Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Listing roadster #164 soon, figured I post it here first.
Things that stand out for me are the low miles and microfiber cloth seat option.
Car never been in an accident, but does has salvage title due to theft and recovery.
Recently had Tesla Service annual service on it.
Things that need fixing is keyfob not working i.e. can't remote lock/unlock/open trunk, I forgot to ask the service center to fix that when it was in the shop. Also front mud flaps, there is an ESS warning when the car goes to sleep, but confirmed with Tesla Service that the ESS does in fact go to sleep properly so the warning is benign, an ESS upgrade down the road would likely fix it.
PM me for additional photos/info/etc.
Price 39k.

IMG_2132.JPG
IMG_2133.JPG
IMG_2134.JPG
IMG_2174.JPG
IMG_2281.JPG
IMG_2283.JPG

They call it, Resale Red" for a reason.:D

Actually, I read an article on this car (I think it was linked from here). The guy busted his ass marketing it at Barett-Jackson, it was a unique car (meaning a Tesla Roadster), low mileage, at the right time at the right place (collector's auction with high marketing$$). A second car sold there for I believe $60K. That guy did not put in nearly the same time and effort.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Listing roadster #164 soon, figured I post it here first.
Things that stand out for me are the low miles and microfiber cloth seat option.
Car never been in an accident, but does has salvage title due to theft and recovery.
Recently had Tesla Service annual service on it.
Things that need fixing is keyfob not working i.e. can't remote lock/unlock/open trunk, I forgot to ask the service center to fix that when it was in the shop. Also front mud flaps, there is an ESS warning when the car goes to sleep, but confirmed with Tesla Service that the ESS does in fact go to sleep properly so the warning is benign, an ESS upgrade down the road would likely fix it.
PM me for additional photos/info/etc.
Price 39k.

View attachment 408843 View attachment 408844 View attachment 408845 View attachment 408846 View attachment 408847 View attachment 408848

Where is it located?

Do you know for sure if it is bricked? What sort of price range would a Roadster like this sell for?
thats a good point, if they have no key and the other 2 are with the previous owner it may have something left in it, but they are getting nothing at the screen even without the key. That would indicate the 12v battery is dead and the main pack should have kept that charged. Odds are good that it’s dead but not certain.

thats a good point, if they have no key and the other 2 are with the previous owner it may have something left in it, but they are getting nothing at the screen even without the key. That would indicate the 12v battery is dead and the main pack should have kept that charged. Odds are good that it’s dead but not certain.
Since I'm here in Phoenix, I have little doubt that Peter Gruber can bring it back to life for the right price. The other issue is that it now carries a salvage title and, even with documentation that kids the value. I will follow it but given risks and transportation costs, nothing more than $30k.

2010 Roadster Base
VIN:
#1073 (US)
Mileage: 2,420
Price: $69,989 USD
Thunder Gray 2.5 Base for sale at Auto Centrix in Carrollton, TX. Silver forged rims, soft top, gray interior(?), infotainment grp, SMC. CARFAX here.

View attachment 399333

This one is now mine....haven't a clue if it was a good price or not, but compared to others on the market across the U.S. I think it was good enough for me...

Congratulations! Executive Dark Gray is an extremely rare interior, so you picked a great one. I’ve heard rumors that one used to be owned by Bill Maher, but not 100% sure.

Thanks all.

The CARFAX report only shows 1st/only owner as "corporate" so could be someone "famous" or just some corporate ownership for status, but the mileage definitely says it was more likely part of a large number of vehicles by a single owner, so low usage as a group of cars...maybe...

Reactions: DeedWest
Congratulations! Executive Dark Gray is an extremely rare interior, so you picked a great one. I’ve heard rumors that one used to be owned by Bill Maher, but not 100% sure.

DeedWest, I've got a deposit down on 1157 (coincidentally from the same dealership the guy you responded to got his from). Do you have any info on that vehicle? Apparently you're the VIN Oracle around here from what I've read. Thanks!