Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top Gear P3D vs Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to see Top Gear (even though this is the Netherlands) actually running a Model 3 more frequently. Jeremy Clarkson was so anti-ev it was disgusting.

Interesting . . .but that's a pretty terrible time for the M3P in the quarter mile, if that's what the drag race was. We've seen 11.6/11.7. Initially, it seemed like those might be track times, but obviously not.

Jeremy Clarkson was so anti-ev it was disgusting.

I don’t think Jeremy was anti-EV. He tested the Leaf when it first became available, and described it as “beautifully made”. He took the time to research the battery life and charging options. Top Gear made their own EV with ‘range extender’. The Grand Tour includes a Model X.

-Alex

Last edited:
I don’t think Jeremy was anti-EV. He tested the Leaf when it first became available, and described it as “beautifully made”. He took the time to research the battery life and charging options. Top Gear made their own EV with ‘range extender’. The Grand Tour includes a Model X.

-Alex
I’ve never seen them as anti EV either. I think the root of this goes back to when Tesla sued Top Gear for their test of the original roadster that was less than flattering. In my opinion Tesla had no grounds (and the law suite was thrown out). From there it wasn’t until the grand tour X test that Clarkson and crew tested a Tesla. They did an episode before that where one of the guys crashed an EV Rimac, the first electric super car

Reactions: alexGS and Eclectic
12.27 is disgustingly bad. All you have to do is hold your foot over the accelerated and slam it to the ground as quickly as you can. How do these guys suck so bad? I've ran 3x at the drag strip and ran 11.8xx every time on All Season Tires. Even beat a lambo hurricane. And that was Before the OTA power increase. Seriously junk driving to be that slow or has no idea how to take care of the car.

-Alex
Is this the same episode in which the faked the results of their drive like they did with the Roadster, and concluded that EVs weren't the future?
Top Gear's electric car shows pour petrol over the BBC's standards | George Monbiot

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Clarkson doesn’t detest EV’s like some have mentioned. He even test drove a BMW i8 on an episode and made parody about charging. It was Richard Hammond that crashed a Rimac in the first episode season 2 of The Grand Tour and the car was on fire with thermal runaway for 5 days with the battery pack. They couldn’t load the Rimac onto a flatbed until the fire burned itself out.

Last edited: