Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Connect 2014 - Save the Date - July 18-20

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious... Have charging details been finalized?

We're arriving Fri afternoon, coming up the 1 through Big Sur in our 60.. My wife and daughter are playing tourist on Sat and I'm participating in Refuel. So we'll need to add some range for Sat and do a range charge on Sat night to minimize charging at Laguna Seca...

OK... I think I'm just about ready!!!

Can someone say -- EXCITED?!

Aaron

IMG_3940.jpg
IMG_3941.jpg
IMG_3942.jpg
IMG_3953.jpg
IMG_3954.jpg
IMG_3955.jpg
IMG_3956.jpg
IMG_3957.jpg
IMG_3958.jpg

OK... I think I'm just about ready!!!

Can someone say -- EXCITED?!
Amazing, Aaron. Looking forward to meeting you!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have a dedicated web site or access to Superchargers, but I will be driving our Roadster from Seattle.
Who is driving farther on electricity without Supercharger access?

OK, so we have two questions:
a) who is driving their Tesla further than Aaron's 3600 miles from somewhere near Newark, DE
b) who is driving their Tesla without access to Superchargers for more than tomsax' 1000 miles from Seattle via Loomis to Monterey

Amazing, Aaron. Looking forward to meeting you!

OK, so we have two questions:
a) who is driving their Tesla further than Aaron's 3600 miles from somewhere near Newark, DE
b) who is driving their Tesla without access to Superchargers for more than tomsax' 1000 miles from Seattle via Loomis to Monterey

a.) That should be my wife and me leaving Friday afternoon from Tampa/FL
b.) That is a close call. GMaps shows me 904 miles Seattle/Monterey and my spreadsheet so far shows 864 miles on our trip without SC. We are NOT taking the east coast SC route to reach the east/west sc's. We are going across via Atlanta, St Louis ad Kansas to meet the @teslaroadtrip convoy at the Silverthorne SC on Tuesday. I am excited and it will be awesome to see each other on live360. I hope all our non SC chargers will work and not be iced etc !

All -

It's not just me... All dozen cars making the trip will be adorned with the decals.... I'm just the first to put them on my car -- this is a GROUP effort! @TeslaRoadTrip and the TeslaRoadTrip.org website were created way before this event and are our vehicles for getting the word out about long distance travel in a Tesla vehicle as well as a platform for us to gather people for events and drives.

One participant is driving from the west coast of Florida, taking a more southernly route and meeting up with us in Denver, CO - he will be driving more than our 3605 miles.

Aaron

PS - the actual posted 3605 miles is from Newark, DE to Loomis, CA. If I add the 145 miles from my home the DE and the 213 from Loomis to Monterey, the total (one way) becomes 3,963 Miles.

My sightseeing route home (along the same supercharger route) also includes detours to see sights such as Devils Tower in WY. I'll post final mileage numbers when I arrive home on August 1st!

Last edited:
a.) That should be my wife and me leaving Friday afternoon from Tampa/FL
b.) That is a close call. GMaps shows me 904 miles Seattle/Monterey and my spreadsheet so far shows 864 miles on our trip without SC. We are NOT taking the east coast SC route to reach the east/west sc's. We are going across via Atlanta, St Louis ad Kansas to meet the @teslaroadtrip convoy at the Silverthorne SC on Tuesday. I am excited and it will be awesome to see each other on live360. I hope all our non SC chargers will work and not be iced etc !
As for a) - given that you are going a more direct way... have you mapped it on Google Maps (or somewhere) to see if it actually is more than Aaron's trip?
As for b) - I /think/ that tomsax is coming to the BBQ in Loomis, so I added that to his route which gets you 990 miles.

- - - Updated - - -

PS - the actual posted 3605 miles is from Newark, DE to Loomis, CA. If I add the 145 miles from my home the DE and the 213 from Loomis to Monterey, the total (one way) becomes 3,963 Miles.

My sightseeing route home (along the same supercharger route) also includes detours to see sights such as Devils Tower in WY. I'll post final mileage numbers when I arrive home on August 1st!
That is awesome. So about 8000 miles roundtrip?

dirkhh

Probably a little bit more than that. When I leave Monterey, I am veering off to Tucson, AZ (by way of the hopefully completed Indio, CA SC) to pick up my Mom.

From there we will go up through:

- Flagstaff, AZ to Gouldings Campground and stay overnight for charging and to take a tour of Monument Valley in the morning.
- From there up through Utah with an overnight in Moab and a drive through Arches National Park.
- Then to Silverthorne overnight, then a drive through the Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Overnight in WY and visit Crazy Horse & Mt Rushmore monuments.
- Then up to Rapid City for a quick top off and then drive to Devils Tower, WY
(visit then eat while car gets a little extra buffer range to make it back to Rapid City).
- Overnight in Rapid City then head east and veer off for a drive through Badlands National Park

Then from there it's just basically driving the normal Supercharging route back east with a quick stop in Ann Arbor, MI to visit my sister....

Taking 10 days to drive back!

Aaron

Aaron - You rock for organizing. I'll give you a prized Tesla pin for putting this on (owe one to Brianman too, promised about 6 months ago).

Screen Shot 2013-12-30 at 8.19.16 PM.png

dirkhh

Probably a little bit more than that. When I leave Monterey, I am veering off to Tucson, AZ (by way of the hopefully completed Indio, CA SC) to pick up my Mom.

From there we will go up through:

- Flagstaff, AZ to Gouldings Campground and stay overnight for charging and to take a tour of Monument Valley in the morning.
- From there up through Utah with an overnight in Moab and a drive through Arches National Park.
- Then to Silverthorne overnight, then a drive through the Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Overnight in WY and visit Crazy Horse & Mt Rushmore monuments.
- Then up to Rapid City for a quick top off and then drive to Devils Tower, WY
(visit then eat while car gets a little extra buffer range to make it back to Rapid City).
- Overnight in Rapid City then head east and veer off for a drive through Badlands National Park

Then from there it's just basically driving the normal Supercharging route back east with a quick stop in Ann Arbor, MI to visit my sister....

Taking 10 days to drive back!

Aaron

Last edited:
Not a perfect comparison as I'm not attending TMC connect, but I leave Vancouver Tuesday morning and will follow the 101 all the way to L.A. and perhaps to San Diego. Then on to Vegas and back to Vancouver. I have three weeks, so I suppose I can get back on the I5 if necessary. I'm hoping to meander down the coast using RV parks and campsites. Nothing booked, so who knows what will happen....

Best of luck to those making long journeys!