Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking and reporting of reservations, orders, and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was a pretty funny change on the Suisse web page today! After the sequence number was taken out in the US you got an order date.... In Europe we were just reminded that the cars would be configurable when our turn would come........ So Now they have aligned this with the US and added the date..... but which date??!!!! :)

funnyx.jpg

Last edited:
This was a pretty funny change on the Suisse web page today! After the sequence number was taken out in the US you got an order date.... In Europe we were just reminded that the cars would be configurable when our turn would come........ So Now they have aligned this with the US and added the date..... but which date??!!!! :)

Probably a bug with the backwards date format that the US likes to use (mm/dd/yyyy rather than dd/mm/yyyy).

Probably a bug with the backwards date format that the US likes to use (mm/dd/yyyy rather than dd/mm/yyyy).

January 1, 1970 is known as Epoch Time or Unix time. Most databases use epoch time to keep track of the number of seconds that have elapsed since January 1, 1970.

It's not a problem with converting a value between international date formats. More likely, there was no datetime value saved in the database for the reservation (or the reservation date was initialized to the minimum value and no actual value was saved to overwrite it) so it is displaying January 1, 1970.

Wow nice of you guys to all analyze all this. There was a reason for the wink at the end. Fun but of course a bug! Viewing from the US site shows the correct date and all so no real problem with the basic underlying info..... Just kinda funny. :)

January 1, 1970 is known as Epoch Time or Unix time. Most databases use epoch time to keep track of the number of seconds that have elapsed since January 1, 1970.

It's not a problem with converting a value between international date formats. More likely, there was no datetime value saved in the database for the reservation (or the reservation date was initialized to the minimum value and no actual value was saved to overwrite it) so it is displaying January 1, 1970.
Ah, getting all nerdy on us! You just can't stomach the fact, that someone has been standing in line for a Model X for 45 years?! Just ask some of the reservation holders and they will confirm it sure feels like it. :tongue:

Ah, getting all nerdy on us! You just can't stomach the fact, that someone has been standing in line for a Model X for 45 years?! Just ask some of the reservation holders and they will confirm it sure feels like it. :tongue:

:) yes this is kind of why I posted in the first place! It's certainly been a while..... But maybe not as long as that :tongue:
Kind of a nice joke on Tesla's part, kind of recognizing that a few of us have been waiting longer than normal...........:crying:

Having lived on both sides of the Atlantic, they are both backwards. We should all be using YYYY MM DD
(I left the separators out on purpose as that could become another argument)

Actually YYYY-MM-DD is an international standard. Dashes, not slashes, according to the ISO. ISO 8601 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back at the time of the Y2K silliness, I thought the world would learn and start using 4 digit dates. I was far too optimistic.

As for waiting since the start of the UNIX epoch - it only feels like it's been that long.

Ummm. We don't know how many MXs they've already built but we have evidence from various sources that some are built
we also know that tesla inspects the crap out of the first cars.

Some evidence:

- test track sightings
- 6 seen in final inspection area
- some DS telling owner their car was heading to paint shop

Still believe Tesla has delivered more than about 15 Model Xs in the past three months, and that we're going to suddenly see 1,250 Sigs delivered this month? lol.

Neither Kenneth nor Bonnie have reported being given a firm delivery date for Sigs #1 and #2 (let alone anyone with a higher reservation number). That means first deliveries are at least a week away, leaving only three weeks left to churn out an average of 400+ per week to get all Sigs out by December 31st.

Considering Tesla has only managed to average one delivery per week since the reveal, it's more likely Sigs #1-10 will be delivered on December 23rd (just before Xmas) and then maybe we'll see some more Sigs in January.

I hope I'm wrong, but I haven't been so far.

(November 20, 2015) ...I'm Signature #1 and I've been told by car is "not yet in production" with no delivery forecast.
(November 15, 2015) I asked for a week notice.

Still believe Tesla has delivered more than about 15 Model Xs in the past three months, and that we're going to suddenly see 1,250 Sigs delivered this month? lol.

Neither Kenneth nor Bonnie have reported being given a firm delivery date for Sigs #1 and #2 (let alone anyone with a higher reservation number). That means first deliveries are at least a week away, leaving only three weeks left to churn out an average of 400+ per week to get all Sigs out by December 31st.

Considering Tesla has only managed to average one delivery per week since the reveal, it's more likely Sigs #1-10 will be delivered on December 23rd (just before Xmas) and then maybe we'll see some more Sigs in January.

I hope I'm wrong, but I haven't been so far.

15 units in 2 months is terrible by any metric, given that Tesla stated that the Model X ramp would be much faster than the Model S ramp. Eds' prediction was around 100 units (lol) shipped in 2015. I guess we'll see if Eds was correct.

Maybe they are completed and being stored in the old Solyndra building for a media/delivery blitz.

If vehicles were completed, their owners would have been notified. One possibility that others raised is that the cars are being mostly built (save for 1 or 2 components, like the 2nd row seats) and put into storage so that they can quickly be completed once the rest of the parts arrive. I am sure that it is not going to be a very merry holiday season for whoever is working on Model X right now.

Or the reports that they are going to do a huge push of X's in a week or two are true and we'll see 1000 produced and hundreds delivered.

This is interesting to ponder: From an email from Tesla Tour Department a couple weeks ago. They said they could do November and after January 4th.

"Due to the high volume of Model X deliveries scheduled for the end of the year, there are no tour seats left in December".

I certainly like the sound of that

My DS says all of his cars are stuck at the same place in the production line. Where that is is anybody's guess, but I cant help but think Wall Street will have a heavy impact on getting these cars out ASAP.

Logistically these guys have learned how to ship cars...so, if there are 1500 Sigs ready at some point, (if that is what is happening), then it would not be a huge problem for Tesla to ship the hell out of them...if not just for the sake of Wall Street,,,,,and us of course.

Yes, they can produce and/ or deliver over 1,000 Ses a week. So it seems realistic they could do at least that many Xes. With the email from the Factory Tour department above: If they are doing 1000+ S's/week with plenty of space for tours to be scheduled, why can't they do tours in December? Extra deliveries? And, lastly, if they a high volume of Model X deliveries scheduled, why hasn't anyone been notified? (or maybe they have with NDA's)

@SCModelX, I got a similar response when I requested a tour in December. They did the same thing last year with a push to deliver cars. We stopped the factory last year on Saturday, December 27. They had a tent full of MSs all decorated with red scarfs wrapped around the head rests. They were pumping out as many per-year-end deliveries as possible. The customer support staff was "all hands on deck" for deliveries.

@SCModelX, I got a similar response when I requested a tour in December. They did the same thing last year with a push to deliver cars. We stopped the factory last year on Saturday, December 27. They had a tent full of MSs all decorated with red scarfs wrapped around the head rests. They were pumping out as many per-year-end deliveries as possible. The customer support staff was "all hands on deck" for deliveries.

ChangeDetection saw that "events" was taken off the menu bar in the past day or so.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/HBh6kIl.png
HBh6kIl.png

Not sure how I'd feel if I was one of the Sigs getting a much delayed, totally newly designed vehicle rushed out to make a year end number. Kind of glad to have the time to see any bugs get worked out instead of being a beta tester :smile: