Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Timed Charging and Waking from App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully someone with experience of timed charging can help...

I recently took part in the PodPoint beta that lets me schedule my wall charger - all good and that now reliably comes on between 00:30 and 04:30 for me. Whilst on the trial I kept a close eye on things, but as it settled down, I have just let it 'do its thing' - which means less checking in on the car.

However, I am now noticing that the car doesn't appear to 'wake up' to charge when the power comes on at 00:30 - if I use the app and wake car it starts charging straight away and keeps going. Interestingly I have also noticed I do not get the notification about charging being interrupted at 04:30 until I wake the car from the app as well.

Is this the correct behaviour, or do I need to have a 'scheduled charge' set in the car as well?

I'm sure the box is working fine, as we use it to charge my wife's Peugeot, and that works flawlessly.

Do you have any timers set in the car? Make sure you’re only using the EVSE’s timers and don’t set anything in the car.
Also make sure you’re not using any online portals that control charging. You don’t want to have too many cooks.

Nothing set in the car at all, and no other services. Just the PodPoint app that turns the wall unit on/off...

I'm sure I read somewhere about a software thing in the Tesla that means it doesn't react to a charger coming 'online' when it's sleeping, but I couldn't find it...

Nothing set in the car at all, and no other services. Just the PodPoint app that turns the wall unit on/off...

I'm sure I read somewhere about a software thing in the Tesla that means it doesn't react to a charger coming 'online' when it's sleeping, but I couldn't find it...
Car not waking was a problem with earlier software but it was cured a while back.
I have a Zappi and that works as you’d expect. Best I can suggest is a short timed test charge during daylight hours once the car is asleep, so you can watch it

Reactions: spooksman