Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Replacement Poll for P85+ Owners

Plus owners, when did you replace your tires?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm at 15,500 miles 7,000 with the 21" staggered Michelin P2's. My alignment is at factory specs, (we are an authorized repair facility and it checked ourselves). The tires are wearing about 25% faster than my '09 Acura SH AWD TL which has the Michelin Super Sports only 19". It looks like the fronts will go to 11 or 12,000 the rears are down to 3/32nd's on the inside now. Driving is mixed mostly city, some freway and mostly short distances. Seems fairly normal for these tires, just more wear on the inside rears. When getting an alignment it's always good to get a printout of the before and after measurements.

I'm at 15,500 miles 7,000 with the 21" staggered Michelin P2's. My alignment is at factory specs, (we are an authorized repair facility and it checked ourselves). The tires are wearing about 25% faster than my '09 Acura SH AWD TL which has the Michelin Super Sports only 19". It looks like the fronts will go to 11 or 12,000 the rears are down to 3/32nd's on the inside now. Driving is mixed mostly city, some freway and mostly short distances. Seems fairly normal for these tires, just more wear on the inside rears. When getting an alignment it's always good to get a printout of the before and after measurements.

Hi Scott, talked to your Son Friday Afternoon. I'm bring in my 60 this week by your shop for them to play with my alignment. I got 30k out of my last set of 19" goodyears, but this new set with 3k is already wearing quick despite just being alligned by Tesla service center. We're going to try and figure out good settings for these 19"s.

Cheers!

One thing I was told was that because I live in a hilly area my tires will wear out faster (more regenerative braking). Someone had suggested I try turning off regen for a while to see if it would make a difference, but that would require a whole set of tires to really tell. I only live at a few hundred feet in elevation but the 1/4 mile road to my house has a 17% grade.

I'm wondering if your getting such good wear on your tires is because your driving in the central valley (flats)

Ummm.... that sets off my BS-O meter!!

I'm at 18k on my rears, I swapped them across (inside on outside) about 6k miles ago as I was seeing some edge wear. I'll be replacing them this week on the way to TMC Connect. I'm participating in the Refuel event and wanted fresh tires.

I live in a hilly area and probably 90% of my driving is in low.

Ummm.... that sets off my BS-O meter!!

My meter only only had a slight wiggle.

Among the many variables that can effect tire life, I tend to agree with Owner's suggestion that city/hilly vs. highway driving can effect tire wear. My alignment settings, unorthodox tire rotations, unusual tire pressures, modifications, 5.8, 6mm ride-height increase in "standard", driving style, never driving in "low", luck, and mostly highway driving are all contributing factors to me being able to retire my 21 Conti's at 40K.

Last edited: