Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arizona Bright Sun at High Noon Delivery

My car is finally here! Car was just taken off the truck and the wrap taken off. Truck driver was very professional and the trailer was completely encased. It was a combined Mazerati/Tesla shipment. Mine was the first one off the truck. Just so you know. I spent a lot of time color correcting these images and the white balance is as perfect as the white wrap of the car. I'm very particular and these were taken with a full frame DSLR with a nice lens. No washed out cell phone pics from me! Car drives like a dream but I'm afraid to drive it much before getting the clear bra tomorrow. Color me HAPPY!

Attachments

• 2013.04.24-11.26.45.jpg
    2013.04.24-11.26.45.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 483
  • 2013.04.24-11.27.24.jpg
    2013.04.24-11.27.24.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 530
  • 2013.04.24-11.48.33.jpg
    2013.04.24-11.48.33.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 493
  • 2013.04.24-11.48.56.jpg
    2013.04.24-11.48.56.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 492
  • 2013.04.24-11.49.12.jpg
    2013.04.24-11.49.12.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 502
My car is finally here! Car was just taken off the truck and the wrap taken off. Truck driver was very professional and the trailer was completely encased. It was a combined Mazerati/Tesla shipment. Mine was the first one off the truck. Just so you know. I spent a lot of time color correcting these images and the white balance is as perfect as the white wrap of the car. I'm very particular and these were taken with a full frame DSLR with a nice lens. No washed out cell phone pics from me! Car drives like a dream but I'm afraid to drive it much before getting the clear bra tomorrow. Color me HAPPY!
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20731&stc=1&d=1366865814
So now I finally know what Multi-Coat red means
Thanks for cleaning up the mystery! :biggrin:

Thank you guys for all the beautiful photos. You have convinced me! Today I signed the paperwork for my Multicoat-Red ! Expected delivery Sep/Oct. in Norway.

P85 with Performance Plus. 21" grey wheels. Black leather with CF decor. Fully loaded, except jumpseats, included all the new options for EU. (Parking sensors, etc.). The final price was 123.000 USD. It will be a loooong summer:wink:

Congratulations celter. You'll have a fun summer contemplating what will happen in the fall and reading, reading, reading these forums. Sep./Oct. isn't that far away actually, tomorrow my 2+ year wait will be over and these forums definitely helped the time pass. (We won't talk about the lost productivity!)

Thank you guys for all the beautiful photos. You have convinced me! Today I signed the paperwork for my Multicoat-Red ! Expected delivery Sep/Oct. in Norway.

P85 with Performance Plus. 21" grey wheels. Black leather with CF decor. Fully loaded, except jumpseats, included all the new options for EU. (Parking sensors, etc.). The final price was 123.000 USD. It will be a loooong summer:wink:

Do you guys get blind spot sensor in EU? I wish it is available for US models.

As I said before that from my point of view it's a lack of taste or preference and it's not silly. Taste is something that more than 70% of the population in the world don't have and it's proven. I already have a few people who are disappointed as I am with this color. So I am not alone and nobody will convince me that the flat medium red ( Bright wise ) color is better than pearl red with flakes that I saw on the floor of the store when I saw it the first time in Miami. And finally why did Tesla bring to all Shows including Geneva in Europe the old original Red Tesla S and selling us a different car. I don't think it's fair. And finally what's the most frustrating that Tesla guaranteed me when I saw the color of the sample in the store that it's a mistake and the real red is the one that I saw in the store. Why did they lie to me? I would pick up a different color and now I am stuck with 4 days before delivery.

Hate to say I told you so, but I argued over on the TM forums that it would be far worse if the samples were wrong. The samples were the official statement on the color they were delivering, and it's always dangerous to believe something unofficial that somebody at Tesla tells you.