Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tired of the $100,000 Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not anyone's point.

Some want super luxury. I do not. I'm in the camp that the price should include these vs funding model 3 or tesla infrastructure for cheaper cars later. Seems a bit communist to me.

Folding seats in a $100,000 SUV? Literally all my sedans have had it ranging from $1200-$60,000 cars.

#12, why did you ever torment yourself with a Tesla purchase when you've made it clear that the car does not meet your requirements, the company's business model doesn't meet your approval, and your view of their business sense isn't on par with your own economic accomplishments? One does not need to be a Tesla lemming but man, you are far from happy. Trade it and move on.

#12, why did you ever torment yourself with a Tesla purchase when you've made it clear that the car does not meet your requirements, the company's business model doesn't meet your approval, and your view of their business sense isn't on par with your own economic accomplishments? One does not need to be a Tesla lemming but man, you are far from happy. Trade it and move on.
Pros and cons outweigh other choices. Doesn't mean the best can't be better.

Also what fun is it just agreeing with everyone? What would be left to fight about online and take up my time...

BTW I am waiting for delivery in 24 hours so as most of you have the joy of driving to counter weigh the obvious negatives I do not. I suffer with buyers remorse on much larger decisions than a car every day.. one of my character flaws, but also a way I analyze "deals" and get to where I am today.

So get upset if you want, but my points are fair and valid and I'm not the one unhappy or tormented.

Some want super luxury. I do not. I'm in the camp that the price should include these vs funding model 3 or tesla infrastructure for cheaper cars later. Seems a bit communist to me.

Pretty much every company ever uses profits on current products to fund R&D on future products. The companies that do not do that end up bankrupt. Think Kodak failing to use their film profits to transition to digital photography. Or Blackberry or Nokia failing to adapt to iOS and Android.

BTW I am waiting for delivery in 24 hours so as most of you have the joy of driving to counter weigh the obvious negatives I do not. I suffer with buyers remorse on much larger decisions than a car every day.. one of my character flaws, but also a way I analyze "deals" and get to where I am today.

So get upset if you want, but my points are fair and valid and I'm not the one unhappy or tormented.

Don't worry, once you start driving, the negatives will fade away. I always tried to stay positive after putting our deposit down on Model X in Oct 2013. We expected to take delivery around May 2015 based on the delivery estimates at the time. Delay after delay occurred and eventually we were unsure that our planned late April 2016 road trip would happen in our Tesla. We didn't know until 5 days before our trip that we would take delivery in time. Definitely got a little cynical in those last few months, but loving it ever since taking delivery.

The worst days we've had in the last 5 months have been the ~18 days I've had a Model S loaner because our X was in service. Model S just doesn't meet my family's needs so we can't wait until there are Model X loaners in the service fleet.

Great company with vision but their business acumen leaves something to be desired.
Elon Musk has done something with Tesla Motors that no one in America has accomplished since Walter Chrysler in 1925: created a new automobile manufacturing company that survived the tough early years and went on to become a success (and Mr. Chrysler used another car company as a starting point, Tesla started from scratch). And Musk did it using a revolutionary all electric drivetrain AND a revolutionary battery design while Chrysler just used the same technology that all the other companies of that era were using. In just a few years Tesla has vastly exceeded their own sales projections and has taken tens of thousands of sales from prestigious competitors like Mercedes Benz, Audi, Porsche, and others.

Your criticism of Tesla's "business acumen" is profoundly misplaced.

Pros and cons outweigh other choices. Doesn't mean the best can't be better.

Also what fun is it just agreeing with everyone? What would be left to fight about online and take up my time...

Upset, no. Utterly baffled, yes. Despite your analytics and whatever else 'got you where you are today', you've come across multiple threads very disenchanted. It appeared you made a regrettable decision, but now I discover you haven't even taken delivery yet. :eek: Anyway, I sure hope the next 24 hours changes things for you, and that you don't have another buyers remorse event. Congratulations.

Elon Musk has done something with Tesla Motors that no one in America has accomplished since Walter Chrysler in 1925: created a new automobile manufacturing company that survived the tough early years and went on to become a success (and Mr. Chrysler used another car company as a starting point, Tesla started from scratch). And Musk did it using a revolutionary all electric drivetrain AND a revolutionary battery design while Chrysler just used the same technology that all the other companies of that era were using. In just a few years Tesla has vastly exceeded their own sales projections and has taken tens of thousands of sales from prestigious competitors like Mercedes Benz, Audi, Porsche, and others.

So the founder of a very successful business Paypal... uses his billions and his name to bank role a company that's been around for a good 4 years (not counting roadster because even EM said it had a lot to be desired and is not continued - hence not a success)

While I THINK tesla will be accomplished (or bought out) it could also go bankrupt. Other companies have stood the test of time for decades.

