Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time from confirmation to production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive been on edge since design studio. My wife thinks im crazy that i feel march is so far away. Hahaha

I'm right there with you.

I had annoyed my wife by talking about Tesla before I ordered, but since hitting confirm I've really started driving her crazy. Showing her youtube videos, forum posts, pictures, news, accessories, or anything related to Tesla. She is definitely jealous of the attention Ion gets at this point, but thinks it will get better once he's delivered. I don't have the heart to correct that notion.

Ive been on edge since design studio. My wife thinks im crazy that i feel march is so far away. Hahaha

Ill be charging at work mostly. I have a 80 amp HPWC there. I will be putting in a 40 amp nema here though just for the Just in case moment.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm right there with you.

I had annoyed my wife by talking about Tesla before I ordered, but since hitting confirm I've really started driving her crazy. Showing her youtube videos, forum posts, pictures, news, accessories, or anything related to Tesla. She is definitely jealous of the attention Ion gets at this point, but thinks it will get better once he's delivered. I don't have the heart to correct that notion.

Haha. I show the you tube videos too. I Cant show her enough drag races and Bjorn videos. hahaha. good to see im not the only one.

based on the google doc i am begging to suspect that all 90D cars are being built around the same time. i have noticed 70 and 85 cars with a higher vin being built ahead of my order even though they are north american deliveries.

i received my vin on jan 1st and the best guess from my DS is production the week of the 15th... uuuuuaaarrggghhhh... this wait is so much worse as time clicks forwards...

based on the google doc i am begging to suspect that all 90D cars are being built around the same time. i have noticed 70 and 85 cars with a higher vin being built ahead of my order even though they are north american deliveries.

i received my vin on jan 1st and the best guess from my DS is production the week of the 15th... uuuuuaaarrggghhhh... this wait is so much worse as time clicks forwards...

i ordered a 90D confirmed on 12/27 and still haven't made it into production.. :(

Same here. Confirmed my 70 on 1/1 but still waiting for it to go into production when it seems like so many others with similar configurations and/or higher VINs have started. My DS felt that mine would be entering production early this week but no emails as of yet about it. It doesn't help that I am not a patient man.

My DS told me it would enter production last week. It never did. Now they are telling me that it (and a bunch of other 90S) will be started and completed this week.

Seems that one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

Vin 123xxx confirmed 12/28

My DS told me it would enter production last week. It never did. Now they are telling me that it (and a bunch of other 90S) will be started and completed this week.

Seems that one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

Vin 123xxx confirmed 12/28
When my order was first confirmed (about four weeks ago), my DS told me that my car's build week would be 2/15. Then a week or so later he told me it would be 2/8. Then last week he told me it would be 2/22. So it can move around a lot.

@sashner - I saw your config in the spreadsheet and your order is nearly identical to mine. Only the exterior color and the finish on the Obeche wood are different. Oh, and I'm not selling my (2013) Audi convertible. ;)

Did you pick earliest possible delivery, or a specific delivery timeframe? It seems that picking a specific delivery timeframe makes it highly likely your car will be pushed back and delivered at -- or after -- the picked timeframe.

Yeah I picked March but spoke to my DS about switching it to earliest possible. That was probably a mistake to pick March :(