Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this makes sense. The front airbags tend to shove you back into the seat, a motion where I doubt the plusher side-bolstering would make much difference in terms of forces on the body. The rear airbags tend to shove you sideways across the seat, where hanging up on the new bolstering would make a difference to forces.

Oops! Obviously I meant to quote the theory that the airbag issue explains why some demo cars have the new front seats but old-style rear seats.

Make sure you have opted into emails. I for whatever reason was taking off mailing list. Worth emailing ownership just to check. Good luck.
No email for me, still in production and nothing from my DS. I checked and I have email updates selected but I reselected it as it occurs to me that I never get any emails about my car. I'm going to call my DS when I get a chance.

No email for me, still in production and nothing from my DS. I checked and I have email updates selected but I reselected it as it occurs to me that I never get any emails about my car. I'm going to call my DS when I get a chance.

I had the same problem. Called and emailed ownership, and they had the right address. Then one day the emails started flowing properly. It was odd.

Has anyone's P85D gone from "In Production" to "Production Complete" yet?

I've been production complete since 11/26.
tsla-done.jpg

Didn't get Jerome's email, but looking through my archives the only emails I've received from Tesla have been Service surveys and the "Document has been posted to your MyTesla" messages. I pinged my DS. I'm looking forward to getting an ETA for delivery!

I LOVE that the log jam seems to be cleared. It does make me wonder, though, why ther is no mention of the "Elon was unhappy about some finishing details on the P85D" story we latched on to so tightly earlier. All of a sudden it's "airbag problem - ok I'm good with that". Just sayin'
In fairness, this was at best a rumor. This was never officially given as a reason, except perhaps by some DS (who many of us believe to just make up information, unfortunately).

I LOVE that the log jam seems to be cleared. It does make me wonder, though, why ther is no mention of the "Elon was unhappy about some finishing details on the P85D" story we latched on to so tightly earlier. All of a sudden it's "airbag problem - ok I'm good with that". Just sayin'
It does seem, funny that with all the different responses we heard: from some DSs who claimed there was no delay, to the Elon fit and finish, EPA stickers, extra QA inspection time, etc. the actual reason was the only one we didn't get. I also can't see why it would have been bad to tell us this up front.

The email ended up in my promotions folder (gmail). I've even set a rule to try to force it into my primary inbox but it hasn't worked.

To keep future email from a particular sender from ending up in your promotions folder, right click on the email in your promotions folder, select "Move to tab -> Primary," and in the yellow box that comes up at the top of the screen asking to do the same for future message select "Yes."

To keep future email from a particular sender from ending up in your promotions folder, right click on the email in your promotions folder, select "Move to tab -> Primary," and in the yellow box that comes up at the top of the screen asking to do the same for future message select "Yes."

Yep, tried it. Even have a rule @teslamotors.com. I'm going to try clearing it out and trying again. The email came from [email protected].

Yeah, I haven't figured out the whole Promotions nonsense in Gmail either. I have an @teslamotors.com label that works with my filter, but they always seem to skip the main inbox regardless. So, I have my filter forward @teslamotors.com stuff to my SMS email address also so I get a notification.

OK, if the problem(s) have been solved we should see joyous messages of production starts and completions. All I see in the spreadsheet is two starts today.
Could it be that:
1. The spreadsheet is a small sample of P85D orders
2. Members are not updating
3. or ????
Three starts today if you include my recent add. That looks to be on par with the past few days. I'm guessing that members aren't updating that quickly. For example, I see several people who have similar VIN numbers as me with the same estimated delivery date and the same state as me (Florida). Theirs probably started today as well but they didn't update it.