Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To MCU2 or not to MCU2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is voice command a MCU1 issue?
Mine doesn’t work when button is pushed...it worked when i honk the horn.

vpice command also come on as soon as I get inside the car
Voice commands work fine on my MCU1 LTE. I did have to learn the new way of doing them when an update changed it awhile back (used to be push and hold, now push and release, then speak).

For those having trouble with voice commands, are you still on 3G? Do you have AP taking up processing resources? Perhaps a dying chip?

Reactions: aesculus
speaking of MCU2 voice commands. I have my right side display set to show the energy chart as I drive. When I use the voice commands to say "tire pressure" or "show me tire pressure", it recognizes my voice command on the screen, but never actually changes to/shows me the tire pressure display

Is it supposed to? Anyone else try this?

Voice commands work fine on my MCU1 LTE. I did have to learn the new way of doing them when an update changed it awhile back (used to be push and hold, now push and release, then speak).

For those having trouble with voice commands, are you still on 3G? Do you have AP taking up processing resources? Perhaps a dying chip?
I have LTE. Sometimes voice commands work great. Typically though, the first time I try to use a voice command after getting in the car it usually takes me saying the command 2 or 3 times before it actually picks it up. I consider that pretty much unusable.

Do we know if they still knock off $250 if we opt to use our old touchscreen? My current touchscreen had the UV treatment and the edge yellowing is significantly reduced. I'm probably going to go with the new touchscreen regardless, for $1500 i might as well get a new touchscreen out of the deal too.