Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When Tan and Grey became an option, there was a 3x3 matrix: Black, Tan and Grey, on the x, and Next Gen, Performance, and Nappa on the y. Now textile is an option on the far left, and performance is gone. It's a 3x2 matrix.

FYI, when I was playing around with the configurator during the last week of October, textile seats were definitely an option to the left of the 3x3 matrix, so there were 10 seat choices (!) for the P85D. I think textile seats became an option when they dropped the silly requirements for 21" wheels and tech/air on or around 10/24.

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered 11/4 and have a vin by 11/8? Alrighty then.

Yep they are definitely trying to get as many P85Ds delivered as possible before the end of the year. (BTW I ordered 10/27, confirmed 10/29, and got a VIN 11/01 - looks like most orders that were placed in October got their VINs during the first couple of days of November).

FYI, when I was playing around with the configurator during the last week of October, textile seats were definitely an option to the left of the 3x3 matrix, so there were 10 seat choices (!) for the P85D. I think textile seats became an option when they dropped the silly requirements for 21" wheels and tech/air on or around 10/24.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep they are definitely trying to get as many P85Ds delivered as possible before the end of the year. (BTW I ordered 10/27, confirmed 10/29, and got a VIN 11/01 - looks like most orders that were placed in October got their VINs during the first couple of days of November).

I must have missed it. I was rather focused on the tan next gen seats :)

P85D ordered and confirmed Saturday November 8. VIN 65089 assigned today!! Strange, because I also have a P85 on order for the last 2 weeks, without any VIN yet. Both are expected late December.

details:
black with black next gen seats, black alcantara
CF accents and spoiler
red calipers, 21" grey wheels
tech, air susp, premium sound, pano roof, dual chargers
center console

Last edited:
So got an email re: my HPWC being ready for delivery.
When I had my P85+ ordered, it was exactly 4 weeks from that HPWC delivery email to the completion of my build (which I subsequently cancelled).

If things hold true, then the strong 'hint' of my delivery being around Dec.15 may well be true!

Might even end up with the first or second P85D in Canada :)

I've already gotten my wall connector as of last week. However, I'm quite high up in VIN # at 64190.

IMG_2525.jpg

So got an email re: my HPWC being ready for delivery.
When I had my P85+ ordered, it was exactly 4 weeks from that HPWC delivery email to the completion of my build (which I subsequently cancelled).

If things hold true, then the strong 'hint' of my delivery being around Dec.15 may well be true!

Might even end up with the first or second P85D in Canada :)

The sales tax savings of trading the 12C will almost completely offset the difference between what I paid for the 12C and Manheim auction numbers for the car. Put differently, bring on the D as the 12C is cheaper to own/operate than getting a rental!

It is a nice car. The problem is going to come when I want to keep both.

Locked in air and asked for the first available 2015 ViN :)

Congrats. Week 1 build, you're in Florida, MAYBE 1/15 delivery? I'm actually going to be in your neck of the woods driving back from Ft. Lauderdale around 1/3, hopefully with my D.

- - - Updated - - -

Does this mean that you're sufficiently satisfied with the new improvements to the air suspension from Tesla engineering not to order the coil springs?

Yeah, spill the beans.

Tesla is unable to provide information on the "delete air" option. I interpret this to mean that marketing dumped the delete air option on engineering and now engineering must make it happen. Even though they have field "re-valveable" dampers, it is a lengthly process to get things perfect. I suspect it will be a lot like early MS shipments when, if you ordered coil, you were looking at a three to four month delay in getting your car.

I'm comfortable with the air option because (1) I can always put coil springs on it and (2) when the head of chassis engineering tells me I will not be disappointed, I believe him :)

Anyone getting a PD in the lower half of Florida is welcome to swap keys with me for a test drive....

Tesla is unable to provide information on the "delete air" option. I interpret this to mean that marketing dumped the delete air option on engineering and now engineering must make it happen. Even though they have field "re-valveable" dampers, it is a lengthly process to get things perfect. I suspect it will be a lot like early MS shipments when, if you ordered coil, you were looking at a three to four month delay in getting your car.

I'm comfortable with the air option because (1) I can always put coil springs on it and (2) when the head of chassis engineering tells me I will not be disappointed, I believe him :)

Anyone getting a PD in the lower half of Florida is welcome to swap keys with me for a test drive....

Congrats on locking in :)

- - - Updated - - -
@ Breser
Right! Haha