Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Connect 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course. We're just not ready to open registration and announce the specifics yet. However, I will say that we're in SoCal this year.

That airport would most likely be LAX.

I'd certainly like to go to the Model 3 event if someone gets an invite and can to bring me as a guest. I plan to put down a deposit.
Thanks Doug, that helps us flyover staters at least get to the right airport!

...I'd certainly like to go to the Model 3 event if someone gets an invite and can to bring me as a guest. I plan to put down a deposit...

I am sort of in the "same boat". I plan to put down a deposit and had made reservations to be in LA on the 31st, but canceled those when story ran that the event was on the 30th instead.
(But that web article has since been corrected, so I probably shouldn't have canceled my air/hotel.)

Oh, but wait, this is the TMC connect 2016 thread... Maybe we shouldn't be discussing that here... :redface:

Of course. We're just not ready to open registration and announce the specifics yet. However, I will say that we're in SoCal this year.

That airport would most likely be LAX.

I'd certainly like to go to the Model 3 event if someone gets an invite and can to bring me as a guest. I plan to put down a deposit.
If I get an invite, you got it! I was looking into making a road trip to TMC Connect this year. Now that it looks to be in my backyard, no road trip :(
I'll have to find another excuse to travel. Easy.

Doug, My wife canceled having to be in Chicago before and Iowa after was too much travel for her. I will be driving up from San Diego. Happy to offer up her slot to you. PM me if interested and we can coordinate. Tom

Will Connect being held in SoCal affect the "party at picnic creek"? I know it's scheduled for Sunday afternoon/evening. Hoping there's enough travel time for all of us to caravan to Bonnie's ;)

...Caravan sounds pretty fun actually (assuming superchargers aren't crazy busy)

Reactions: Saxena and bonnie
Like every year, there are lots of moving pieces. I hope to open registration and put out more info soon.

We're at the Manhattan Beach Marriott so SoCal this year. We'll have a link you can use to reserve your room by next week. I've been traveling for the past couple weeks (still am) and want a few software pieces in place before opening registration.

We're at the Manhattan Beach Marriott so SoCal this year.
It's not usually the ideal location that I would choose for a relaxing vacation stay.... but I love that there will be a large "in your face" electric car convention half a mile from a huge Chevron refinery! The company that bought the NiMH patents from GM and banned them from being used in electric cars.

About the Refinery | Chevron El Segundo Refinery

image.png

Maybe someone can organize an informal happy plugin parade rally along the outer perimeter roads. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: CatB
Like every year, there are lots of moving pieces. I hope to open registration and put out more info soon.

We're at the Manhattan Beach Marriott so SoCal this year. We'll have a link you can use to reserve your room by next week. I've been traveling for the past couple weeks (still am) and want a few software pieces in place before opening registration.

Thanks for the update!

Will Connect being held in SoCal affect the "party at picnic creek"? I know it's scheduled for Sunday afternoon/evening. Hoping there's enough travel time for all of us to caravan to Bonnie's ;)

...Caravan sounds pretty fun actually (assuming superchargers aren't crazy busy)
I've made that drive (Manhattan Beach to Loomis) many times (sis lives in Redondo). It's usually taken me around six hours, so yep, you can make it to my place.

I won't be at TMC Connect this year, since some friends are getting married the day before at my place - but we'll be ready for all of you!