Upset, no. Utterly baffled, yes. Despite your analytics and whatever else 'got you where you are today', you've come across multiple threads very disenchanted. It appeared you made a regrettable decision, but now I discover you haven't even taken delivery yet. :eek: Anyway, I sure hope the next 24 hours changes things for you, and that you don't have another buyers remorse event. Congratulations.
Ask people around me and the literal only negative thing I have ever mentioned about TESLA is maybe narrowly missing out on 2.0 hardware... which I would just trade my car in for another one and not have any down time while I drove this one. And it really isn't 2.0 specifically or money (bc I would take a beating trading in a almost new car). It's unpredictable deprecation and examples of one week someone getting a car without autopilot and next week one gets it. Or facelift/refresh is a better example.

(Side note. Also terrible leasing options. Other companies will work with down payment for instance and let you roll into payments. Why lease when you can sell)

Even the big bad evil ICE manufacturs pre release their major improvement or facelifts and say pay "full price" for '17 model or grab a '16 and will give you a year end discount because improvements are not valuable to you and it will help even out the deprecation hit.

Again. Differing of opinion. EM is smarter than me.. I will never argue that.. just not how I would do it.

Eh, I would play the devil's advocate and say until Model 3 ships and is a success Tesla has not achieved what Chrysler did almost a century ago. If Tesla's goal was to produce expensive mid to low volume vehicles then yes they've probably achieved that, but that is clearly not the goal of Tesla. The next 4 years are key to Tesla's long term success.

Here is a simple solution: create an "entry/exit" (or whatever you want to name it) profile in the list that shows your driver profile and any others you may have created. This new profile has the steering wheel raised up to max and the seat back farther. Select "entry/exit" every time you get out of the car. Makes it easier to get out, and easier to get in.
Thank you for the 'solution". Sometimes the easiest fix is staring us right in the damn face! It is so simple it's genius ;)

• Love
Reactions: davidc18
Really? Communist? Heavy sigh... With your apparent keen insight as to the intricate workings of free enterprise and capitalism, I'm sure you'll have no problems making billions with the EV manufacturing company you'll be starting up to put Tesla out of business, since it's such "simple stuff" and the competition's weak spots are so obvious to you. Good luck, didn't mean to disturb your fantasy world.
Your avatar does look sort of communist :)

Trotsky_Portrait-2.jpg

Hmmmm...........trotskyism
the theory and practice of communism developed by or associated with Trotsky

I know a guy like that, he calls himself
KublaConn

• Funny
Reactions: GoTslaGo
1. Comfort- when I purchased the car, I envisioned taking lots of long distance trips with my wife and kids and seeing the country. The car seems more geared towards a sporty driver experience. The suspension is way too firm and the constant jiggling is very aggravating even for a short time. My wife likes to sleep in the car during long drives and has a really hard time doing so in the Tesla because of the hard seats and bumpy ride. I look over while she's trying to sleep and she is literally constantly bouncing in the seat, even on smooth highway roads. She's never had an issue in any of our other cars. My kids complain in the back that their legs fall asleep because of the short seat height (and they are short <= 5ft teenagers). Lastly, I am even more disheartened because at the last minute I added air suspension and paid extra for what I thought would be the smoothest ride.
I don't know what's sporty about not being able to see the road because the car is bouncing too much. Mine has become insanely bouncy. I thought during the test drives that the coil suspension was softer, less harsh. But, now I'm bouncing all over in my car with 1,500 miles on it and coils. I wonder if air would have been better.

I read on Reddit that the bouncing might be the shocks. One problem could be they heat up during long drives; today I put on around 400 miles, so that's possible. Or something else with them. It seems every bump is amplified. My neck and brain are hurting from all the bouncing. It is worse than at delivery, but it was bad at delivery too, worse than my coil test drive.

I'm thinking of putting sand bags in the trunk and trunk to make it weigh more like the cars I test drove in to see if that helps.

I think for a $55,000 car It should have a CD player. ;)
Me too. But for the S and X I have long lamented the lack of 8-track and VHS. 'course I haven't any of those three any more, but somebody might.
Just like some of the more astute observers have said, all Tesla cars since Roadster, S, X and now 3, lack all the switches and knobs that Real cars have. Not only that, but as Bob Lutz has pointed out so eloquently, the Model S and X don't even have engines! Just as he says, for those prices you at least should have a back-up engine!
No wonder so few of these things sell!:eek: Think about that, they're even outsold by losers like Fiat-Chrysler! That is not good.

I don't know what's sporty about not being able to see the road because the car is bouncing too much. Mine has become insanely bouncy. I thought during the test drives that the coil suspension was softer, less harsh. But, now I'm bouncing all over in my car with 1,500 miles on it and coils. I wonder if air would have been better.

I read on Reddit that the bouncing might be the shocks. One problem could be they heat up during long drives; today I put on around 400 miles, so that's possible. Or something else with them. It seems every bump is amplified. My neck and brain are hurting from all the bouncing. It is worse than at delivery, but it was bad at delivery too, worse than my coil test drive.

I'm thinking of putting sand bags in the trunk and trunk to make it weigh more like the cars I test drove in to see if that helps.
Are you certain you aren't driving a Morgan?:confused: The "trunk and trunk" make me suspect not, but all that bouncing seems like a Morgan.

Why wouldn't you just take it to a service center? Too far away?