Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is starting to feel like some sort of cruel game someone is playing on me. A full month in production was clearly not enough – it has now returned from finished and back to the production line :(

Christ on a stick, what's going on over there? I even got a mail from Jerome earlier today explaining how there was a shortage in the rear nextgen seats and how my car is now all sorted out.

In the past 30 mins or so (yeah, I know I shouldn't use a hamster to refresh that page every minute ^!^), my P85D with regular Nappa seats went from "in queue for assembly" to "is being built".

That "in queue" thing was there for 3 weeks at least, 1st week of Jan-15 IIRC.

VIN 67685, order confirmed on Nov 11 (the day before the first 5% Forex retail price increase), delivery Paris France.

Now waiting -again... and always... and as usual... and maybe one day..., or not..., as usual..., did you get my mail ?... the one from 3 weeks ago ?... and my voice-mail from last week... after the week before... no, the other one from the other week... not that one, the other OTHER one from the other OTJHER week... FFS Tesla, get a CRM or open a Salesforce account !, grrrr.... - for the buyback/CPO offer from Tesla France to close the financing.

Updated the Google sheet too.

Bien à vous,

This is starting to feel like some sort of cruel game someone is playing on me. A full month in production was clearly not enough – it has now returned from finished and back to the production line :(

Christ on a stick, what's going on over there? I even got a mail from Jerome earlier today explaining how there was a shortage in the rear nextgen seats and how my car is now all sorted out.

I'm trying to stay positive by telling myself that they are implementing improvements on our cars based on experience from the cars built in December.
What we know for sure is that Tesla would prefer releasing these cars sooner than later so if they keep them "In production" it will be for a good reason and in our best interest.

Essentially my car was formally delivered to day as I signed off on it in Vancouver though it will now be delivered to Calgary (to the wrap shop).
Nothing fancy - the car hadn't been detailed yet, no scarfs, plaques or other things though I did get a couple of the new key fob holders. Nonetheless, I'm ecstatic with the car and will now have to bide my time until the car is wrapped (and I'm back from a trip to the UK) when I can really drive it. I didn't drive the car today as it isn't registered yet but I did drive one of their P85D loaners on a quick drive - which was naturally awesome and almost like I've never driven a Tesla before.
bye pure cooincidence the other blue car that shows up in some of these pictures turned out to be my old car! Kind of weird to see them both side by side.

Photo 2015-01-27, 13 53 04.jpg
Photo 2015-01-27, 13 53 56.jpg
Photo 2015-01-27, 13 56 41.jpg
Photo 2015-01-27, 13 57 22.jpg
Photo 2015-01-27, 14 02 19.jpg
Photo 2015-01-27, 14 03 01.jpg

Congratulations! That was quite the odyssey from your first order production black hole, re-ordering and now finally the finish line.

Thanks!
I arrived at the SC and walked up to this car that looked like my spec - I was actually surprised to see my VIN number and realize this was the car. Nothing obvious wrong with it besides some paint swirl that will not be visible by the time it has been detailed and wrapped. I was delighted to see that front and back next gen seats were installed and obviously the heated steering wheel. It also has 6.1 installed (114) so basically the best I could have hoped for after taking the re-order plunge.

Thanks!
I arrived at the SC and walked up to this car that looked like my spec - I was actually surprised to see my VIN number and realize this was the car. Nothing obvious wrong with it besides some paint swirl that will not be visible by the time it has been detailed and wrapped. I was delighted to see that front and back next gen seats were installed and obviously the heated steering wheel. It also has 6.1 installed (114) so basically the best I could have hoped for after taking the re-order plunge.

Very glad to hear this! Congrats!

My loooong awaited delivery happened today. Had difficulty with the Registry office as the NVIC form hadn't been sent to me but the nice guy at the Registry got me on the road. Was too busy today to really enjoy it but did get to drive to a few appointments. Tried a launch with my assistant in the car and she was amazed.

Even though my temp DS (covering for my regular DS) said I had a heated steering wheel... I lost the lottery. :( Still happy with the car, though!!

