Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have some good news!!

My DS just called me to schedule me for delivery tomorrow morning, Friday December 12th at 9am :biggrin:

Oh, and it is confirmed that I will NOT have a heated steering wheel, and that standard (non-performance) Nappa leather seats were installed.

Remind us since this is a long thread and it's hard to keep track -- was your car one of the ones that was "completed" and then re-entered production?

Now that's the news we have all been waiting for

Well, not exactly (but I understand what you're saying).

The only thing I take out of this news is that Tesla is delivering ONE car that doesn't even have the seats that were ordered and paid for.

Meanwhile, the rest of us continue to wait with no explanation as to why the delays nor any firm dates as to when we can expect delivery. Many of us having already paid for and/or traded in vehicles.

Not exactly what I've been waiting to hear.

Mike

Nice going, MarcG! It'd still be raining tomorrow so, take it easy on those launches ;)

I know not what those "take it easy" word you speak of mean ;-)
"Wait, I thought I had all-wheel drive?" "Yes sir, you do - just floor it" :)

Oh, if you are taking a factory tour, do look for my Green D :)

I already took the tour a couple of weeks ago, sorry.. I'll see if my ride is interested though.

I have some good news!!
My DS just called me to schedule me for delivery tomorrow morning, Friday December 12th at 9am :biggrin:

Oh, and it is confirmed that I will NOT have a heated steering wheel, and that standard (non-performance) Nappa leather seats were installed.

This is gr8 news!!

with-great-power-comes-great-responsibility-spider-man.jpe

Congratulations!

Congrats!

That being said, I was wondering why your car is so far ahead of the rest? I noticed in the spread sheet that you ordered on the 27th, confirmed on the 29th and you were not a previous Tesla owner (which was allegedly a priority factor)?
I think the answer is that because they ran out of the Recarro seats prior to your car's build they can just ship with the regular seats that may have already been installed. I think those of us who are still getting Recarro seats may be waiting for them to be installed and inspected.

I ordered on the 9th. and my build started on November 21st. My car is still sitting in Production and my DS says that it still says "factory gate routing" in his systems (which is what it said back on December 2).

Yes I'm jealous!

That being said, I was wondering why your car is so far ahead of the rest? I noticed in the spread sheet that you ordered on the 27th, confirmed on the 29th and you were not a previous Tesla owner (which was allegedly a priority factor)?

This is all correct. As I mentioned earlier, I have no idea why my car was built with non-Recaro seats. It is very possible that an initial batch of P85Ds were built with the problematic next-gen seats, then stopped installing those seats in subsequent batches - but it's still unclear as to how many were built like this or whether others are getting the option to swap to Recaro seats later.

All I know is, because I requested a first-half delivery due to upcoming vacation next week, Tesla has been trying to do everything possible to get me a delivery date before my departure. It took a lot of communication and proactiveness on my part to make sure they could make it happen, and I'm glad to say they did.

This is all correct. As I mentioned earlier, I have no idea why my car was built with non-Recaro seats. It is very possible that an initial batch of P85Ds were built with the problematic next-gen seats, then stopped installing those seats in subsequent batches - but it's still unclear as to how many were built like this or whether others are getting the option to swap to Recaro seats later.

All I know is, because I requested a first-half delivery due to upcoming vacation next week, Tesla has been trying to do everything possible to get me a delivery date before my departure. It took a lot of communication and proactiveness on my part to make sure they could make it happen, and I'm glad to say they did.

It's starting to make sense. Seems like all the cars (except MarcG's due to the travel constraint) in the late November batch were built with bad Recaro seats and are just waiting for the replacements to come.