Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was just very hard to look on 2 cars standing next to each other and figure out who in TM had a nightmare to change the old Red color to a new one. If you are talking about metallic or pearl flakes, the old Red that TM showed in Geneva is the Red that I was waiting for, not this plain dark color.

I don't know why everybody is singing. Unless they don't have a choice. Nothing you can do. I have a delivery scheduled for this Monday and even if I am not happy with the color, I will still get the car and will try to get used to this Red. Another reason why a lot of people are happy - is a matter of taste. Not everybody in this world has a good taste. I am not saying that my taste is better than others, but I would never buy a Red car with gray interior, but I saw a lot of people who did. What is it? Lack of taste or just preference? I saw people driving cars on the street with colors I would never even think about, but people like it. So maybe this Red is the same Good color of a lot of people.

Additional data point: We saw the signature red parked, assumed that was the production color and were so disappointed, we decided not to get it. Then I called and heard that this was not the production multi-coat red. We waited for the opening evening of the new larger Santana Row store after I found that the real red was being displayed there. Finalized the order the following day. The multi-coat red is GORGEOUS! :smile:

I don't know which Red you saw, but when I saw the old Red in Lincoln Rd. Miami store a few months ago, I was impressed. The same car is now standing in Dania Beach store south of Fort Lauderdale. If I didn't see the original Red, I wouldn't be so much pissed off but when I saw 2 cars next to each other, I was pissed off a lot.

I don't know why everybody is singing. Unless they don't have a choice. Nothing you can do. I have a delivery scheduled for this Monday and even if I am not happy with the color, I will still get the car and will try to get used to this Red. Another reason why a lot of people are happy - is a matter of taste. Not everybody in this world has a good taste. I am not saying that my taste is better than others, but I would never buy a Red car with gray interior, but I saw a lot of people who did. What is it? Lack of taste or just preference? I saw people driving cars on the street with colors I would never even think about, but people like it. So maybe this Red is the same Good color of a lot of people.

Taste notwithstanding, I'm looking forward to finally getting to see red in person. I'm buying the red sight unseen, but from what I've seen in this thread so far I'm going to be an exceptionally happy camper. To each his own, however.

I don't know which Red you saw, but when I saw the old Red in Lincoln Rd. Miami store a few months ago, I was impressed. The same car is now standing in Dania Beach store south of Fort Lauderdale. If I didn't see the original Red, I wouldn't be so much pissed off but when I saw 2 cars next to each other, I was pissed off a lot.

I am sorry for your disappointment. But very GLAD for the improved RED. And I believe the majority agree with me the new red is awesome in all light conditions.
Hope you enjoy your Model S even if you are not happy with the color.

I'm trying to figure out why you guys are getting VINs and I'm not!? Maybe because I have the rear facing seats and that put me back slightly in the production queue? Called Tesla yesterday, they said no VIN, but probably some time this week. Just checked the app now and nothing yet...

As I said before that from my point of view it's a lack of taste or preference and it's not silly. Taste is something that more than 70% of the population in the world don't have and it's proven. I already have a few people who are disappointed as I am with this color. So I am not alone and nobody will convince me that the flat medium red ( Bright wise ) color is better than pearl red with flakes that I saw on the floor of the store when I saw it the first time in Miami. And finally why did Tesla bring to all Shows including Geneva in Europe the old original Red Tesla S and selling us a different car. I don't think it's fair. And finally what's the most frustrating that Tesla guaranteed me when I saw the color of the sample in the store that it's a mistake and the real red is the one that I saw in the store. Why did they lie to me? I would pick up a different color and now I am stuck with 4 days before delivery.

Give it up ylyubarsky. We all know you're pissed, upset, think you have been lied to, and are disbelieving this is the same red. We get it. You have a number of choices: cancel your order and reserve a different one, take it and wrap it with another color, or live with it. Enough already. Let's get on with constructive comments instead of your incessant griping.

Obviously nobody will be able to convince you to like a color that you really don't like... It seems to me that you have a few options to actually do something about it. You could refuse delivery, and forfeit your deposit. You could privately reach out to Tesla ownership and see what they can do for you. Perhaps you can find a reservation holder who actually likes this red color that you could swap vehicles with. I am genuinely curious about your assertion that 70% of the world population does not have "taste". What does that mean? How would you go about proving or disproving that idea?

As I said before that from my point of view it's a lack of taste or preference and it's not silly. Taste is something that more than 70% of the population in the world don't have and it's proven. I already have a few people who are disappointed as I am with this color. So I am not alone and nobody will convince me that the flat medium red ( Bright wise ) color is better than pearl red with flakes that I saw on the floor of the store when I saw it the first time in Miami. And finally why did Tesla bring to all Shows including Geneva in Europe the old original Red Tesla S and selling us a different car. I don't think it's fair. And finally what's the most frustrating that Tesla guaranteed me when I saw the color of the sample in the store that it's a mistake and the real red is the one that I saw in the store. Why did they lie to me? I would pick up a different color and now I am stuck with 4 days before delivery.

Are you sure you weren't looking at a sig red next to the Miami sunset red? Those are indeed very different reds...

Alpha! I was standing next to 2 almost identical Red cars. Old and New. It has nothing to do with Signature Red which is Maroone Red. They look similar but the old one looks brighter and pearly with flakes and the new one is flat and a little darker. I hope now I explained in details.

OK, just making sure. This is the first negative I've heard about the new red. Everyone else seems to be ecstatic about it...

Alpha! I was standing next to 2 almost identical Red cars. Old and New. It has nothing to do with Signature Red which is Maroone Red. They look similar but the old one looks brighter and pearly with flakes and the new one is flat and a little darker. I hope now I explained in details.