Attachments

• charging.jpg
    charging.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 412
  • first drive.jpg
    first drive.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 405
My loooong awaited delivery happened today. Had difficulty with the Registry office as the NVIC form hadn't been sent to me but the nice guy at the Registry got me on the road. Was too busy today to really enjoy it but did get to drive to a few appointments. Tried a launch with my assistant in the car and she was amazed.

Even though my temp DS (covering for my regular DS) said I had a heated steering wheel... I lost the lottery. :( Still happy with the car, though!!

Congrats on finally getting it! So are you the last owner of the original black hole cars to take delivery?

Congrats on finally getting it! So are you the last owner of the original black hole cars to take delivery?
I wasn't in the original black hole - but in the secondary black hole where it took one month for delivery after production was complete (Dec. 27 to Jan. 27).

Attachments

• Tesla_0826.jpg
    Tesla_0826.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 796
  • Tesla_0827.jpg
    Tesla_0827.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 825
  • Tesla_0829.jpg
    Tesla_0829.jpg
    604.6 KB · Views: 828
I guess that might be me though given that I reordered I might be disqualified and I think there are other reorders still waiting. Thus I believe that mrelbe might be the final member of the original black hole to get his car. I never did get t-shirts made up though.

@gpetti and 3s-a-charm

are you able to check the invoice codes for your cold weather package?

does it say CW01 or CW02? Would be interesting to know since you didnt both get the heated wheel..

oh, and of course congrats:) even if I find it a bit amusing seeing the anguish of you US and Canadians waiting 1-2months for your cars;) you have it so easy compared to the europeans, aussies and asians:)

@gpetti and 3s-a-charm

are you able to check the invoice codes for your cold weather package?

does it say CW01 or CW02? Would be interesting to know since you didnt both get the heated wheel..

oh, and of course congrats:) even if I find it a bit amusing seeing the anguish of you US and Canadians waiting 1-2months for your cars;) you have it so easy compared to the europeans, aussies and asians:)
Hi,
I have no idea where this number would be. I don't think it is on the sticker.
Point taken about the waiting time but in our defense, a lot of it is a matter of expectations. When I ordered my first car, I ordered it in November for a May delivery (was waiting for a lease to expire). Eventually I moved it up to the soonest possible date which became End of February. It was still really difficult waiting, but I had no expectations of receiving it any earlier than that and I didn't ramp anything up (insurance, registration, Xpel wrap appointment, selling existing car, etc.) until it was time. In this situation I ordered on October 10th and at one point it looked like the car was going to be delivered on December 4th so I was all systems go when the car had completed on November 26th. I had given back my old car on November 19th and had fully paid by November 29th. We were talking about delivery dates when the car suddenly got yoinked back into production. I was already driving that car in my mind :) Anyway, I had to park my mental car and now that I have ownership of my reorder I'm a pretty happy camper.

- - - Updated - - -

3s, congratulations on the final arrival. I lucked out with the heated steering wheel. Maybe the figured you hearty Albertans can take the cold or thought Alberta is a shorter name for Alabama.

Funny! It does seem crazy that Alberta wasn't on the original cold weather list but I guess we got labeled as Vancouver SC which is a more moderate climate. Having said that, the temperature here was up to 16C last weekend!

@gpetti hehe no offense was intended:)

these invoice-codes appear on the documents part of mytesla where my "final invoice" is shown. That invoice lists a whole lot of codes. The curious part is that the link to "view design" shows CW01 and the invoice shows CW02...

These are the codes shown on my invoice with norwegian texts:

MS04 Model S Performance 2015 461.000,00 1 461.000,00
AD07 AD07 600,00 1 600,00
ADPC2 Type 2 Public Charging Connector 1.300,00 1 1.300,00
AU01 Lydstudio-pakke 15.800,00 1 15.800,00
CH01 Dobbeltlader 9.700,00 1 9.700,00
PMNG PMNG 4.900,00 1 4.900,00
CW02 CW02 4.900,00 1 4.900,00
DV4W DV4W 70.000,00 1 70.000,00
IDCF Karbonfiber Dekor 5.100,00 1 5.100,00
P85D P85D 146.800,00 1 146.800,00
QRLB QRLB 22.000,00 1 22.000,00