Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time for a new Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MS 85 is now almost 6 years old and while I still love it I feel the need for greater range and faster charging.
A couple of questions for the brains trust:-
I have lifetime supercharging- is this likely to be still available and carried over to a new MS as was promised some time ago?
Will my extra Mk 1 HPWC still work with the new MS?
And the biggie- what are people getting as real world range on the current long range model?
Thanks in anticipation
Jim

My MS 85 is now almost 6 years old and while I still love it I feel the need for greater range and faster charging.
A couple of questions for the brains trust:-
I have lifetime supercharging- is this likely to be still available and carried over to a new MS as was promised some time ago?
Will my extra Mk 1 HPWC still work with the new MS?
And the biggie- what are people getting as real world range on the current long range model?
Thanks in anticipation
Jim
Many of the destination chargers around australia are Mk1 hpwc. They all work on current model S.
I’m reasonably certain the only free supercharging at the momment is if you use your own referral link, and you should get 1500km as the referror and 1500km as the referred

Not aware of any carryover (same as transfer of FSD) currently.

Personally if wanting a new S I'd be waiting for a refresh. It will come eventually, maybe with Plaid release.

HPWC will still work
And if you've got a 40A Gen1 and only single phase it might be quicker.

I thought I was waiting for a refresh- perhaps the M3 batteries. But it doesn’t seem likely in the not too distant.
Bit like waiting for the latest new computer- it always comes eventually. And even when you do commit another new one arrives sooner or later afterwards.
Paulp- thanks for the heads up re HPWC

You definitely lose your lifetime free supercharging. I still love my car which I took delivery of at the launch event. The slow charging does get to me however, but the car is in near showroom Nick. I have the unplugged performance front fascia installed so the car looks like the facelift, and opticoat pro plus has kept the paint looking wet and fresh. Wonderful product!

The free lifetime supercharging might be nice, but it still has a value you can put a number on - you should have some idea of the amount of supercharging you've done and what it would have cost you either at current supercharger rates or charging at home. So just add whatever that is as an additional cost to the new car, and see if it's still worth it to you.

Truth is I mainly charge at home via Solar and so with greater range I doubt I will really need much supercharging. In fact we usually have excess solar power and because we are off grid the Tesla was a good way to maximise solar production. Not that I really needed an excuse to buy the car- all part of have a minimal environmental impact.

What sort of highway range are you getting out of your raven? My 2018 S 100D gets about 500km, so I'm interested to know just how much extra I could get if I pulled the trigger on a raven. 500 works, but an extra 100 would be even better

What sort of highway range are you getting out of your raven? My 2018 S 100D gets about 500km, so I'm interested to know just how much extra I could get if I pulled the trigger on a raven. 500 works, but an extra 100 would be even better
I get about 173whr/km at 115-120 km/h, smithy, so at those speeds it's only 520ks or so. Moderately better if you drive a bit slower, eg in NSW at the speed limit I get about 560ks for 95%.
Around town is a different matter- around town (crossing Sydney daily) I average 145Whr/km. so average 153 overall (town and country).

Reactions: smithy