Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top Menu

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Goes-to-11.png
Just something that occurred to me, the Liam YC's Toady (aka "the Yahoo") and the "Biker" may be different people. The second message refers to the "Scumbag Biker" wanting much more than 85, while in the first translation the writer specifically mentioned that "this yahoo is no biker so 85 should satisfy him for now."

It seems like the person we were submitting the 85 for is a different person than the biker, who seems to be more the head of whatever nefarious operation we're supposedly up against. Not sure what relevance this info has, but it just hit me that we may have been grouping 2 different people as one.

Wondering if the "biker" is Dan Neil? I recall him wearing a Vanson jacket in one of the Electric Car movies. Wasn't he critical of the Model S when it was on the drawing board? Maybe we need to prove to him that Model S is real?

I heard Dan on the radio recently... He seems to be off the "EV or bust" mantra, and back to gas:

http://m.wsj.net/video/20120810/081012hubpmpagani/081012hubpmpagani_320k.mp4

http://m.wsj.net/video/20110923/092311hubpmducati/092311hubpmducati_ec1564k.mp4

http://m.wsj.net/video/20121019/101912danneil/101912danneil_v2_ec1264k.mp4

Remember this bet? :
Auto Journalist Dan Neil Loses Tesla Model S Bet, Writes $1,000 Check to Charity | AutoGuide.com News

Last edited:
Took a little detour looking at automotive ammeters... Related to electric starters, generators, alternators, and such.
FYI, ammeter from a Model T:
t-ammeter.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Old motorcycles ("biker" reference) had ammeters...
h-amps.jpg

bike-ammeter.jpg

Last edited:
"...85 or 9 is still a tall order for a color..."

It says "a color", not colors... It is like they want us to figure out one specific color as an answer.

And why "85 or 9" ? How are these two numbers related?

Dongan is still in business:
We are a manufacturer of high quality Transformers, Reactors, Magneticsand other Power Quality Equipment. We have been in business since 1909 and are headquartered in Detroit, home of the Red Wings, Lions, Tigers and Pistons. Dongan was established in Albany, New York in 1909 as the Dongan Electric Instrument Company. Our first products were ammeters and voltmeters for the growing automotive business
Dongan Transformers > About

Goes-to-11.png
Going back to the colors...

Red equals 1.
Black equals 2.
White equals 3.
Silver is 4.
Grey is 5.
Blue equals 8.
Green is 8 as well.
Brown equals 10.

Tesla Model S signature models are available in four colors:

• Signature Red (Signature)
  • Black (Solid)
  • Pearl White (Tesla Multi-Coat)
  • Silver (Metallic)

Tesla Model S standard models are available in nine colors:

• Red (Tesla Multi-Coat)
  • Black (Solid)
  • White (Solid)
  • Pearl White (Tesla Multi-Coat)
  • Silver (Metallic)
  • Grey (Metallic)
  • Blue (Metallic)
  • Green (Metallic)
  • Brown (Metallic)

There was also that custom pink / lavender signature Model S. What was that color called? PINK Model S! Custom colors? and that owner mentions another custom paint job for member Roblab.

This yahoo is no biker so 85 total should satisfy him for now.
you right that scumbag biker would ask for so much more but still, 85 or 9 is still a tall order for a color.

I don't think we've satisfied him (and that is the purpose of the second clue uploaded 23rd December).

Now, 85 OR 9?

Is there a Tesla Activity coloring book for Model S ?

attachment.php?attachmentid=3069&d=1318309979.jpg

pkolino-hexagon-crayons-pk9crayon.jpg

0072348481551-crop-325x325.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

9 is like the number of 10kW charger modules in a 90kW Supercharger...
85 is the kWh capacity of the large Model S pack...
So, both numbers seem familiar to Model S, but not related to color... :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

May be it's a binary calculation: 85 OR 9 = 93
:confused: clueless

85d = 1010101 binary
9d = 1001 binary

Interesting palindromic symmetry there. Maybe it IS related to binary?

Red equals 1b
Black equals 10b.
White equals 11b.
Silver is 100b.
Grey is 101b.
Blue equals 1000b.
Green is 1000b as well.
Brown equals 1010b.

Really stretching here, but
Brown (1010) + Grey (101) gives 1010101
Silver (100) + Red (1) gives 1001

"85 or 9" (1010101 || 1001) gives 1011101 (93 as mentioned before)

Last edited:
Goes-to-11.png
TEG: You are so far ahead of anyone else playing this game. Probably (evidently) you are also way ahead of the people actually running the game. While I thoroughly enjoy your superb finds and ideas, I'm pretty sure the whole things is a lot simpler and more straight forward. With the current clue I don't think we'll get any further, we'll just have to wait for the next one. I'm not sure this game or puzzle is as interactive as we'd like, it seems it more of a story being told in parts, with some interactive elements along the way.

You finding the actual ampmeter that was on the blacked out photo (must have been it) and then being told in private that you had "overachieved" is classic! IMO it parallels the time that you found the actual street in Seattle where the Instagram photo of an early Model S was taken, from using Google earth and street view.

I am just fishing around, throwing stuff out there, and seeing what 'sticks'.

There could be some silent folks waiting until they are more sure of their solutions who show up with more concrete answers.

- - - Updated - - -

This yahoo is no biker so 85 total should satisfy him for now.
you right that scumbag biker would ask for so much more but still, 85 or 9 is still a tall order for a color.

I am probably going to kick myself when someone finally lets us know what that really means!

- - - Updated - - -

That's because nobiker is a big tatt'd guy who will be stalking all of you who spammed him with pictures.
Just sayin'.

2009-Tesla-Roadster-biker.jpg

"We wanted to have a little chat with you about all those pictures you have been sending..."
...But then cliff felt more at ease when he noticed that biker-dude was wearing "the ring"...

Last edited: