Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My P85D went into production on Friday last week and just changed 2 hours ago and says "Production CompleteYour Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery.". With Next generation seats. How long is the prep phase?

I've been following this thread for the last week and the production to delivery process is a complete mystery to me. My car has been "In Production" since 12/1 and still has that same status now -- 10 days later. Radio silence from my DS. I've tried to devine some correlations from the spreadsheet attached to this thread but can come up with nothing. Maybe they are simply rolling dice. Out of curiosity, are you planning to pick up in Fremont?

I've been a lurker until now... Time to post.

VIN 67417. MT shows "entered the production queue". "Estimated Delivery late December" in Tampa. DS has arranged for a Dec 27th delivery.

So our car isn't nearly as far down the road as many of you. Nonetheless, after asking our DS today if he still thinks that date is solid, he said "No change in your estimated delivery date as I can see". Since our car hasn't even reportedly entered production, I can't see how they will come through by Dec 27th. Further, our VIN is the third highest number on the spreadsheet. If they're truly using a sequential numbering system, there's lots of aluminum to shape before our car gets a ride on the transporter. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in January, or even February.

I'm right behind you. I've got 67429. My DS today said they are still on track for delivery this late december. I was told the last week. She said they get the cars in two days after it leaves the plant.

So captain... You gotta have a private plane....?

Badger same thing here. In production since 12/1. You picking up in Chicago or Minneapolis? Just curious if any Chicago or Minneapolis folks have had any feedback on delivery time frame yet?

I am also a 12/1 start/still in production and the last update that I received a few days ago was that it would likely be around the 27th. I am still crossing my fingers that it will be sooner as I sold my P85 about a month ago now so the lack of a car is starting to get old. :)

I've tried to devine some correlations from the spreadsheet attached to this thread but can come up with nothing. Maybe they are simply rolling dice.
My guess from the SS is that they're trying to group the deliveries together based on delivery location. For example, a lot of the Florida deliveries (including my own) got the same Dec. 27th estimated delivery date. I see a few Fremont ones grouped together. I see a few Toronto ones grouped together. Ordered on different dates, yet still delivering around the same time. So it's probably random in terms of which location gets it first. But I can see that there's some grouping going on.

I initially had the same issues with my DS and ended up sending feedback to Jerome about this. He responded fairly quickly, copying the senior manager of global delivery experience, who then scheduled a call with me to go over the issues and address them. My DS has since been a lot more responsive!

Worked out well after emailing him this morning. He got the DS back in touch with me. Thanks for the tip MarcG.

Did Tesla just change the power output on the D models?
The norwegian site now indicates 700hp on the P85D and 590hp on the 85D. Pretty massive upgrade on the 85D from an earlier 380hp infication..

The 590 hp sounds like a typo to me. But the Norwegian site is showing 700 hp for the P85D and 380 for the 85D for me. The US site shows 691 hp for the P85D and 376 hp for the 85D.

The difference is the US site is using mechanical horsepower (hp I) and the European sites use electrical horsepower (hp E).

If you've seen the US numbers before you might conclude this is an increase, when it's really not. Same horsepower, different units.

The 590 hp sounds like a typo to me. But the Norwegian site is showing 700 hp for the P85D and 380 for the 85D for me. The US site shows 691 hp for the P85D and 376 hp for the 85D.

The difference is the US site is using mechanical horsepower (hp I) and the European sites use electrical horsepower (hp E).

If you've seen the US numbers before you might conclude this is an increase, when it's really not. Same horsepower, different units.

This is correct. For example, the Lamborghini Aventador is called the LP700-4 because of its 700 HP in European measurements. But in the U.S. it's actually 691 HP.

Looks like today was the day when quoted delivery date went from December to Late February (I checked this morning and was December, just checked now and like everyone else is confirming it is late February).

Can't wait to read some first impressions from those taking deliveries :) Please make lots of videos :D

This is correct. For example, the Lamborghini Aventador is called the LP700-4 because of its 700 HP in European measurements. But in the U.S. it's actually 691 HP.

Off topic, but regoapps Ive watched all your Aventador videos on reddit :)