is an actual product that they're taking preorders on. I'd have to imagine the design is pretty much set.

If you think the truck is ugly that's fine. He's been warning it's going to be weird for several months now. I was totally expecting the triangle look, and the more I look at it the more it grows on me.

The cringe part was the release. Good god. As @eye.surgeon says, the release was horrendous. If you're gonna do demo's then at least make sure they're not a gimmick. Swing the ****ing sludge hammer like a man. The ball drop demo was impressive until it didn't work. Jesus. Who approved those demos? Good god.

Last edited:
C'mon -
Datsun 120Y
Leyland P76
Citroen Ami
Leyland Princess
Pontiac Aztec
AMC Pacer
just off the top of my head. It certainly is a polarising design, it'll never ever pass. unnoticed. I like it, and I reckon that in 2 or 3 years, by the time it appears, the shock will have worn off and it'll be accepted as a revolutionary design. I'd be astounded if the design wasn't copied
Yeah, still the ugliest thing I've seen on 4 wheels. ;)

Worse than the plague, this will be sued by the Pontiac Aztek team and Tesla will lose :(
Likening this great piece of innovative technology to a Pontiac Aztec is akin to saying that a round ball of gold is similar to a rotten apple. The shapes may be similar .... but the Pontiac remains rotten. I congratulate Elon on introducing this unbelievably revolutionary design. It takes guts to be different and he has proven over and over that he can do it. The glass breaking in my opinion was probably staged to show that there is improvement possible and that he does not believe this design to be perfect yet.

There's so much to like about the exterior....that I have to hope the ugliness grows on me and I end up liking it. No paint, no rust, pure function and can take abuse at job site.
Dzm

Well it took less than 24hrs and it's grown on me...I do question though the rims and tires...I cannot see 500mi highway with those tires. I'm thinking all will change for production and what we saw last night will be an option. Stock will be more of a highway truck / all season tires and better aero rims.

DM

Do you really think the cybertruck needs any badging to say "look at me"? It could have no badge on it at all, and it's going to draw attention. I think 1/2 the people who buy one are going to buy it just for that reason. Just for the attention.

LOL even if there is some type of badging on it at production you can bet there will be people who will take it off. No doubt this design will set it apart from all the other pickups out there. Elon does get people to think and want to think outside the box, about the environment, our resources and the vehicles they drive. I have no doubt if this sells anything like reservations that are going down now and from surprised people's reaction to others they know that simply like/love it, other manufacturers will try to incorporate some of the features we're seeing on it today. Not sure they can do the metal work (maybe SpaceX has a patent on it) but they'll try for the look of the finish, etc. Already we are seeing traditional car manufacturers tacking on larger screens meant to satisfy new buyers who like certain aspects of Teslas (and some of them really do look tacked on to the dashboard not incorporated into it but guess that's what happens when you need to play catch up).

i think if they just cut the right side of the triangle it would be much more desirable and easier on the eyes....like this:

cyber.jpg