Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I cancel and reorder, do I lose my deposit?
Tesla seem open to transferring the deposit to a new order.

- - - Updated - - -

Note to Tesla sent regarding the 2014 ViN. I suspect they are trying to fill in some slots that have opened up as a result of delays (thinking Osama etal but hopefully not WK - I'm still rooting for your 2014 delivery)
Apparently Osama has not cancelled his cars. He sent me a PM warning me that if I kept complaining I might get a thread named after me :smile:
i've reordered but that is not my old VIN.

Depends on the circumstances. You'd have to have that discussion with Tesla.

My bet is the VIN generator is still set to 2014. My VIN for my 85D originally came out as a 2014 and then updated to 2015 later. Seems like a later pass goes back through and updates them. So I agree with what randompersonx is saying.

If you distract them you might never get your car...

To the people complaining about people complaining. Just let them vent. It'll all be over soon enough.

With respect to precision of delivery dates, I'm ready for my 85D to be late.

U got Vin already? When did u confirm?

MarcG: Your DS told you that the car doesn't have heated side mirrors. Is that true?!? I have a P85 and it has heated mirror on the same button that activate the rear window heater. I have also ordered a P85D, but it will not get to Norway before March so your videos are great stuff in the meantime. :)

BTW, I cannot lie.... when you put that board and bike rack atop the P85D.....
well I kind of grimaced....

Hahaha - I literally put my hand over my mouth and said "oh goddd. No!" To each his own though!

That said, big thank you to Marc for sharing your experience. As a first time Tesla buyer, I find this information extremely valuable. We all sincerely appreciate it. Now slap that gopro on the roof of your car and floor it for us! Lol... kidding... (but seriously...)

I am told to expect arrival about 12/18. You information sounds good. I would expect that both vehicles would arrive on the same truck. I get better answers from the Brandon office than from Georgia.

Nearly identical order and confirmation details to you Mike. Also waiting for Delivery. Was initially promised 12/19/14 for Brandon location. Now, my DS doesn't give me a straight answer.

Have you been told anything more concrete regarding delivery?

New 2015 VIN Sequence Codes Revealed

My bet is the VIN generator is still set to 2014. My VIN for my 85D originally came out as a 2014 and then updated to 2015 later.

Yes, the transition has been delayed since Elon will be adding additional designations to your 2015 VIV's, depending on whether you have been naughty or nice on this thread:

WH - Whiny
SQ - Squeaky
BB - Beautiful Bonnie (Oops, that is reserved for an X VIN -- kisses)
GG - Good Guy (and gg, of course)
GGn - Nigel (moderating is such a pain)
MPG - Most Patient Guy (Stevezzzzz)
CP - Crack Pot
MPNG - Most Prolific New Guy (Breser)
MG - First active forum member taking delivery (thanks for all the reviews and responses)

While all of you guys are waiting for the P85D, have you thought of doing a test drive with the newly arrived P85D demos? I did... and here's a video of it (Warning: This made my wait for my own P85D seem much longer now):
It's crazy fast! Read the video description for my drag race results against my Aventador. It was a close one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've created a new thread for those of early adopters who have been seemingly pulled off the production line and stuck in no mans land. I've detailed this more fully in the thread intro as I fear more embellishment here might be characterized as Rich boy whining etc etc. I chose not to use the existing thread started for Osama but I don't need this one named after me. I think Osama had a general complaint but I think there are now a specific group of us with what appear to be a problem batch of cars for whom ongoing discussion - or even whining - is still valuable and useful for us if not for those who are not stuck in this situation. Maybe we can collectively leverage Tesla to resolve this situation.
I am not abandoning this thread as I hope to contribute more positively in the future but I think I may have to take a break from reading other people's editorial comments and characterizations.

First P85D adopters stuck in bLack hole

Can you spot your car? I found this car carrier with six P85D cars and an 85 in Santa Nella along i5.

... mine could be the second one on top, with the wrapping on the front,...

It's not hard to scroll past wk057's posts and responses to it. I don't really mind.

Funny, I sent him a photo of his car on a car carrier (haha), he should be super excited to know its on the way.

This whole thread about the dual motor deliveries has a bipolar nature to it (from almost every one of the posters involved in the wait for their car). Everyone is excited, then upset, then excited again, then upset...its somewhat amusing as an outsider (not waiting for a car) knowing that you all are going to be so very happy once you are driving the cars...call me envious.